I did a thing.. '19 ZL1 1LE Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like the GTR but I don’t think it’s anything special. Guess it doesn’t help that I live in an area where GTRs are every friggin where.

New car > GTR

You need to find a church and remove the hood.

There are a ton of GTRs in DFW, too. I really enjoyed owning that car but it was time for something new. I'm currently on the hunt for a church with that deep, deep south vibe..

So as mentioned previously, the NT01s lasted about 3 track days and 1700 street miles before they wound up looking like this:
20190624_195258.jpg 20190624_195336.jpg

No bueno. I got a set of used Goodyear Supercar 3Rs for a decent price, so I'm going to run those for my next two events (hopefully) and a few street miles. I've got it up on jack stands for a bunch of maintenance:
  • Flush rear differential
  • Change transmission fluid (going to RP Synchromax)
  • Change oil & filter (going to run Mobil 1 15w50 full time because Texas)
  • Bleed brakes with new Castrol SRF
  • Install brake cooling ducts
I'll hopefully have everything buttoned up tonight. I'll try to remember to snap some pics.

So, talk to us about the wrap. What/How much/When/Who/etc?

I had the wrap done in March by a shop called WrapMastersTX. The pattern is called "Jumbo Shadow Black Camo" and is printed on 3M vinyl. The guy who runs it is a friend of mine and usually cuts me a decent deal on any vinyl work. Total cost was $2,500 for this wrap (note my GTR was ~$1,800) because it's a patterned wrap and it's kind of a bitch to line the sides up. It took him about a week to get it done.

If you want to go the DIY route, the materials alone were ~$1,100 and it is a time consuming process to lay it down by yourself. If you're looking for a cheap alternative to paint, there's also this: http://www.autoflexcoatings.com/. It is sprayed on like paint (which means you don't have to remove a bunch of panels, lights, etc.) but peels off like a wrap. I have a friend that sprayed his GTR and I think the cost of material was about the same as a wrap.

Yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen. GM really does have certain things figured out, then other areas really make one wonder.. lol

wow that first guy drove his camaro like a gorilla.

I need to post up some footage of my hand movements while I drive. It does require some man handling. But maybe not gorilla handling..

He sure liked those Curbs..

I am avoiding curbs at all costs now.. this car doesn't hold an alignment for shit lol

lol i was talking about the one handed driving. i cant imagine he's able to finesse anything that way.

Back