K20A2 EG Project Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's looking real good Steve by the way Chuck and Rocky from ShowStoppers USA say what's up, I stopped by
their shop earlier this week.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's looking real good Steve by the way Chuck and Rocky from ShowStoppers USA say what's up, I stopped by
their shop earlier this week.

I'll be hanging with those guys in about 2 weeks in Vegas. SEMA here we come! :)

Moved and welded the rad brackets to the driver's side of the engine bay. The Rad is now physically mounted with my Karcepts relocation bracket.

I'll be finishing the templates and the last of the interior stuff tomorrow (I'm planning anyway).

Steve

Quoted post[/post]]

I'll be hanging with those guys in about 2 weeks in Vegas. SEMA here we come! :)

Moved and welded the rad brackets to the driver's side of the engine bay. The Rad is now physically mounted with my Karcepts relocation bracket.

I'll be finishing the templates and the last of the interior stuff tomorrow (I'm planning anyway).

Steve
Right on! :thumbsup: I'll be at the SEMA show this year myself since I'm the photographer for tCtunerZ.com. This years SEMA is gonna be great, I can't wait.

Your project is coming along nicely man. I look forward to each and every update. Props on the build so far!

Thanks!

Dropped off the door and floor templates. Should be ready by mid next week.

Steve

Seat looks good along with the shifter. (I'll be marking it's final resting spot soon.)

EGK1320-103.jpg

Shifter cables, Hybrid Clutch line, and relocated rad with Karcepts mounting kit.

EGK1320-102.jpg

Motor disassembled ready to be shipped out for the last bit of work....I can't wait to fire this bad boy up for the first time.

EGK1320-100.jpg

EGK1320-101.jpg

Steve

Here's the template for the gauge panel.

EGK1320-104.jpg

EGK1320-105.jpg

EGK1320-106.jpg

Not quite a full semi circle, the base is flat and then angles to the bottom of the semi. Hard to tell from the pics.

The straws are only there for spacing, the actually brackets will need to be well thought out so as not to interfere with the gauges.

Steve

I would kill to help you with this. And if you were in the dallas area we could have your engine done and back in like 2 or 3 days (of course, id be the one working on it....guys up at the shop have a lot of shit to do, and no time to do it).

It kills me to see that engine taken apart...id do anything to get it back together...*sniff*

Tach, speedo, oil, water and EGT (still working on if I want any others there).

Steve

is this gonna be turboed? if not you dont need an egt.

for NA drag car you really only need tach, oil pressure, and water temp.

I would use Air/Fuel, but I've heard that they're not as accurate as an EGT (they can be used for any aspiration).

Speedo, I know I don't need it, might be nice if I have room. :)

Steve

Quoted post[/post]]
if you want afr, get a real wideband. i have the plx-m300 and it has a digital readout :)

My K-Pro will be able to accurately read it as well, just not so that I can see it while I'm racing. I don't want to add another O2 sensor to it, I just need a general idea. Maybe an AF will be fine then.

Steve

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
if you want afr, get a real wideband. i have the plx-m300 and it has a digital readout :)

My K-Pro will be able to accurately read it as well, just not so that I can see it while I'm racing. I don't want to add another O2 sensor to it, I just need a general idea. Maybe an AF will be fine then.

Steve

you NEED a wideband O2, taking readings from your stock narrowband O2 sensor is about as useful as tits on a bull.

SSR Header/Exhaust arrived on Friday. I also ordered my GC Coilovers and Koni Yellows from our own CorSport USA.

I'll be ordering my wheels and tires this week and should FINALLY be able to take a picture of my car...looking like a car. :)

Steve

Back