K20A2 EG Project Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You mean you aren't going to be putting fat slicks in front and bicycle tires in back?? I find that odd..

And I'd have gone with bronze on that car.. but to each his own.

what tires are you going to run?

Quoted post[/post]]
You mean you aren't going to be putting fat slicks in front and bicycle tires in back?? I find that odd..

And I'd have gone with bronze on that car.. but to each his own.

what tires are you going to run?

I'm running slicks on it, don't worry about that. 24.5/8.0-15 for the front and just some small ass tires for the rear. If you have $1200 for Weld wheels, I'd gladly rock those. However, I'm on a budget. I'll worry about the benefits of a lightened rotational mass next season. :)

As for the color...my site's colors are red, black and white. The car is black, the wheels are red and I'm as white as a ghost. :) Just sticking with the theme.

Steve

looks good man keep up the good work
im doing a h22 in a white eg dont have the money to go k20
but i would if i could. :worthy: one agen keep it up dont get lost with it

Springs/Shocks arrived today. Front is done and on the ground with the 17's (until I get tires for the 15's).

Back will be done tomorrow. Pictures comming soon!

Steve

EGK1320-112.jpg

EGK1320-113.jpg

EGK1320-114.jpg

EGK1320-115.jpg

EGK1320-116.jpg

EGK1320-117.jpg

EGK1320-118.jpg

EGK1320-119.jpg

EGK1320-120.jpg

EGK1320-121.jpg

Steve

ooo fuck ive just shit how nice are they
so then bud how much is it gona cost ya to get it all done
from start to finish

Started installing the rear suspension and camber adjusters when I snapped the head off the lower control arm (bolt that holds the lower part of the shock) on the passenger side. Apparently the driver's side is pretty well frozen too. So, I'm going to hit it up with some pen. oil and let it sit over night.

Removing the snapped bolt is going to suck however since I don't own a retraction tool. I'm going to try and unscrew it from the other side since the threads are exposed and then grab it back from the snapped side once enough is threaded through.

I love unexpected shit like this...really, I do. :thumbdown: :p

On a brighter note, I'll be picking up my FAL windows on Monday (thanks Marcos!) and will start prepping the car for that. (Need to weld in a windshield support and tabs on the rear hatch.)

*Edit: LOL! I broke the head off of the other side too. Now both control arms are stuck on the stock struts. I need new bolts and I still have to get the broken ones out of the stock LCAs so I thought about just sparing myself the headache and getting the new LCAs instead.

Stock LCA/Shock bolts...they're loving me. :thumbdown:
LCA1.jpg

LCAs.jpg

Rear suspension installed and waiting for either new LCAs or new bolts and the old ones removed.
rear_susp-1.jpg

Steve

Quoted post[/post]]
*Edit: LOL! I broke the head off of the other side too. Now both control arms are stuck on the stock struts. I need new bolts and I still have to get the broken ones out of the stock LCAs so I thought about just sparing myself the headache and getting the new LCAs instead.

Steve

I just did that replacing my old suspension. I had to go with new LCAs because those bolts were stuck like whoa. Hell, they're still stuck. I soaked them for a week with three different kinds of penetrating lube, air hammer, air chisle, sledge hammer, torch, NOTHING would get those bastards to budge. I got the wicked tuning LCAs from ebay and am pretty happy with them. Nothing amazing but they get the job done. And they give you an icy hot stunna look from the rear. :thumbsup:

*edit*
Here is the thread where I asked for suggestions as to how to break loose the bolts. Several good ones in there. One might work for you. -----> cLiCkY <-----

Back