K20R CRX... Also, new to the board :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

COMPOSIMO ! Hey dude ! It's good to see you're still keepin it real, but what other kind of projects have you been up to over the years ? Is Johnny Black still around ?

welcome, man. saw the post on H-T about this. glad to see you join up. :)

Cashizslick: Thanks!

Brian11to1: Hey, nice ITB's there... i like the carbon horns on it.. heh.

nismogod: Quite possibly :wink: hehe. More than likely at the track, and autocrosses though.

eg6sir: Eh... it is a squeeze... to pull the header off means unhooking and practically removing the motor. Pulling the head will require the motor to be 90% out of the engine bay :cry: Very tight... however, once in, it fits and looks -awesome- !

Stealthmode: Hey Stealth! Thanks! Yea, there are other writeups out there.. even more detailed ones... this is more of a 'diary' version.. heh.

AirJockie: HEY! Whats up my man?? haven't seen you around for a loooooooong time! Yea, the Resource went downhill with the quickness! Pretty much everyone and their brother went over to http://www.CRXCommunity.com It is MUCH better, and has a lot more tech and discussions. Thats my new 'home' on the web... Steve broke the last straw he had with me... lol. As for Brymans car.... yea, i figured he would. Its a shame... that is SUCH a nice car. If i had a need for it, and the money, i'd definitely buy it.... but i'm on the k-kick now, so i'd have to put a K in it to be happy... haha! I just hope it goes to a good owner :)

reikoshea: Thanks! Glad to be here :)

Celerity: Holy crap! If AirJockie wasn't enough, now YOU show up from the past.... damn man, loooooong loooooooooooooooooooooong time no see... haha! How have you been? Yea, Jonny_Black is still around. He actually works over here at the shop now (www.iconautoparts.com)... he and i are both over on www.crxcommunity.com regularly. He sitll has Tweak, and i'm building a "BBT Part 2", which will be a turbo'd K :wink: As for other projects?... hehe... lots! Great to see you here! Do you still have a CRX? I see you're prety big into the NX there... hehe. Looks like lots of fun :)

GSRCRX: Thanks! Yea, i'm trying to post this in a few places so that people can see some of the things we're doing with the swap so that they can get some idea's and inspiration out of it :) We fired it up today more, and played with K-Pro some... MAN, that is an awesome tuning tool. K-Pro makes the whole setup so easy and livable. No check engine lights, and idles like an absolute dream! I love this motor... i'm a K-onvert for sure :wink: K-RX is the BEST!

steve and clayton have been here for a good while :)

he still has his crx... hopefully soon will be in my hands to be a clean pretty much stock DD. its too hot.

welcome!!!! always nice to see another so passionate. digging those k-series alot, but to rich for my blood right now, keep us up to date with all the cars.

~Ryan

Very very nice! Welcome to Hondaswap! I wish I still had my CRX and the desire to spend that much modding it...

TeinGirl: Thanks! :wink:

TurboMirage: Yea, i know em from back in the day on another board. Hope you DO keep that car clean... clean CRX's are very hard to find these days.

92dxhatch: Thanks! Yea, i love these cars.. they are so nice looking, and easy to work on... and the K motor just seems to bring it all together :ph34r: I'll definitely keep everyone up to date on the other two K swaps we're doing here in the next month or two.

Calesta: Thanks, and i'm glad to be here... The CRX is coming around as a great collector car. Perfect stock examples of them are selling for upwards of $5-8000 depending on condition and mileage. Its amazing the price clean stockers are going for. Almost makes me want to convert the one i just bought back to stock, but i'd rather have it modded.. haha! But the CRX is a good car to spend some money on to make nice. Out of the Honda lineup, its more than likely going to be the most valuable of the bunch down the road.

Quoted post[/post]]
TeinGirl: Thanks! :wink:

TurboMirage: Yea, i know em from back in the day on another board. Hope you DO keep that car clean... clean CRX's are very hard to find these days.

92dxhatch: Thanks! Yea, i love these cars.. they are so nice looking, and easy to work on... and the K motor just seems to bring it all together :ph34r: I'll definitely keep everyone up to date on the other two K swaps we're doing here in the next month or two.

Calesta: Thanks, and i'm glad to be here... The CRX is coming around as a great collector car. Perfect stock examples of them are selling for upwards of $5-8000 depending on condition and mileage. Its amazing the price clean stockers are going for. Almost makes me want to convert the one i just bought back to stock, but i'd rather have it modded.. haha! But the CRX is a good car to spend some money on to make nice. Out of the Honda lineup, its more than likely going to be the most valuable of the bunch down the road.

This post makes me hurt inside.

Yea, but cars in that range are worth that money.... working a/c, perfect plastic, trim, carpet, floor mats, etc. Just making a car stock and giving it a bath won't make it worth that much in stock form :wink:

But in reality, where else are you going to get a car that nice for that kind of money? Any new car these days is at least a few thou more than that, and the crx's that pull those kind of numbers are just as nice and clean as any new car out there.

8)

Ok guys, here it is... the last set of pics! Thankfully mother nature was quite responsive today with a great rain shower nearing sunset, and the lighting was really quite nice :)

The car is now done, the owner is extremely happy, and now we'll meet it and its owner for the alignment and tuning this week, and depending on the owners schedule, possibly even track time!

DSC_4269.JPG

DSC_4270.JPG

DSC_4273.JPG

DSC_4275.JPG

DSC_4278.JPG

DSC_4279.JPG

DSC_4280.JPG

DSC_4281.JPG

DSC_4282.JPG

DSC_4286.JPG

DSC_4289.JPG

DSC_4288.JPG

And thats all for now folks! Keep an eye out for our next two K series swaps :wink: One white beast, and a yellow-bellied Y-49 disaster... haha! They are under the knife as i type this :wink:

DSC_4291.JPG

DSC_4299.JPG

You guys rock out ! I'm totally impressed. But with your background and experience, it's no surprise to me that you were the first to pull it off so well.

Kudos ! And now it's time to talk to the magazines !

Celerity: Thanks mang! :) The next two out of the shop should be even nicer, since they are starting out in the body shop instead of doing the swap first, and then the body shop. Both are going to be completely sand blasted and the paint/body is going to start from scratch. Should be neat, since we're doing two similar setups side-by-side, both fully built but one will be turbo, and the other will be all-motor... hehe.

Seany: Ya like that? you ought to see the rest of it. The guy who owned this car right before its previous owner decided that it'd be a great thing to paint the entire car that green color. They did a partial-strip of the car, interior out, etc, but all trim still in, the rear hatch in, and everything.... every singel square inch of it was painted green, even over the doorhandles. Its a shame... it used to be a very nice white back when i owned the car a few years back (isn't it ironic how small the world can be? lol!)

Since everyone likes vids :) Here is a video of the car on the dyno... next week we'll hopefully have track vids.

We got rained out tonight and weren't able to make it to the track, but here is a video of the CRX doing its pull on the dyno. Made 220.9whp, and 145.0lb ft of torque! I'll have the graph up tomorrow, but for now:

Right-Click/Save-As: http://www.iconmedia.tv/video/KRX1.220.9.mov - 12MB or so.

8)

StealthMode: Thanks man! By the way, that yellow one is going to need some oil lines :wink:

Turbo Mirage: Well, i don't know about the -hottest crx-, i've seen some nice ones... but hottest engine bay? Well, i've only seen one or two that could compete with the overall bay, and none so clean with a K... although, Ryan from RyWire.com, and Chris are working on one that could be even nicer. Of course we're working on another one now as well that'd fit that description as well.

Brian: Yea, the front end is really nice. That CRX is going to be haaaaaaaaawt when done! I'm planning on starting another project thread on that car here shortly :wink:

Seany: Well, i'd personally go with the full WW kit, and the VIS SiR frontend repro... but yea, i do like the look of the OEM setup as well. One or the other definitely looks great. But this doesn't look that bad though either in person :)

Back