Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn.. it sounds kinda like a 5.0 mustang lol
Cammed & Open downpipe :p
Yeah it really does sound like a Mustang lol... Still very nice man
Thanks bro
hahah lol i wasnt sure anyone else would hear it.. .. its sounding good
Thanks man :thumbsup:
i like!!!sounds mean
Thanks lol i love it
muthafuckin' big block!!!!!!

honda motor my ass:ph34r:
haha thats what im gonna tell people.. "ya i got a 350 swap..." :ph34r:

lol so it doesnt sound like a honda, oh well :p

Thanks man..

Just took it around the block, and I am off a tooth on the timing. Adjust, retry tomorrow!

So how much have you put into this monster so far? I know your buying all brand new parts cept for your turbo its self.

Thanks man..

Just took it around the block, and I am off a tooth on the timing. Adjust, retry tomorrow!

i knew there was something not completely right when i saw the vid... and thats what i figured was going on... timing... you can actually hear it in the video ya know lol

Well, the turbo itself is actually brand new as well. I just bought it off of a friend for cheap. He never even mounted the damn thing!

Anyway, I'll break it down this way because its kind of painful to think about lol

Head:
Cams - 300
Springs, retainers, misc new seals etc. - 550
Headwork - 300
Total - ~1100

Block-
Pistons/Rods - 700 (christmas present)
Bearings, seals, gaskets, etc - 300
Total - ~1,000

Turbo setup
Walbro 255 - 100
450cc's - 150
Mani - 550
Turbo - 500
WG - 300
BOV - 250
Intercooler - 150
DP - 100
Total - ~2,000

Paint -
Total - $850.97

Suspension-
Total- $720

Mounts, axles- $1550

Fuck man, the list could go on, but I built it with reliability in mind my friend.

^ Thanks dude.

Working on that stupid timing issue here in a few, I've been too busy to get to it. The weather is shitty right now, so prolly won't be driving it until I get a stretch of nice weather.

Its sunny, and I'm going to talk to a tuner today, hopefully he can get my ish leaned out a little bit so I can get this break in going!

Great progress, Matt. That is awesome that you listed the parts and how much you spent as well, though I really wish my head work was going to be that cheap. haha Keep it up. I'm going to re-read part of your thread now. :D

DUDE! YOU GOT A RAMHORN!!! I am so showing this to everyone at work. They think I'm CRAZY for wanting to spend $899 for my ramhorn. Mine will be a/c compatible and will be worth every penny since I live in Florida. I swear, PeakBoost will make a pretty penny off of me. haha

Where did you get yours?

DUDE! YOU GOT A RAMHORN!!! I am so showing this to everyone at work. They think I'm CRAZY for wanting to spend $899 for my ramhorn. Mine will be a/c compatible and will be worth every penny since I live in Florida. I swear, PeakBoost will make a pretty penny off of me. haha

Where did you get yours?

I got mine from Peakboost as well, but it was Non-AC. And get this:

They couldn't sell it because its T4 flanged and 38mm wastegate, which is very uncommon because most go with Topmount and 44mm+.

Well, I got a synapse, which has a 38mm flange but is actually a very efficient wastegate and supports in excess of 500whp they claim.

I called them up, told them what I needed, and the guy said they have had one just sitting forever. I asked how much, he said 570, so I took it. :D

Watch the video, Luis!

Some random pics from today. Luis wanted some pics of my Ramhorn, so here they are.. also a teaser of some work I did to the ass end :ph34r:

100_0855copy.jpg

100_0857copy.jpg

100_0860copy.jpg

....I love the last pic. I don't care if you don't like em. I've always loved smoked tail lights. :D

Couldnt tell they were smoked! lol They are that dark. Is that thing going to pass inspection lol

Couldnt tell they were smoked! lol They are that dark. Is that thing going to pass inspection lol
Haha, yes they are pretty dark but the lights are still very visible.
I'm liking the smoked tails. God your car is just pure sex.
Thanks man :thumbsup: We'll have to get a NW meet together sometime, I'd like to see your fodo in person too :D
DAMN WORK! I can't see!!!
FAIL! Get a better work comp :ph34r: :huh:
I'd like some smoked tails on my hatch too, Matt! *COUGH* HINT! :D
:huh: Yes I need to get up there and get that damn box down!
Maybe I'll send you whats left of my tint stuff too :ph34r:

Back