Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can you request to go on the rollers and sniffer instead of the plug in???
im in the process of finding out about this right now. my gf's uncle used to instruct the emissions technicians out here, so he's going to see if thats a possibility.
is this something that is done in other states?
No way to run the car off an OBDII ecu with the wastegate open?
if i were to go back to obd2 id have a lot of CEL's i think. definitely one for o2 sensors, since the car currently only has a wideband on it.

mikes neon had a CEL so they ran it through on the sniffer
dunno how common that is... its the first time i had seen or heard of it

mikes neon had a CEL so they ran it through on the sniffer
dunno how common that is... its the first time i had seen or heard of it

i failed emissions when the car was all motor. it had a CEL but i ran it through to see what their process of "testing" my car was.

all they did was plug their computer in to the obd2 COM port, saw there was a CEL, unplugged it, printed out a sheet that said i failed and sent me on my way.

if i were to revert my car back to obd2, id have to:
1) find 2 working o2 sensors and put them in the car.
2) find a working obd2 p75 ECU
3) remove the resistor pack for the injectors
4) put my obd2 b18b injectors back in
5) change the clips for the injectors
6) re-solder the plug for the factory map sensor
7) disconnect the charge piping and smash a filter on the end of it
8) hope that dont have to change any of the other little bullshit wiring things i switched
9) if it doesnt pass after all of that, take the car to the nearest cliff, put a rock on the gas pedal, and enjoy the fireworks

i failed emissions when the car was all motor. it had a CEL but i ran it through to see what their process of "testing" my car was.

all they did was plug their computer in to the obd2 COM port, saw there was a CEL, unplugged it, printed out a sheet that said i failed and sent me on my way.

if i were to revert my car back to obd2, id have to:
1) find 2 working o2 sensors and put them in the car.
2) find a working obd2 p75 ECU
3) remove the resistor pack for the injectors
4) put my obd2 b18b injectors back in
5) change the clips for the injectors
6) re-solder the plug for the factory map sensor
7) disconnect the charge piping and smash a filter on the end of it
8) hope that dont have to change any of the other little bullshit wiring things i switched
9) if it doesnt pass after all of that, take the car to the nearest cliff, put a rock on the gas pedal, and enjoy the fireworks

10) scratch #9 and give it to someone who would love and car for it that does not live in an emissions test area.

Hey matt, i swore i saw the name of the company you got those piping from for charge piping, but i scrolled through and couldnt find a name. I was interested in the same idea, what angles did you get and about how much did you drop?

Thanks man, gl with the build.

10) scratch #9 and give it to someone who would love and car for it that does not live in an emissions test area.
ahh yes, a much more reasonable solution. ill likely stay with this car for a while. too much time and money invested.
Hey matt, i swore i saw the name of the company you got those piping from for charge piping, but i scrolled through and couldnt find a name. I was interested in the same idea, what angles did you get and about how much did you drop?

Thanks man, gl with the build.
i got it from this place:
Tube Bending & Fabrication - Columbia River Mandrel Bending

bends i used (all in 2.5"):
4x 90 degree
2x 45 degree
1x 4 ft section straight (didnt need too much of it)
i think it was ~140$ with shipping included. though i cant remember exactly how much my first order was

i think i have the emissions situation figured out. a coworker lives out in the sticks so im going to use his street address (since you must have one) and then use a PO box to get the mail for the car. i dont really want to have to trust someone else to get my mail.

double0si, you dont get to know that information until i get that Si grille :ph34r:
PM's sent to you three.

btw, how much do you want for that grille? ;)

Back