Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Awesome man. Now if you could only find your way to the other side of your shop, on the very top shelf and get that stuff for that stupid Florida guy that would be great. haha

Seriously though man, awesome job! I'm glad it fired up. Keep us updated.
Shit man, I keep forgetting to do that! I need to get the ladder out today and get up there. Hopefully a repeat of last time doesn't happen (fell off the ladder) :ph34r:
If you didn't live in Washington I would take you up on that offer for sure. It should be getting a semi built mini me put together in the next couple weeks.
Nice man, well a mini me should do the trick, eh?
did you rmember the dowels!!!!goodjob,and for the vc,talk to that whistler guy,he powdercoats.and it wont matter ow man times you take it off,just be careful,ive put 1 ding in m spray paintd cover,and that was because i was pissed and just slammd it around
Haha yes I did remember the dowels.. and the HG :ph34r: Thats a first for me..

I want to powdercoat it, but it's too much to ship it up there :cry: I think I'll just have a buddy of mine coat it, I haven't talked to him in awhile though. Should be interesting.

Haha yes I did remember the dowels.. and the HG :ph34r: Thats a first for me..

I want to powdercoat it, but it's too much to ship it up there :cry: I think I'll just have a buddy of mine coat it, I haven't talked to him in awhile though. Should be interesting.
just clean it up real good,go to the autoparts store,get the highheat pimer,and te highheat paint(your choice)and go to town,itll come out good,thats how ive done all mine

Here is a pic of my valve cover after I painted it with header paint from advance auto. I think that is what you and injen are talking about correct.

P1010004-4.jpg

just clean it up real good,go to the autoparts store,get the highheat pimer,and te highheat paint(your choice)and go to town,itll come out good,thats how ive done all mine
Same here, I think my LS cover has been like 8 different colors. I think I am going to go GunMetal with black lettering on this one (the LS cover) and I plan on painting it with my HVLP and some decent paint. But I do need to figure out the primer situation. I need some stuff that's gonna stick.
Here is a pic of my valve cover after I painted it with header paint from advance auto. I think that is what you and injen are talking about correct.

P1010004-4.jpg
Right on man that looks pretty good.. I think I'm gonna take a whack at mine with the HVLP

Copy on not repeating the epic fail. :D

Haha, I really need to adjust the freakin shelves in the shop. I need to put another set up, or lower the current ones. They're way too high.

So tomorrow my Dad is going to check out a 92 Accord for $500. He knows the guy, and it runs and drives. 4dr and 5spd I believe. Hopefully it goes through, Volvo is on its last leg.. Knock is getting pretty loud :ph34r:

Update: New DD coming. 92 accord for $350.

And the snow is here =/ damnit.. looks like I'll have to wait till spring to boost :(

I got it. It's in decent shape. I need to change a cam seal and throw the snow tires on it and I'm good to go.

I have a 93 great car, I love it. that car will run forever. Only problems I've had is the distributor goes bad on it often. Other then that it's old faithful. BTW no snow tires on mine and I do fine. I do keep decent tires on it and it goes, I've never gotten stuck. Friday on the drive home from work (snow storm) I was passing the 15-20 MPH douche bags

:werd: this thing seems like a tank in the snow. I drove it home with slicks on it today lol and it did pretty good.

The problem is, we have about 3ft of now on the ground here right now, so I'm just gonna throw the snow tires from the Volvo on it.

The Volvo bit the dust BTW, I think it bent a rod. Boo.

swap the b18 in the volvo!! that would be sick but most likely impractical.

o_O idiot.

Good to hear you can get around fine in the Accord Matt, my Civic isn't especially fond of the snow even with chains on. I've just been driving my parent's old POS van.

Here's an update on the progress of my ek. Last night I tore into it and started on the LS swap. Got the motor all mounted up, and ready to go. Today is wiring and finishing up random little bits of stuff, then hopefully startup! Heres some pics.
4bgcs4k.jpg

The D16Y7 just about ready to come out.
2dr81h3.jpg

No more D!! :)
2pql34k.jpg

LS swap getting ready to go in with the Unorthodox Pulleys on
40e4hmr.jpg

Its in.

This swap has been fairly easy, it was pretty fun to do. I cleaned the engine bay with degreaser while the D was out and the LS was being prepped. My dad and I tackled this in about 10 hours, taking our time on everything. Future plans are most likely a HMT on the LS, and im going to tear down and rebuild the D, find a crx and make a nice daily driver. Thx for lookin.

how much hp does that engine give out?

well a stock b18b has about 140 hp to th crank,hes done a build and tubo so im guessing more than that:)

yea he's got to be atleast pushing like what 200 to the wheel lol jk
lets take bets on how much he puts to the wheels when he gets that beast on the dyno im guessing 450whp

Haha, B18 into the Volvo.. wouldn't that be something. Naw, I'm going to donate it to a car charity. I don't feel like fucking with it. I'm going to strip all of my sound system shit out of it and sell most of it. I'll use a small speaker amp in the Accord to get some decent components going.

Update on the Civic.. Trailiered it to the dyno yesterday since they cleared the roads of. First pull was 282whp and 240ft/lb tq on 8psi with a poopy tune. Second pull yielded 324/285 and the third and final was 330/292 on 8psi. I only paid for an hour, so that was good enough for me. I don't have any pics or anything.. Sister has the digital camera. When she gets back.. pics will be up of the dyno sheet.

Welded a new muffler on the Accord last night. The old one was rusted to shit and sounded like ass. Stock replacement FTW. Also, something huge in the mail for the Accord, but I cannot disclose any further information at this time :ph34r:

Back