no wonder why kids today can barely read...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you're putting in the effort to make ends meet then there's nothing wrong with that, my issue is with the many people I've run across that live at home to "save money", they make enough money to pay the min on their bills so they're not late, they manage to have enough money to buy cigs, go to the bars 2-3 times a week and then go back to work in the morning so they get another check to keep the cycle going. All the while saying how its ok because they're making a living and doing what they can do.... Some people like living their life and being happy with what they have, other people like the idea that what they have is beacuse of what they did, they can and WILL do better no matter what gets in the way, the skys the limit.

Lots of people live their lives giving it 30-40% if even that. I guess it's ok, as long as they're happy.

Besides now we have Obama bucks for those people for when their car needs new tires and that tire bill pushes them over their limit.

I agree. if you work 70 hours a week, pay all your debt, don't live on welfare, and still live at home. ok. fine. you are doing something. if you are working 20 hours a week and drive a honda that takes 90% of your money, there is a problem.

fuck you, i work hard. don't hate me because i'm bust my ass. I dont' have everything i want, but it's because there is a greater cause. I live a good life and within my means. i'm not in a ton of debt because i make good decisions. and i don't expect someone to bail me out either.

If you're putting in the effort to make ends meet then there's nothing wrong with that, my issue is with the many people I've run across that live at home to "save money", they make enough money to pay the min on their bills so they're not late, they manage to have enough money to buy cigs, go to the bars 2-3 times a week and then go back to work in the morning so they get another check to keep the cycle going. All the while saying how its ok because they're making a living and doing what they can do.... Some people like living their life and being happy with what they have, other people like the idea that what they have is beacuse of what they did, they can and WILL do better no matter what gets in the way, the skys the limit.

Lots of people live their lives giving it 30-40% if even that. I guess it's ok, as long as they're happy.

Besides now we have Obama bucks for those people for when their car needs new tires and that tire bill pushes them over their limit.

So what about me?

I'm living with my mom. I have no work, no debt, and no spending money. I eat her food, I drive her car.

fuck you, i work hard. don't hate me because i'm bust my ass. I dont' have everything i want, but it's because there is a greater cause. I live a good life and within my means. i'm not in a ton of debt because i make good decisions. and i don't expect someone to bail me out either.

So you live at home, could care less about making your life better by moving up in the world and are happy making 8 bucks an hour with zero desire to better yourself? if so, then sorry you feel that way, and you're more then welcome to say fuck you to me since I truly do look down on you. however I don't think that's you.

Again, my beef is with the people who either dropped out of HS, or were able to get their GED, and could care less about doing anything with their life.

I know people like that, they're happy that come Friday they go out with their best friend and on sat, they can drink at home with their friends, and come mid week they get to go out again with their friend.... no school, no real job, basic hour wage worker with zero desire to do anything other then get to the next bar night, or maybe next cool movie.

that's the people I have beef with.

Nothing wrong with living at home if there's a valid reasons, school is a great reason.

Let me just make this clear.

Person A. = doesn't care where they live or what they do, as long as they get to make it week to week doing the little things they enjoy, in most people that I know like this, that thing is the bar/club.

Person B = makes a point to always learn something new, advance in life and make whatever they can out of what they have. Settling for less is NOT an option.

So nick, are you person A or person B?

So what about me?

I'm living with my mom. I have no work, no debt, and no spending money. I eat her food, I drive her car.

I would assume based on your age, you're 21 and have no idea as to what you want to do and are hopefully trying to figure it out in the next few years If you plan on doing nothing and living at home the rest of your life then yes, you're on my Obama bucks list. So hopefully in 2-3 years you'll either be working somewhere or maybe in a college/trade school of some sort.

I lived at home till I was 23, however, I started working at 17 and the day I turned 18 my dad gave me the option. go to school full time and not pay rent, or go to work and pay rent. I never went to school so from 18-23 I paid rent to live at home. My rent also went up year to year.....

So you live at home, could care less about making your life better by moving up in the world and are happy making 8 bucks an hour with zero desire to better yourself? if so, then sorry you feel that way, and you're more then welcome to say fuck you to me since I truly do look down on you. however I don't think that's you.

Again, my beef is with the people who either dropped out of HS, or were able to get their GED, and could care less about doing anything with their life.

I know people like that, they're happy that come Friday they go out with their best friend and on sat, they can drink at home with their friends, and come mid week they get to go out again with their friend.... no school, no real job, basic hour wage worker with zero desire to do anything other then get to the next bar night, or maybe next cool movie.

Nothing wrong with living at home if there's a valid reasons, school is a great reason.

Person A. = doesn't care where they live or what they do, as long as they get to make it week to week doing the little things they enjoy, in most people that I know like this, that thing is the bar/club.

Person B = makes a point to always learn something new, advance in life and make whatever they can out of what they have. Settling for less is NOT an option.

what about person c who does nothing, not even things that they enjoy.
i dont think anybody should be ridiculed if they are living the life that they want to live, but dont expect me to help them if theyre not trying their hardest to make it on their own..

I lived at home till I was 23, however, I started working at 17 and the day I turned 18 my dad gave me the option. go to school full time and not pay rent, or go to work and pay rent. I never went to school so from 18-23 I paid rent to live at home. My rent also went up year to year.....

Well yeah, there we have it - Both of the guys here who are looking down on these people, are those people !

I win. You suck.

And as far as going on about Awptickes, at 21 he's lived twice the lives of most of you morons.

Well yeah, there we have it - Both of the guys here who are looking down on these people, are those people !

I win. You suck.

And as far as going on about Awptickes, at 21 he's lived twice the lives of most of you morons.

If anyone of the noobs that wonders how Celerity has so many wins under his belt, that's why.

=)

Did you not miss the point about how living at home is fine if there's a reason? schooling/trying to better yourself or are in between places?

I paid rent at 18, made a point to go from the bottom of the ladder to the top at work I was busting ass trying to go from 2.38 + tips up to 40K+ by 21, when I was 21 I made an offer on a house, offer fell short so I looked at other houses then the market went like crazy so I ditched that idea and looked for an apartment, the day I found an apartment with a garage I jumped on it, I was the first one into my apartment building. That's how fast I jumped on it. took 2 years after my first offer on a house but I always looking the whole time. On top of that while I was at home

All the while at home, I went back to the books and got my GED, then worked on Spanish and Mandarin, cooking, music, and trading stock, and martial arts, where I currently hold a yudansha in traditional karate.

So from the age of 18 to 23 when I moved out, I can't really say I did nothing but work my time and waited for the weekends to come so I could party or hit the bars only to fall back on mom or dad for food and a place to stay.

I do have to say, rent was cheap, at the end I think it was up to $400.00 a month

B clearly also falls into the doesn't care about going anywhere and wants to stay at home, he went to college, dropped out, and for as long as I can remember him he was always looking for a house trying to get out from home. now he's on his 2nd house and makes more then most anyone here. Yet you feel you can lable him as "those people" meaning the guys that could care less where life takes them as long as they're happy at the end of the week?

Well who's better than you ? Perhaps you missed the part where I didn't say Jeffie, in an attempt to bring anyone who wanted to fight Celerity up onto the stage ?

For years I've only been able to argue / counterargue points here by making targets vague. It's the only way out of the personal attacks .

Also, Brian (Who is the person I directly addressed here) is NOT lumped into "the guys that could care less where life takes them as long as they're happy at the end of the week" camp because... Well, because that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying. Of what anyone is saying. Of like, anything.

So inaccurate, in fact, that I'm totally confused here. You just prepared an assault on me based on my own weapon, but then turned it back in on yourself while looking out onto the crowd yelling "Look what I just did to Cel!"

It's like a quadruple double negative .

Well who's better than you ? Perhaps you missed the part where I didn't say Jeffie, in an attempt to bring anyone who wanted to fight Celerity up onto the stage ?

For years I've only been able to argue / counterargue points here by making targets vague. It's the only way out of the personal attacks .

Also, Brian (Who is the person I directly addressed here) is NOT lumped into "the guys that could care less where life takes them as long as they're happy at the end of the week" camp because... Well, because that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying. Of what anyone is saying. Of like, anything.

So inaccurate, in fact, that I'm totally confused here. You just prepared an assault on me based on my own weapon, but then turned it back in on yourself while looking out onto the crowd yelling "Look what I just did to Cel!"

It's like a quadruple double negative .

I was just pointing out how you like to label your wins. making fun of the post before with the ||||| ||||| ||||| since the noobs didn't know any better =)

whos better then me? I feel I'm no better or no worse then the next person that puts effort into anything they do.

I think that B should do what he wants. If he is not interested in someone because of their age or that they live with their parents still, that is his right to feel that way. He should move along to the next person he meets, gets "winked" at or just wait for the right person to come along. Everyone is different. So B just do your thing and let's all quit arguing and trying to justify who or when it's ok to live with their parents and who moved out when, ect. It's getting old after 7 pages. Good Luck B. :)

So what about ppl like me? I live at home. I work 38-42 hours a week. I go out and drink with friends on Friday an Saturday. I also strive to be good at what I do. I work side by side with machinist and welders that have a minimum of 10 years experience, and everyone looks at me as an equal. Im also one of three drafters at my company. I run Master CAM and a lil Solid Works, for anyone who knows what those are. Im also enrolling back in school. Also, FYI Im only 20 years old. Then when the work week is over, I go out and drink. You tryin to say Im a burden to all of you?

Jesus christ, everyone thinks this is all about them.

Back