Painted my buddys turbo tercel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think u did well.... there are a lot of assholes out there.... i have a friend turboing a geo prizm so i down for any type of swapped cars

almost fully wetsanded...

moresand3.JPG

well i like it alot...kinda looks like a wrx....but not much.....
why have you not painted the bumpers?

hes going to pull the bumpers and take care of them later.

the skirts are already a nice glossy black.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 1 2005, 05:25 PM
gold fuel door???????????????
[post=534157]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont care for it either...

but the wheels, wipers, front grille, and TT symbols on the skirts and rear bumper are also gold.

im set. i told him i wasnt doing any sanding work on his car because he's hardly helped out with mine.

what are friends for? :rolleyes:

Eww. The other gold parts I can see...barely. But the furl door? Yuck. Otherwise I like the way it looks!

if he does a complete swap of the gold to black.... it is def the best looking tercel Ive probably seen in a while sooo.... nice work

Originally posted by Celerity+Jul 1 2005, 03:24 PM-->
I didn't mind my 91 Tercel ... everyone laughed at me for driving a 4 speed with no tach.

Now I drive a 91 Civic with a 4 speed and no tach. Go figure.

-> Steve
[post=519308]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha only now with the civic, your "hip" because lots of people put intakes/muffler's on civics with no tach. . . . and it gives you an excuse to buy a big ricer tach from autozone. While you are at it, pick up some a/r, oil press, and egt gauges so you can monitor that vicious 1.5 lol.

TurboMirage
@Jun 22 2005, 02:59 PM
very fast. 11psi. weighs 2115lbs with full interior, subs, and him in it. ~150ish to the wheels.

motor is from an 88 starlet gt.
[post=515336]Quoted post[/post]​

Seriously though, the 91 turbo tercel is nice. All he has to do for another 25 - 30 whp is to turn up the boost 3 - 4lbs (depending on what that motor can handle). With the right set of electronics in that thing, i bet it would be very hard to beat with ANY honda built for the same price. Think about it, all that tercel needs is an intercooler, bigger fuel pump, boost controler, and a wideband 02/SAFC tune and it will beat most n/a & juiced honda's provided they are not gutted and still have some of their "comfort features".

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 3 2005, 09:40 AM
yeah, but he has a 93 tercel.

it has an intercooler, fuel pump, ebc.
[post=549140]Quoted post[/post]​

With so many posts and turbo tercel's/mirage's i got confused :beat:

Post up some pics of the engine bay.

this thread is about a turbo tercel... not a mirage ;)

well i dont actually have pics of the motor. but these will do for now. its a 4EFTE from an 88 Starlet GT, 1.3L DOHC TURBO.

pic of the turbo when i installed the greddy profec bspec2
actuator%20to%20electronic%20solenoid%20blockoff.JPG

the tmic.
HoodHole.JPG

the car cost him 2000 initially, swapped from NJ. a complete stock turbo swapped, running drive-anywhere car, and its proven its reliability.

mods? i personally installed the ebc, hks bov, 395cc injectors, and the gr2 shocks. he hasn't done shit himself on the car ;) he just drives the hell out of it, and i tell him what needs fixing which hasnt been really anything yet. it has stock LSD, and it pulls... hard. im sure it would be atleast a match if not more for a slightly modded GS-R. 14psi is nice, especially when even on the starlet ECU the car doesnt hiccup at all. i just had to disable the stock EBC when i put the greddy one on.

any questions? ;)

yeah. did he cut that hood brace that covers almost 33% of the intercooler? and if you say no he needs it for structural purposes... just cut it, weld two angled ones to the the otehr two seen in that pic.

nah he didnt want it cut anyways, and we didnt want to weld anything.

hes going to get a c/f hood soon, done up with a scoop mounted flush.

Back