''screwed'

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aznhottiekj

i was tightening my valve cover bolts after removing them, and i snapped on off..........
how/where can i get this fixed??

am i screwed??

Hey, you can edit your posts by clicking the edit tag on the post above.

i'm sure a machine shop could figure out how to get it out for you. it might be worth it to try to use one of those bits used to remove stripped screws... although i doubt it would be able to handle enough torque to pull out a valve cover bolt. HTH.

yea, i try a machine shop i guess,
but i dnt need it out,

the valve cover goes onto these bolts that are part of the engine block and i snapped one of those off, so i need to get them to wheld me another bolt or sumpin

no, you can pull the stud out with a stud remover, i doubt you snapped it all the way down to the head. i did this with my valve cover studs, just remove the studs and put in a new one.
EDIT:
or, if its that bad, get an easy out, and drill it out

so its kinda like a bolt screwed into a holder??
and if i take the holder out then i can put a new bolt in there?

you should be able to tell by looking at it, with the valve cover off of course. what motor is this for? and which one snapped?

by the way, thanks for all the help guys, im klinda retarded when it comes to working on my car......things just seem to go wrong

its a b18b
and its the one thats in the very front....
there are two in the front, but i only snapped the right one

actually, i think that one you can take off with a wrench. when you take your valve cover back off, you'll see where the stud goes into the head of a bolt, take that out and replace it with a new one from the honda/acura dealer. take off your valve cover, you'll see what i'm talking about.

you can do it with a wrench, i did the same thing on my b18c. jus go to the acura dealer, and tell them what bolt you need. go home and replace it. i think the size is 10mm

Back