Should the US take lessons from Israel?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Seperation of Church of State is to completely deny the church any controlling over the state. Not any involvement from the state given unto the Church.

Celerity said:
2. Civil Union. Allowed for taxation purposes.
BAM!

And this is why the Government even gives a shit. Otherwise they wouldn't care. If several million gay people get married, they qualify for all the Govt. benefits of being married, such as giant tax breaks, welfare, financial assistance.. Not to mention employers (including the government) having to pay extra for insurance added for the masses of newly weds. This would absorb billions of dollars, costing the government and our economy heavily.

Celerity said:
The Seperation of Church of State is to completely deny the church any controlling over the state. Not any involvement from the state given unto the Church.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

That means the United States cannot respect any type of religion whatsoever. If marriage is a religious institution, which you say it is, then the US of A can't recognize marriages due to that fact.

Seperation of Church and State isn't in the constitution... that's just a general term for what can and cannot be done. Seperation means just that, keep them seperate. There's no one helping the other. Government can't give props to religion, plain and simple.

However if you want to flip it around, I can always get married under the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I'm a pirate, so His Noodliness should favor me. Oh, the rest of that line says that Congress can't stop me from practicing my religion, so you cannot tell me I am not allowed to be married under the Lord FSM.

Regarding those who have killed in the name of religion.

Its fucking miniscule compared to the benefits as a result of religion.

The amount of people who believe in god who do not kill, compared to those who do believe in god and have killed is MINUTE, MINISCULE, MEANINGLESS.

You can't see the big picture and fuck it I'm done bashing my head against the wall with you. You're open minded alright.

Its absurd to even begin to make the comparisons that you do, but its okay that you're so far on the other extreme that you can't see both the benefits and shortcomings. Kudos to you.

Sabz: Your interpretation of the Constitution is flawed. Please read that post until you see the flaw.

Celerity said:
Sabz: Your interpretation of the Constitution is flawed. Please read that post until you see the flaw.

Show me. I don't see how making no law respecting a religion is difficult to follow.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

They can not prohibit from establishing a religion. That is the proper translation. Here is yours:
That means the United States cannot respect any type of religion whatsoever. If marriage is a religious institution, which you say it is, then the US of A can't recognize marriages due to that fact.

I don't know where you got this from. The USA CAN recognise. Where does it say that it doesn't ? We recognise all sorts of religions: Including FSM and Subgenius.

Seperation of Church and State isn't in the constitution (No, it's in the Declaration of Independence)... that's just a general term for what can and cannot be done. Seperation means just that, keep them seperate. There's no one helping the other. Government can't give props to religion, plain and simple.

"That's a general term". Your democrat fiction begins here. There are no general terms, it's not loosely regarded and open to translation. Seperation was performed: The land from where the drafters of the Declaration come from was one where the British government was controlled by the church. This line breaks that up. Everything beyond that is open. Church groups can give money to political campaigns, and politicians can give money to churches.

Now, it's your turn to yell the same thing that you've been yelling, only louder. On the count of 5....

GO

Seriously, you guys need to stack dump, reboot, touch gloves, and come out swinging..

Quit with the Yeah huh! nuh uhh! yeah huh! nuh uhh!

Blanco said:
Dude. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" means quite simply that America can not choose any religion over another and can make no laws as such. Not giving homosexuals the right to marriage based on Christian principles is a violation of that. Objective perspectives rule. Our forefathers wanted to make damn sure that America wouldn't become religiously run like Europe. Currently, efforts are being made to destroy that and turn this into a Christian country instead of an open country.

Seperation of Church and State was first used by Thomas Jefferson in a letter. The Declaration of Independence is not a legal document and means very little compared to the Constitution and the original 10 Amendments.

Hahaha @ currently.

When religion is at an all time low in America.

You mean FOREVER, FOREVER people have tried to spread their beliefs - its human nature. We're spreading our beliefs right now.

And I wouldn't be an abusive, arrogant, prick if the guy could just read a god damn statement rather than ignoring what I say entirely and thinking whatever the fuck he likes to believe.

I'm not religious, this is even more reason for him to consider what I have said. Even if people aren't in the churches, religion still has its place, and unless we regress and tear down what religion has built we will forever fulfill the prophecy that the religion has created. As such, whats done is done, and without a complete and total genocide and a new beginning, religion will forever guide our decisions.

Back