sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Faberge Egg? Where's the glass box to put it in? LOL J/K looks real good!

haha i didnt mean to make it look good! that was an accident. its a track car for god's sake!

What shifter is that? I want that, so close to the steering wheel. :)

Also, are you running an oil cooler with that filter relocation setup?

Last edited:
What shifter is that? I want that, so close to the steering wheel. :)

Also, are you running an oil cooler with that filter relocation setup?
its the fastline shifter from heel toe automotive.

no oil cooler. i figure that just being NA, the oil wont get super hot. if i was turbo or even running the supercharger id do an oil cooler but it may be a bit overkill.

I have an oil cooler and still have oil temp issues. I'm going to switch to a 50w race oil to see if that helps. I see 300 degrees (pegged auto meter guage) at the pan after a 20 minute session.

wow. this is what id like to do when i get some cash saved up. cant wait. good luck with your build.

Looking at the car now and remembering the pile you started out with amazes me. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we did not see this coming. And also when I say we can't wait to see this thing in action on the track. :thumbsup:

Looking at the car now and remembering the pile you started out with amazes me. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we did not see this coming. And also when I say we can't wait to see this thing in action on the track. :thumbsup:

haha dont act like you didnt expect it:ph34r:

from sept 2009:
My gawd that Fit is hot. Whos the guy that took the pics. Those were amazing. If you did that with a Fit, I cant wait to see where this CRX will go.

I have an oil cooler and still have oil temp issues. I'm going to switch to a 50w race oil to see if that helps. I see 300 degrees (pegged auto meter guage) at the pan after a 20 minute session.

what do you run now? i was going to run 5w30 in it. also, did you upgrade your thermostat?

I had high hopes that's for sure. But you've still exceeded my expectations (Other than one nagging detail :ph34r:.)

what do you run now? i was going to run 5w30 in it. also, did you upgrade your thermostat?
Yes, I run 5w30 now. I have no thermostat in the car. Coolant temps are just fine; its the oil temps that skyrocket.

haha i didnt mean to make it look good! that was an accident. its a track car for god's sake!

Yes...I can see it now....after a few trips to the track....I'll be asking you why you didn't just put it in the glass box lmao

So when do you see it firing up?

Have you thought about doing the engine harness yourself? You can dew it!

You called my bluff. There really are two nagging details.
so what is it? i've looked over the pics and cant find anything that bugs me really, other than the white bay.. and it doesnt really bug me all that much..

Yes...I can see it now....after a few trips to the track....I'll be asking you why you didn't just put it in the glass box lmao

So when do you see it firing up?

Have you thought about doing the engine harness yourself? You can dew it!

yea ill probably do the engine harness by myself. fuck rywire. bunch of pretentious assholes that dont know how to run a real business.

and about the glass case. plenty of time to put it in a museum when i retire it or when i sell it to some doucher that likes show cars and not race cars:D

Back