Thinking about ditching the genesis...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

roll it down the driveway and coast that bitch all the way to work just off the momentum
∞ mpg

What about an E60 550i. You can get them with a 6 speed. Super roomy and classy ride, plus the motor sounds amazing.

a buddy of mine had a 70 coupe deville, his license plate said "11mpg"
he states that was the best gas mileage he ever saw out of it, with a lot of downhill coasting. lol.

i like the 550i.

You need a 74 coupe deville.

With leather on the seat...

and wood on the wheel.

yeah, they bumped the power a lot. and i'm sure I could get the best trade in at Hyundai themselves.

I have about a 4k upside on loan to value of kbb trade in, so there's some wiggle room.

The smart money says keep it and repair it.
the lazy ass and scared to go boom ass in side me says ditch it and restart another round of 5 years of loan payments.

Be American and start the loan over. The more debt:income you have, the more programs you quality for like home refii, skipping payments, free food stamps.

i just re-fi'ed :X
So, how bout that new car?
used-car-salesman.jpg

I threw out the is350 because the auto transmission is fail. It's the only transmission in its class that won't let you leave it in a set gear. At least the first gen is350. Hold it in 2nd gear, back off the throttle some and... It shifts...

BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Acura, all let you run any gear to redline no matter what load.

Lexus... Nope.

The one I'm driving lets you hit rev limit. I haven't had it switch gears on its own. Even my IS300 lets you run up and won't shift until you press the button/paddle.

The one I'm driving lets you hit rev limit. I haven't had it switch gears on its own. Even my IS300 lets you run up and won't shift until you press the button/paddle.

That's not the problem. The problem is when you put it in a gear and are expecting a hill or upcoming turn and back off of the throttle... I was driving down a highway about to hit a slight hill, had the car manual mode and the fucker shifted as I let off the throttle.

Sales person said it was a safety feature so you don't hurt the tranmission by leaving it in gear for too long lol.

Right after that I went to the BMW dealership and while test driving a new 3 series told them abut the Lexus the sales guy there said, dah fawk?

Mazdas are doing this too.

Automatics will never be appropriate. It's all lowest common denominator crap.

But do tell me about that new 3 .. :)

That's not the problem. The problem is when you put it in a gear and are expecting a hill or upcoming turn and back off of the throttle... I was driving down a highway about to hit a slight hill, had the car manual mode and the fucker shifted as I let off the throttle.

Sales person said it was a safety feature so you don't hurt the tranmission by leaving it in gear for too long lol.

Right after that I went to the BMW dealership and while test driving a new 3 series told them abut the Lexus the sales guy there said, dah fawk?

Huh, I haven't noticed it but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I don't ride around a lot with it in manual mode. I tell you what though, for the power it has available it sure does get amazing gas mileage if you want it to.

yeah, they bumped the power a lot. and i'm sure I could get the best trade in at Hyundai themselves.

I have about a 4k upside on loan to value of kbb trade in, so there's some wiggle room.

The smart money says keep it and repair it.
the lazy ass and scared to go boom ass in side me says ditch it and restart another round of 5 years of loan payments.

If you're gonna do that you may as well start leasing. Mileage doesn't seem to be an issue, and you'd never have to worry about repairs, which seems to be a concern. If you're gonna make payments forever may as well make lower payments.

yeah, i'm not a fan of leasing. I know i could probably save some money that way, but i don't like being ditcated how long i have to keep something for.

If you're gonna do that you may as well start leasing. Mileage doesn't seem to be an issue, and you'd never have to worry about repairs, which seems to be a concern. If you're gonna make payments forever may as well make lower payments.

This is true.

yeah, i'm not a fan of leasing. I know i could probably save some money that way, but i don't like being ditcated how long i have to keep something for.

Given the rate at which you swap cars, I don't think a string of 3 year leases (pretty common) would hurt you.

Well, this is also only the 2nd car i've ever bought new. (sti, genesis). everything else was a used vehicle.

A lease is a losing proposition. There is math involved, and the "buyer" doesnt make out at the end of the formula.

It's basically taking the downpayment and moving it to the end of the loan.. Basically. But between then and that there is a thin film of lube applied to your rectal walls before they shove a chair up it.

Moreso. The nice thing about a lease is that you can calculate cost per mile up front, and it will immediately also declare the devaluation of the car, down to the famous "off the lot" loss of money. When you see it spread out before you, you'll know why it's a sucker's bet. The limited yearly mileage is also decided by these calculations. And when you exceed these things, you'll REALLY see how little lube they use.

Back