This doesnt sound like a very good idea..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ford is doing the same thing.

I'm sure they can afford it though; because we're paying for it(erhm, bail out). I don't know the stipulations of their bailout contract but I'm sure it was only to "make sales" or get the cars off the lot.

this will only attract people who fear that theyll lose their job soon, and if they do, its just gonna cost them MORE money.

isnt this how all the problems started?
banks giving money to people who cant afford it?

hunadi started it. gm/etc copied it. what else is new...

I dont know when Hyundai started doing it for theirs but Suzuki has been doing it on their motorcycles for a while now

Rick Wagoner who stepped down Monday at the government's request as the Detroit auto maker seeks more federal aid.

Fuck the government and it's influence on what should be a free market. GM needs to fail. Some new entrepreneur can come take their place, and hopefully learn from the other's mistakes through history.

Fuck the government and it's influence on what should be a free market. GM needs to fail. Some new entrepreneur can come take their place, and hopefully learn from the other's mistakes through history.

I agree with the leaving free market alone thing but if GM failed that'd be a shit load of jobs lost overnight. I think thats what theyre trying to avoid. Though not impossible "some new entrpreneur" would have one hell of a time replacing a company like GM.

I agree with the leaving free market alone thing but if GM failed that'd be a shit load of jobs lost overnight. I think thats what theyre trying to avoid. Though not impossible "some new entrpreneur" would have one hell of a time replacing a company like GM.

A slow bleed and giving folks false hope is no better. At least if they where allowed to file, restructure and renegotiate like any other company we may not be as bad off as we are. But instead we have a administration that enjoys kicking a CEO out and instigating lynch mobs because some poor fucks got bonuses that where IN A CONTRACT, oh and not only where they stipulated in a contract Congress made sure the clauses stayed. But who cares about the law right? We just need to make these damn rich people hurt like we are hurting right!!?!?!?! Yeah.....

Back