to rex or not to rex...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackdahlia6

my buddies brother recently got an 87 honda crx si and did a little bit of touch up on it and got a new dohc d16a1 zc engine almost put in. he needs shift linkage and the wiring.

its decent red paint, no pealing clear coat and hes done some minor work like repainting the old faded plastic pieces, taking down the headliner to make sure a lot of small stuff was straight on it basically.

its got every part to it and the original wheels. the paint is good and it has no peeling of clear coat on it, just some small scratches/chips on the left rear quarter panel. its a damn 87...of course it will

so hes selling it for 1000 because he just doesnt want to finish it. its probably got 15 hours of labor left on it to put it all together clean and right, and about 200 bucks worth of stuff needed to be up and runing and ready to driven daily.

i just went over there and talked to him about it and looked at it really good, but im wondering if i should. i really wanted a second gen but cmon, 87 is classic honda back in the hay day i feel some love for it even though its not a second gen

any input at all that might sway my mind towards buying it, i told him id rather buy it up in running and put all back together which he said would be in 2 months so i guess i have that amount of time to find out if i want it

SPEAK UP, sorry for the novel, im tired and i may have run on sentances to the max

eh i dunno 1k is an ok deal..hows the rsut on it??
im not to partial on the 1st gens either..id prefer a 2nd gen..

i looked in the wheel wells and under the car the best i could and i honestly saw nothing, but it was in a dark garage where i could barely squeeze my way back to see the rear of the car.

he said it had a new clutch, plugs, wires, belts and a bunch of stuff, maybe i could flip it once its all said and done? its got the black top zc so maybe i can buy for 1000 and flip for 2000? and get a second gen. my goal for now is a turbo gsr oem second gen i can whoop on z28 camaros all over the place down here, so maybe thats what ill do...but i still need advice before i even look interested in the car in front of the guy

If it's clean and no problems, take it. You can finish the motor stuff up and give it a good detail. It will be worth millions in a few years.

I honestly don't think you'll be able to get 2g out of a 1st gen, but you can try. I'd try to talk him down... Why exactly isn't it running?

from my understanding he needs a few more parts from an 87 integra. a couple misc parts, and the wiring

if i wouldnt be able to flip it for a gain on a thousand im not going to go through the trouble

I wouldn't do it, just because I see ews on cl all the time, I see the ad: CRX Si!!! $1200 and think holy shit, click on it, and find out it's an ew, and immediately click the back button. There was one going for 1100 ob, it was an si with a fresh clutch, and no body flaws at all. was on cl for a month or two, dunno what happened to it. I think you'd be really hard pressed to make any money on the deal. Personal use is all you'd get.

well i got in touch with a guy ive been meaning to meet with for a while who buys and sells crx's

hes had 50 within the past year and owns 7 now. one of which is a b20 rhd with a sick wire tuck

i can honestly say if money keeps comming in, hondaswap will have a 90-91 b16a1 rex floating around within 4 months

and thats no guesstimation

who knows, if money STILL keeps comming in, a gsr swap may be in order

those z28's need a spanking for all that shit talking

hey i got an 86 si with an ls and the fucker is quick if you have the time and $$$ id do it these cars are great sleepers

Back