Getting my first rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks byron, I'll check that out next time I'm home. It just got a hell of a lot harder to work on it. I just moved up to Kent. I'm practically your neighbor now.

Thanks byron, I'll check that out next time I'm home. It just got a hell of a lot harder to work on it. I just moved up to Kent. I'm practically your neighbor now.

If you ever need help let me know. :thumbsup:
Is that ground run to the frame rail then?

it should be
Yep it is, when you think about it your motor is isolated by rubber, you have a positive going to the starter, without a good ground you dont have a complete circuit.

Ok, I know that the start is body ground, I just didn't know if you found somewhere to ground it to on the firewall. Since there's no such thing as a rubber mounted body, they'd be the same.

The one I made goes from a bolt that holds the T bracket to the tranny to a bolt that holds the rear mount to the rear crossmember.

if you feel or look along the frame rail there are bolt holes.
the regular honda bolt will fit it. thats where the stock ground wire goes.

i circled whereabouts it usually is.
attachment.php

thats where i would put it, a decent 12 or 14 gauge wire would be sufficient. but, also, you need to put a ground wire from the valve cover to the part right above the headlight.
best way to ensure a good ground is to take a bit of sandpaper and and remove just a little bit of paint from around the bolt hole.

Attachments

• l_81406ce3e1c51e83083175dc3112c23c.jpg
    l_81406ce3e1c51e83083175dc3112c23c.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 238
<-has been running without the VC ground for 2 years.

they dont just throw random ground wires on the car, theres a ton of research and development that show them the best place to put one.

i would trust honda more than a street kid.

im assuming its something that goes with basic concepts.
electricity follows the path of least resistance.
also, you are supposed to have a 50:50 ratio of power vs ground to run efficiently, too much power and not enough wire for the power to flow to the ground results in a slower power flow.

the spark plugs are grounded by the head, which is directly bolted to the valve cover.

say you have a lot of things that are grounded by the engine, but only one wire grounding the engine. more power coming in than can get out.

but im no engineer. thats just my assumption.

Onto page 8! I got offered a trade today for a slightly riced out ef hatch, but it's really nice. The kid painted it, and it's a burnt orange color, has some 16? inch rims, pretty ricey, but they have performance nitto's on them, so there's that. Has a racing driver's seat, and factory evertyhing else, so scruff mcgruff hasn't been near this one. Pretty clean interior, but there is a mileage discrepency, so he doesn't know what it was before. Comes with a set of subs that I can sell, and it doesn't have gills. I'll have to check it out, but I'm seriously considering it.

Here's the CL ad

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/1359606320.html

Last edited:
meh, looks like shit to me.

are both yours and his dual point injection?

those wheels and front bumper are shitty.

Well it exploded when came in contact with a racoon. The rims are pretty :ghey: but they've got nice tires on them, and I honestly think its a decent trade. Forgot to look to see what his injection was, but I just sold him a mugen front bumper because someone (on here) sold me his, and then told me it was off a hatch. So he's gonna paint it and put it on. He wants my damn fenders too, so I think I'm just gonna get the rex fixed and trade him. that way I won't have gills, or a mismatched horribly painted car.

Back