Getting my first rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its easy, it sprays sand.
point it at anything but your hand.
wear gloves.
have fun.

its pretty entertaining.

I can't give my hand that brand new metal look? I wonder why honda never even painted the thing, I mean, its really chincey anyway, why not at least let the paint hold it together a bit?

also, if you think that little weld needs a little reinforcing, i would.

i broke two pedal assemblies in my car, and both were right there.

i replaced it when the first one broke. (hence my hatred for them)

when the second one broke, i parted the car out.

Nice, remember when i got my first like 10 yrs ago lol, but its gonna be fun.

well mine broke on the brace on clutch side. the one in the 4th picture. I don't know how I can resupport it without tacking another rod in between there.

Well, its been a while since I updated, and unfortunately, nothing much has changed. Got the pedal assembly swapped out, it was a pretty big pain in the ass, but we got it started, I asked my dad to adjust the clutch down while the hood was open and he was up there, so I shut it off, went to start it again, and nothing. It seems theres a short somewhere, I took the starter in to get it tested, and it was fine. In the process of putting it back in, I crossthreadded the god damn block, so my dad has a couple tricks he's gonna try. He works like molassas, but I understand why. He has back problems, and I know I couldn't do it with out him. he's been working on things for 45 years now.

It seems like it's getting full power, but nothing goes to the starter, and I'm starting to wonder if it's in the ignition, because the CEL flickers and buzzes when I try to start it. I know everything went back together right because it was running. it started a few times, then nothing. good battery, so ignition is really the only thing I can think of. Any ideas? Should I move this to the tech area?

check your main relay..that sounds like its the problem

Thanks injen, you know, we pick on you a lot, but you're pretty cool. I appreciate the help, I'll rep you when im on a real computer.

So I checked it out today, and aparently there was a ground that they connected at the block to ground the starter. Aparently the engine isn't grounded for whatever reason, so they ran a ground from the body to connect where the starter meets the block instead of letting it body ground onto the block. There is a lot of electrical work ahead of me.

should just have the ground from the frame rail to the tranny..then the harness ground on the thermostat..and then the valvecover ground

I'll check the thermostat, but I'm assuming the tranny isn't ground. the vc is ground to the core support. I'd guess if the tranny were ground to the frame rail,then it would in turn ground the block too. the problem is the starter isn't getting the body ground, so they had to run another ground to it. I'll check it all out. thanks for the info injen.

if the starter isnt getting a grounf then theres def. a problem somewhere..
i can almost bet its a bad trans ground..which is the one that also runs the negative battery terminal

if the starter isnt getting a grounf then theres def. a problem somewhere..
i can almost bet its a bad trans ground..which is the one that also runs the negative battery terminal
Yeah, I definitely think thats it. They're grounding it out directly at the starter. It's a smaller gauge wire directly bolted onto the starter. I'll have to check out the connection between the tranny and the frame.

94civicturbo said:
wheres the honda yard at around there? i need to hit it up for my prelude
It's in NE Ohio, you're gonna drive all the way from Indiana?

well im really close to ohio anyway, where exactly is it? there may be one closer but idk for sure i gotta check it out some more

There needs to be a ground going from the motor to the body, i had the same problem with mine after id did my battery relocation and wire tuck.

l_81406ce3e1c51e83083175dc3112c23c.jpg

See the white wire on the trans mount, that was my, "well lets try this and see if it works" Ive since made another the same size as the ground coming off the battery.

Back