my new Daily Driver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mirage DE coupe + evo motor and FWD trans = less than 10K

there ya go. 276hp, 2300lb chassis, reliability and parts everywhere.

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo

If you can't afford to put miles on the M, buy a different car. You bought it to enjoy it. You enjoy it by driving it. I can understand a winter beater, but another car to keep miles off of your car is just silly.

Your car is not an investment. It will not increase in value. Its going to decrease every year until it is worthless. It will ultimately end up a $1500 car, just like every other 20 year old beemer out there. Just enjoy the damn thing. Bite the bullet on the high mileage crap, its not going to devalue the car THAT much.

If you can't afford to put miles on the M, buy a different car. You bought it to enjoy it. You enjoy it by driving it.

It's not about affording it... it's about not wanting to. I know what you're saying, and I agree.

But, this is mostly winter time and to work. My truck sucks ass. It's useful for the house, so i'm not getting rid of it, but driving it is not remotely fun.

I can understand a winter beater, but another car to keep miles off of your car is just silly.

i'll certainly still take it out now and again at night, to dinner, to wherever... i just don't want to take it to work anymore. It's getting wrecked from road debris on the highway, non-driving asshat truckers, and non-driving asshat asshats. :D

Your car is not an investment. It will not increase in value. Its going to decrease every year until it is worthless. It will ultimately end up a $1500 car, just like every other 20 year old beemer out there. Just enjoy the damn thing. Bite the bullet on the high mileage crap, its not going to devalue the car THAT much.

not the real issue here.

I like the car a lot but i'm not 100% sure i'm going to keep it forever. I'd like to keep it on the lower mileage side so i'm not upside down on it. Right now, i'm about even. If i continue to rack up high miles, it's going to flip flop, and then i'll be stuck with it no matter what (which isn't necessarily a bad thing... just an option).

So, it's cold here already. snow will be down in a month or so.
The m gets parked.
A- snow tires cost close to 2 grand. might as well just buy another car.
B- i don't want some sliding ice-hat to run into me (again). plus, all the salt and sand = rock chips, paint wear, etc etc. I'd like to keep the car as nice as possible.

So, that's where car #3 comes in. Something that will beat the truck in the winter, and still be useful to save a little gas and miles off the M.

102 mile round trip to work.

30 days a month - 6 for weekend = 24 days x 102 = 2448 a month.

and that's just work and back.....

(note, i bought the car used with 28k on it)

I thought you had a home office ??

Last edited:
I don't get it, you're going to buy whatever you want anyway. You're fighting E on his suggestions, so just get it. I'll laugh when he ends up saying i told you so.

B, if it was me, if I had to get a beater daily car that I wouldn't hate to drive. I'd get another civic coupe or hatch, swap a GSR motor in it, add wheels/all season tires and maybe some springs/struts.

shorty air intake and a STOCK exhaust.

Or.... I'd find a Teggy GSR with the leather and leave it 100% stock.

i posted several, but apparently he's seen them already and isnt interested.. pretty sure his mind is made up

I thought you had a home office ??
I haven't worked from home in over a year now....

Anyway, they guy didn't take my offer, so my mind is certainly not made up. He just wants more than i'm willing to spend right now for it... so the hunt is still on.

So here is a new twist.

Rally car. AKA, Winter toy. Salvage titled WRX or something.

ahh.. forgot about Audis .. not a Honda, got some class to it.. there ya go B.. definitely not a dog either, chip and be gone

Back