my new Daily Driver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Station wagon, slushbox, and a four door o_O

i get 46mpg highway with my rex. for $3k (decent body) and $2k to upgrade tires and engine if necessary...= $5kish you'll get great mileage but no real wow factor....unless you manage to turn a rex into a rally monster :)

eh i have no other suggestions. i'd go subaru myself. i like the outbacks. and i already have a rex but it isn't configured for it so it doesn't see minnesota winters. edit: i think clearance would be an issue too, depending on how much snow you see there.. :shrug2:

g'luck! :thumbsup:

A rex would be a good idea, it's just too bad finding a clean one is so hard. I'm looking for a cheap one myself, I'd like to turn one into a autocross whore.

but the only problem with that volvo..is you don't see to many with a lot of miles....140,000 average... while honda's and subarus can go past the 200,000 mile mark and still hold decent value.

hehe i dunno about value but i've got 255,000 on my rex, all stock. can't really pound on it though...which it sounds like B wants to do. so i'm guessing he'll nix an underpowered honda. he needs to buy justinsane's turbo rex. it's $7k

:drool:

all these swaps + suspension things = project car. I don't want / have time for that.

the volvo... ehh... my cousin's cought on fire randomly one day. I'm kinda not a fan of volovo's.... especially the XC. plus, slush box = failure.

i don't mind the wagon aspect. i'd rock a wagon.

Buy Katie's 88 LX sedan. New-ish engine, poly bushings about to go in, Pro-Kits, not beat to hell... $3000. ;)

no offence, but i'd never pay 3k for a car built in the 80's.

I don't think what you are looking for is out there. Cheap, fun to drive, good gas mileage and not beat to hell............ it does not exist. You're gonna have to settle.

Cheap = old (or beat to hell)
fun to drive = expensive or (beat to hell)
good gas mileage = not fun to drive
not beat to hell = not fun to drive

Although Civic's suck in the snow so that doesn't help you there...never driven one with studs on though so :dunno:
I have a 94' fodo for my winter ride, a pair of good snow tires and that thing goes any were you want it to in the snow. :dunno:

But my vote goes to a Subie, my parents had an 06' Legacy for a rental a while back and me and my friends romped on it one night I had it out, seemed pretty quick, and handled well. I know your ot looking for something that new but Im just putting in a good word for Subaru. ;)

Back