my new Daily Driver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So here is a new twist.

Rally car. AKA, Winter toy. Salvage titled WRX or something.
^ this is exactly where my mind was at. gets good mileage - handles great, fun to drive.

something that makes you want to park the M should be efficient, cost less to operate, fun to drive, and not give you an ulcer driving it in the winter surrounded by asshats.

the goal is saving the M for better days to drive it on. not to meet the M's quality/performance. it's pretty well established you're going to fail if that's your criteria. you'll just end up with two Ms instead of one :D

B already had an sti....i mean...why go down a step? im not saying the wrx is not better than my jetta idea...but just thinking about what response that is going to garner.

i was more agreeing with 'rally car' than anything else... :shrug2:

wrx gets pig gas mileage. Unless you baby the shit out of it.

24 mpg city, 30 highway is what i see on the intardnet. i guess if that's babied... whatever. i think B needs to get his ass out and test drive some stuff, then come back and give us report cards.

So here is a new twist.

getting a salvaged car on the road here is a near impossible task. totally not worth the effort.

ahh.. forgot about Audis .. not a Honda, got some class to it.. there ya go B.. definitely not a dog either, chip and be gone

i've looked at some a4s, but they are mostly too much money.

yea.. like he'll drive a Jetta
still a bitch car.. :ph34r:
yeah, pretty much all set with anything vw.

24 mpg city, 30 highway is what i see on the intardnet. i guess if that's babied... whatever. i think B needs to get his ass out and test drive some stuff, then come back and give us report cards.

lol

wrx's suck ass.

i got like 12 mpg out of my sti.

yet another thread that ends up the same as all the other "I want a car, but I don't want a car" by B.

17 pages max....:ph34r:

and I'm going to type the same damn thing...

96-present legacy or outback.....

reliable, decent MPG, fun in snow, can haul some decent loads, and nobody will steal it.

they don't get good mileage though.. that's the problem with them. 22/25 doesn't help me. i get that in the m

ok so...

a) better than 22-25mpg
b) fun to drive
c) under $10k.
d) no VW
e) no Hondas
f) no Subarus
g) ....

he did that...too....

I think there is enough of us who have literally owned almost every car out there...nothing makes us happy....and we should start a website about it... ping...

ok so...

a) better than 22-25mpg
b) fun to drive
c) under $10k.
d) no VW
e) no Hondas
f) no Subarus
g) ....

He should pimp an old Yugo...:D

Yugo_Ad.jpg

So here is a new twist.

getting a salvaged car on the road here is a near impossible task. totally not worth the effort.

You'd think so, but in the past three years my boss has registered 3 salvage vehicles. A 99 Conversion van, BMW K75, and a BMW R1100S

Your allowed to register 2 salvage vehicles a year.

The only stipulation to getting a salvage vehicle registered is it has to pass inspections.

Why not something like a 240sx?
had one. sold it in under 8 months.

it was fun for a while... but it outright sucked stock. and i'm not looking for a project car... i'm looking for a driver.

not to mention, its worthless in the snow.... and i had studded snow tires on it.

ok so...

a) better than 22-25mpg
b) fun to drive
c) under $10k.
d) no VW
e) no Hondas
f) no Subarus
g) ....

c, i would drop to under 7. I'd like to spend 5 to be honest.
d, yeah... i'm straight with vw.
e, i wouldn't rule them out... they just are all beat to shit, projects, riced out, or too much money

The only stipulation to getting a salvage vehicle registered is it has to pass inspections.

and that's just it.
a stolen recovery rebuild would probably be ok.

but an accident car... who knows if the work done was done right.

if i buy X car, and it fails inspection, now what? i'm stuck with a 'garage weight'.

we prefer to call them "Garage Queens"

Get an EG coupe, swap in a gsr interior, do similar suspension mods as me, put some noise insulation in the doors and trunk, and you'll have a daily that gets good gas mileage, handles well, and is fairly quiet going down the road. Although Civic's suck in the snow so that doesn't help you there...never driven one with studs on though so :dunno:

Back