Should the US take lessons from Israel?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So I'm sure most have heard about the israeli soldiers getting kidnapped and israels retaliation strikes
top of the news this morning was israels air strike on beiruit's intl airport...

on one hand i don't think these strikes are going to accomplish anything for them... but i cant help but thinking "these people fucked with the wrong country"
ie: fuck with israel and we're gonna blow shit up...

so should the US start doing the same?
we have soldiers kidnapped and basically just send out search parties to no avail

i also don't understand why there aren't 10 satelite over iraq capturing images so if something does happen we can go back, see who did it, then track them to their current location and blow them the fuck up...

discuss

If we weren't allies with Israel, they probably would have bombed us by now.
Really, they are just as bad as terrorists, but they don't do it for religious reasons (well, most the time).

As for the satalites, you need to learn about orbits :)

US Involvment in Muslim conflict is a geopolitical thing. For the Israelis this is a religious thing. Totally different viewpoints.

The US war is so hard to fight because a religion has declared war on us - not a country. It's going to take time before we can fight back to a religion, based on our religious tolerance in law and culture.

Part of me has always thought that we don't belong in the middle east, but for way different reasons then most. I feel that Israel does a great job with their handling of the recent events.

For the nay sayers I will remind you that a state backed terrorist group in Lebanon invaded Israel, I N V A D E D another country.

How do you think the US would have reacted in the 60's if we were the size of California and were surrounded by the Soviet Union?

pissedoffsol said:
If we weren't allies with Israel, they probably would have bombed us by now.
Really, they are just as bad as terrorists, but they don't do it for religious reasons (well, most the time).

As for the satalites, you need to learn about orbits :)

B, do you think we dont have satellites over iraq, afghanistan, iran, saudi arabia and most likely israel. Ever heard of a geo-sync orbit. It means that the orbit of the satellite and the rotation of the earth match each other, so to a ground observer it would appear to be standing still.

Celerity said:
US Involvment in Muslim conflict is a geopolitical thing. For the Israelis this is a religious thing. Totally different viewpoints.

The US war is so hard to fight because a religion has declared war on us - not a country. It's going to take time before we can fight back to a religion, based on our religious tolerance in law and culture.

I say we send our religious nuts (and we have a lot of them) to go fight their religious nuts and broadcast the whole thing live on TV. Prime time.

Evangelical Christian wackos versus the Muslim Jihadists. We'll make a killing! Literally!

Helps to eradicate religious intolerance both here and abroad.

Also Cel, you got it wrong again. It's not a religion that has declared war on us, moreso a group of people that use religion to control their followers that has declared war on us. Much like Christians here use their religion to sway their followers to do certain things, they also do the same.

Religion in itself is just about useless these days. All it does is causes trouble.

The last thing Israel needs to be doing is pissing more people off.. They have 986859876 guns/missiles pointed at them as is.

phyregod said:
The last thing Israel needs to be doing is pissing more people off.. They have 986859876 guns/missiles pointed at them as is.

And given their size, it would take... what, one nuke to write them off for the rest of time?

And yes, they are as bad as the terrorists.

News reports are showing that Israel has hit hundreds of targets in Lebanon in order to get those two soldiers released.

Our soldiers are kidnapped, beheaded, tortured, you name it... and we don't do much at all. Two Israeli soldiers are held alive and Israel blows up half a fuckin' country. What's more, even after all these attacks, these soldiers aren't being returned. It makes me wonder... there's something that Israel and its allies aren't saying about these two soldiers. Perhaps they either know or are carrying something that could be of some sort of "importance".

oh, and did you catch this line?

GWB said:
US President George Bush described Hezbollah as a "group of terrorists who want to stop the advance of peace".
Speaking in Germany, he said Israel had the right to defend itself, but its action should not weaken the Lebanese government.

i mean, for real?

I can disagree with sabs on a fwe points, but the idea that Israel is not to be messed with - and that the US could take a play from this book - I agree with.

Islam DID declare war on not just the US, but on all Infidels. They did it back in the 60s, they continue today. The religion is lashing out, and the peaceful Islamists are far outweighed by the violent ones. FAR. Whereas violent and militant christians (of which you believe rule this country) are few and far between. (Yeah, all sorts of people are of the "lets kick some towel head ass" persuasion, but few actually pick up a weapon to do the deed. VERY few)

The differences between a geo-political war and a religious one is contrasted well in this. Israel has almost 100% support of kicking muzzy ass from it's people. They aren't concerned with rebuilding, peacemaking and politics. For them it's "The way it has to be".

As far as Israel being terrorist, again you're wrong. Yes, our perspective is very anti-israeli (They just continue to lob bombs into Palestine without reason or justification). Not true. Every attack to Palestine has been a match to an attack from Palestine. I'll get those figures if you want.

CNN.com - Bush concerned by Russia freedoms - Jul 13, 2006

Now we're telling russia what to do??? OMFG.

Hey, lets start the cold war back up, that was too fun last time! Russia, if anyone, needs to be on our side. They have the other half of the nukes. If korea decides to go apeshit on us, and we wipe korea.. and China decides to step in, We are going to NEED Russia.

Wow, WWIII imminent.

P.S. Israel's F-16's are teh hotness.
top.israel.jet.gi.jpg

Last edited:
there's something that Israel and its allies aren't saying about these two soldiers. Perhaps they either know or are carrying something that could be of some sort of "importance".
i don't think there is anything special about these soldiers or the other one that was kidnapped...
israel has mandatory military service... which would account for one factor...
if israelis see the israeli army not taking extreme measures to get their soldiers back they may lose support and they also need to maintain an image of a middle eastern power not to be fucked with...

As far as Israel being terrorist, again you're wrong. Yes, our perspective is very anti-israeli (They just continue to lob bombs into Palestine without reason or justification). Not true. Every attack to Palestine has been a match to an attack from Palestine. I'll get those figures if you want.
this is a touchy subject for me...
i think the creation of the "state of israel" was a complete fuck up from the beginning and its what caused most of the problems we see today
so i agree with the view of israel being on the "terrorist" side of the spectrum...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Rockets fired from Lebanon hit a group of journalists in the northern town of Nahariya, Israel, injuring at least one, The Associated Press reports.

Two rockets fired from Lebanon hit the northern Israeli port city of Haifa, the Israel Defense Forces said.
oh this is gonna get good

Last edited:
phyregod said:

ROFL!

"I think your vice president's expression there is like his bad shot on his hunting trip," Putin told NBC, alluding to Cheney's accidental shooting of his friend, Harry Whittington, during a hunting trip in February.
"It was pretty clever," said Bush, who is due to meet Putin Saturday. "It was quite humorous, not to diss my friend the vice president."

Putin: 1
Cheney: 0

lol

Wow, WWIII imminent.

yup. which is exaclty why i don't want to have kids. Don't want them to go through that shit.

Also, not that any one here has said this (I got in this conversation today with this cute little liberal) Israel did NOT "attack" Lebanon. They calculated a missile strike at a safe house in which held prisoners, or those linked to their prisoners. The attacks were not against Lebanese security...

... Until Lebanese security forces tossed those 2 missiles back. Now it's a war.

We attack prisoner-holding strongholds all the time, and we do it with air support. What Israel did is within conventions, and they have the technology to surgically strike targets of opportunity.

Israel doesn't take shit from terrorists - they've been down that road for too long. They realise the only success they've had is by keeping their pimp hand strong.

And the US DID learn from this. This is why when we got our first US Soil terrorist attack (9.11 if you need reminded) we behaved in the same way. We showed them that we don't take shit from no one. In fact, we conquered the countries that not only launched the terrorist cell, but those that aided them as well (I'll kill you and everyone you know)

Terrorist ultimatum? You bet. it's the only thing they are known to respond to (Observe the Iran prisoner events when Reagan was being sworn in.. He threatened to completely obliterate Iranian terrorities for these few hostages.)

-> S

Back