Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just sent the tranny off to my buddy at Acura to open it up.
There's a good chance the trans differential may be damaged although the clutch still looks practically new (?)

when you put both half shaft and axle in one one will spin instead of both turning.
we shall see what he says. :(

hey taco... if its a factory lsd... and you spin it from the tire side, it will act as an open differential... thats why they arent that great when using them in competition races, when you lift a tire under power... it will act as an open differential...

They aren't drilled for it. You have to drill them yourself or buy them pre-drilled (wickedfuckinexpensive). I have never heard of anyone safety wiring flywheel bolts for a street application. Loctite is sufficient.

airjockie :)

I do it now too. I was going to start doing it to the Acura because the wheels Turbomirage sold me simply tosses any nut I put on it off into the shoulder.

yep....diff is busted in 2 pieces :(
any thoughts?
- buy an LS and take that diff
- buy another B16 non LSD (350)
- buy aftermarket diff.

I don't care about the LSD anymore it's just the principle of the matter. I spent $450 and drove and total of 6 hours for this damn thing.

wow :(

can you get away with aftermarket for near the same price? I know my kaaz 2-way cost me $650 shipped...

its pretty much a loss. Im thinking of just buying an LS for $100 and using that diff.
i've over spent on the CRX as it is and just need to get it running. :(

I cant sink another 300 + on a transmission just to get it running. no big deal it's just frustrating to know I was so close and now have to back track.

I'll get some pics later when I get it dropped off but my next cheap question is.......
CAN you weld it back if it's broken in a solid spot?

funny story...
guy gets B16 tranny with Crx shell
guys sells tranny for 350
guys buys LSD tranny for 450
then finds out tranny is busted
guy then buys back OG tranny for 250
then buys B17 Diff for $50 for the busted tranny too.

so now I'm gonna have 2 B16 trans and hope to sell one of them for 350 unless I need it for parts.

the bright side is the CRX will be driving and registered next week. :)

Nice to see you'll have two transmissions and almost on the road.

nahh..
well the car runs and drives although I still have code IAT,CPS, and some other one.
the car will not rev past 3k and if I remember correctly that's a simple fix......
I've checked the wires and this sensors are fine and connected in the right spots.

any ideas?

nahh..
well the car runs and drives although I still have code IAT,CPS, and some other one.
the car will not rev past 3k and if I remember correctly that's a simple fix......
I've checked the wires and this sensors are fine and connected in the right spots.

any ideas?

Sounds like it's in Limp Mode.

Not sur but I thInk tha crank position sensor will cause limP mode.

Back