Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here's where I need advice.
For those of you who know where to look please take a look at the pics below to make sure the connections are in line
Since they all fit perfect and the harness was pretty spot on position I assume it correct.
IMG_20110412_203257.jpg

IMG_20110412_202953.jpg

1 wire vtec is what I think is hanging. i know 2 of the wires would go to the starter and ground.
Does the hydro tranny have plugs that would not be used in this application?
IMG_20110412_202101_1.jpg

IMG_20110412_202101.jpg

IMG_20110412_202049.jpg

These are the plugs behind the the block without the manifold in place.
IMG_20110412_202039.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics. It was dark and all i had was my phone.

This biggest reason I'm doing this is because i want to use this harness.
Bakerboy's is nice and already has the length but it's been cut up a few times and i want to start from stratch....hence the soldering gun if needed.

I need the harness in order to make the following plugs work
- injector plugs
- dizzy

Alternator has already been swapped to OBD1 so I'll just change the plug over from the one i have.

Any thoughts as to problems I may face?

The dizzy and harness match. It would be the other end that would be tricky. The end that plugs into the fuse box and stuff with round plugs. I haven's look at it in depth but I was thinking of re-pinning the obd2 harness to mate to the car. (obd0 round yellow plugs)

This way all of the plugs match the motor. I'm still researching but so far the injectors and dizzy can be run by a P28, right?

any (chipped) OBD1 ecu will work. Don't waste your time looking for a p28 anymore.

If you don't plan on anything fancy (cams, FI, etc.) just use the ECU for your engine.

Last edited:
just fyi, my hydro b16 tranny has a reverse indicator on the front of the transmission o the bottom. i believe thats what the wire hanging down on top of the transmission is for. it looks to be the same plug.

Thanks Matt.

It looks like the wires would be the same. I guess I could simply cut the OBD1 harness plugs and put it on the OBD2

any (chipped) OBD1 ecu will work. Don't waste your time looking for a p28 anymore.

If you don't plan on anything fancy (cams, FI, etc.) just use the ECU for your engine.

Already have a phearable ECU from Bakerboy.

I will be putting some cams on this bishhhh.... BwahhhhhhhhhAGHHHHHHH!!!!

thanks man,

ever feel like you want to be at home working on your car instead of working?
I feel like that now.

Need to get that car running ASAP!

Just found the thread! Lookin good man. Sorry for the wiring messing with your head! :S

The ECU is chipped & tuned on CROME not Phearable. Right now it's set on a stock GSR map. Nothing special.

The harness works, any time I spliced (except for that Map/TPS junk. Don't remember what that was all about) it was soldered and heatshrinked, so don't worry about it failing. However, I would go through and re-do it like you are just for the peace of mind. That was my 3rd harness in the car. every engine swap I did I redid the wiring harness completely. lol

I'll try to check this thread more often now that I know where it is. I sure hope everything works out for you! I can't wait to see it /ride it/drive it! :D

And yeah btw, it's LOW on them Ksports. ;)

Just found the thread! Lookin good man. Sorry for the wiring messing with your head! :S

The ECU is chipped & tuned on CROME not Phearable. Right now it's set on a stock GSR map. Nothing special.

The harness works, any time I spliced (except for that Map/TPS junk. Don't remember what that was all about) it was soldered and heatshrinked, so don't worry about it failing. However, I would go through and re-do it like you are just for the peace of mind. That was my 3rd harness in the car. every engine swap I did I redid the wiring harness completely. lol

I'll try to check this thread more often now that I know where it is. I sure hope everything works out for you! I can't wait to see it /ride it/drive it! :D

And yeah btw, it's LOW on them Ksports. ;)

yay!

It's good to hear about the ECU bas map.
The harness you made was grat and after doing a little cleaning up i say all of the solder. Since some of the wires were too short for the way i wanted to run them I have decided last night to use the OBD2 harness instead.

UPDATE:
working on the rest today but after much thinking and looking and researching i decided to keep the obd2 harness the way it sits and simply disect it and re-route the wires.

After that they will end up with being re-routed to the obd0 plug the Andrew had.
Wait for pics tonight so you know what I mean. After much debate i finally figured out that's so easy and painless.

BTW andrew. HOW THE HECK DO I RAISE THE CAR!!!!!!

DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL WRENCH?

i might have the wrenches that work.. if he doesnt

thanks EG6sir. :)

well so far with my limited time I'm still tackling the "wire re-routing and re-pinning" trick.

Before I post up the pics let me say that the goal is to re-route for a more cleaner look for wire tucking...duhhhh and most importantly to maintain and preserve as much of the original harness itself. MINIMAL soldering and cutting is the key here.

First i spend 2 days looking up sensor wire colors and pictures. After a few sites and multiple mock ups in the engine bay I was ready to label and dissect. :)

here's the harness.
very neat an organized. Not greasy, falling part or anything.
All of the connections were perfect and hell....just using this harness and rountung the ends to each side of the bay would have worked too. butttt not for me. :)
IMG_20110405_200714.jpg

This is the middle of the harness. VTEC,pressure switch,fan switch and a few other wires are al together.
IMG_20110418_214650.jpg

Alternator side. As you can see I labeled the colors in which i have to match up with Andrew's harness. The plug has to be changed too since the alternator is already obd1
IMG_20110418_214707.jpg

can never be too careful.. I labeled the wires and plugs :)
IMG_20110418_204621.jpg

With the IM off I plugged the injector wires and IAT while. you can see the IAT wires labeled. the power wires in yllw/blk and signal wires in seperate colors
IMG_20110418_205024.jpg

Funny how this one wire controls ALOT of important sensors.
It controls the IAT, O2 sensor, Map sensor (i think), and a few others. it's one wire that branches off many times.
IMG_20110418_210237.jpg

This is after taking all the tape and loom to move the wires all over to the driver's side.
IMG_20110418_214715.jpg

this was before...on the alternator side. Only wires i had to cut were 2 alternator wires. everything else was long enough to move over.
IMG_20110418_204458.jpg

Last edited:
one of the plugs that needs to be merged with Andrew's plugs. I'm not cutting any of them until I have a semi-organized harness and will intall it to check length.
IMG_20110418_214829.jpg

IMG_20110418_214800.jpg

IMG_20110418_214737.jpg

I suck at remembering things. I'm the type who just doesn't get it until I see it and mess with it MANY times. :lol: some of you guys' may have done this in one day.

I don't have much time to my car so the constant pauses and days off really made it hard for me to see exactly what i was trying to accomplish and how to do it.
so far I'm on a roll!

I have learned that's it's not hard, just tedious as hell. labeling everything is key.
I'm confident that once I start cutting and soldering I will have no problem identifying any wire and where it goes.

well at least that's the plan. :)

I should have the braided loom i ordered from my friends audion shop. wayyyyy cleaner.
the goal is hide everything behind the motor and run 2 braided looms through the original grommet.

look at the covered hole on the left hand side. I'll get a new grommet and run the looms through there.

IMG_20110412_202953.jpg

Back