Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LMK if you run into problems. I can pull engine harness drawings and find out for sure.

thanks man. I'll be sure to hit you up.

I hope to get the wiring done this week and concentrate on getting the rest of the motor together. :)

Is soldering the wires really a good idea? I hear the solder can break over time with heat/wear, etc. I always just used crimp connectors on my harness (even though not as pretty)

Is soldering the wires really a good idea? I hear the solder can break over time with heat/wear, etc. I always just used crimp connectors on my harness (even though not as pretty)

ive always been told soldering is best. i solder/shrink tube everything in my car, and i havent had a problem with any of my solders breaking.

I've had bad experience with butt connectors under the hood mostly because if you you don't crimp them right (cut wire) it's difficult to tell which one is messed up.

I like soldering because this way I can twist the wires together and melt them together. :p

plus, if your engine bay gets hot enough to melt solder.......DAMN something is overheating badly :lol:

Well, per military specs, the best way to join two wires is to lap solder them edge to edge, not twist them together.

Well, per military specs, the best way to join two wires is to lap solder them edge to edge, not twist them together.

hmm that's odd. What I do is cut the wires far back enough and make 2 strands per wires.
then take the 2 "V's", loosely twist them together like scissor sex :)lol:) enough to touch but loose enough for the solder the melt right through and make it one solid connection.

Got my wire loom last night.
1/2 inch so it looks like I will have 2 strands of wires coming from behind the block and into the firewall. MUCH better look than regular loom. can't wait to wire the motor up this week.

OK.
first I ran into a snag and cannot find an answer.
On a JDM B18C type R.
What is this plug on the head?
EDIT: if i'm not mistaken isn't this the coolant temo sensor?
Vtec pressure Switch is the 2 wire plug under the Vtec solenoid right?
IMG_20110424_205903.jpg

Also Andrew can you tell me what thse wires were for? Were these vtec solenoid from harness?
the oem color is below.
IMG_20110424_205733.jpg

Last edited:
I also know the fan switch is on the right. But i cannot find this other plug anywhere on the motor.
EDIT: i thinks it's the electronic speed sensor
Andrews harness didn't have it either. hmmm
IMG_20110423_193333.jpg

Last edited:
No w for the good news. I've got it almost complete after many test fits and cutting/soldering.
IMG_20110424_205834.jpg

-Yellow single wire is temp sensor for gauge
-Two wire plug (red and green wires) is temp sensor for ECU
-Last single plug is for VTEC solenoid

Are you not using the VTEC pressure switch?

IMG_20110424_205903.jpg

-Two wires taped together is reverse lights for trans
-The crimped loop hole should be ground
-Red/Yellow wire is oil pressure on block I believe

IMG_20110424_205733.jpg

Yeah thats the VSS. Delete it, your car or ECU won't look for it.

IMG_20110423_193333.jpg

I'm getting burnt out.......f- this custom hiding shit. :angry:

Takes lots of patience. It took me two tries to get my harness right.

thanks man. yeah i guess I dont use the VTPS since it's a JDM motor.

I read that the wires coming from the plug would have to 1) be gounded 2) pinned into the ecu or something. I read it last night.

I'm just getting so close yet so frustrated that something may not work.
If it doesn't.....I am f-ed

Not because its a JDM motor, but because in our EF's we use cable driven spedos. If you had an EG or anything OBD1 then it would use that but you wont. Theres no where for it to go, delete it.

Feel free to ask more. :)

He's correct on those wires.

I have the coilover wrench somewhere. actually, did you check the glovebox?

wait so if those are the reverse wires thennnnn

WTH did I wire the reverse lights to????? :facepalm:

He's correct on those wires.

I have the coilover wrench somewhere. actually, did you check the glovebox?

I'll check the glove box again but I don't remember seeing them.
It's cool. that's the least of my worries. :)

Back