The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

run bigger tires or.......

G20's 5th gear is 0.733 (same as a 99-02 Sentra SE)

SE-R's/NX2k/200SX 5th gear is a 0.756

91-93 G20's have the same 1st, 2nd, and 4th as the NX
Final drive is 4.058 vs the NX's 4.176

Also, some of the early G20's had the VLSD (G20t's I think)..you can tell by looking at the case

I only have a non-locking one here *and* I can't/couldn't test the 5th gear beacuse it was hit so hard...

$250 if you want take a chance/lose the LSD

also, the closest one I'm showing w/a locking tranny is in NH

doesn't say mileage or if its been tested for the 5th gear problem

He's got it listed for $400

Nice, thanks for pulling these together Hosmer: You're Hondaswapper of the year in many of our eyes.

Another snag came up in the mix tonight: I found my Mustang.

Black 06, V6 with 5 speed and color change interior upgrade. $17k OFF THE LOT. Then I haven't even applied my Z plan to that. I'm thinking of a lease. It may not happen, but hey.

So Ninja: Still want the NX ? :)

I'll prolly, more than sure, get turned down tomorrow. I have credit that legends are made of.

anyway, I'm gonna spend the rest of the night with my accountant. See ya.

Quoted post[/post]]
its impossible to test these trannies if they are out of the car right?

Well, most yards don't just dismantle everything when it comes in...we'll throw it in the yard until we sell something big (engine/tranny) off it and then bring it up front. Most of the cars (depending on how hard they're hit, ect), we jack them up, and run them to make sure the engine and tranny are ok (which also tells us if the ECU, air flow, coil, distributor, ect is good).

For the mostpart we know what to look for model specific...anything with an SR, if we can run it, we'll put it through all 5 gears to check for the popout and to listen for bearing noise.

Civics/Integras - we listen for extra loud valve lash

Galant - we listen for bottem end noise

Grand Cherokee - rear end noise

Neon - headgasket

and so on...

If I find one without rust I will, but that seems to be hard to come by.

I was thinking a newer mr2 spyder, but they seem WAY to girly, then I sat in one... dont fit.

Miata's are fun but WAY to slow for this stuff, I dont see anything below 70 mph and with how little power those things have, the run from 70-100 is just WAY to long.

thought about sticking with nissans and seeing if I could strip the HELL out of a 240sx and get it down to 2300lbs, and make it have about 170 rwhp, but then add me to the mix and I would tip it over at about 2500. AND THIS IS STILL A POSSIBILITY!

thought about 300zx and making an all motor pysco car, but weighing in at 3300 on the LIGHT side strip it out... MIGHT get me to 3000, but then puting me back into the car I am back to 3200, and only making about 170 on the ground... and that is just unacceptable... so naturally I would have to build a lot of motor add ons to that to try to get it too 200whp, but I really would be sucking at everything at this point..... Insurance would be raping the hell out of me for driving a "sports car" the things only get 25mpg, and working on them.... FUCK THAT!

so then I went around looking at older cars and building an old scca competitor from years gone past.... thought about everything... put it all through the hoops, and where I live cars simply dont exist without rust.

until.....

I found a 1992 Nissan Pickup. With a swapped Ka24de. :laugh:

it has crossed my mind to buy it... 2.5k, NO rust. the motor was rebuilt by a friend of mine..... the only problem I have with it.. it supposedly weighs about 2900lbs... and I have no idea how thats possible... I have picked the back end of one of them up with a friend before.

So its back to the drawing board.

I guess I will eventually cave on one part or another and see if I can just build a little rat and see how well it does.

1st gen Eclipse/Laser/Talon...not very reliable out of the box, but they're quick

88-89 Colt/Mirage turbo...rare, but again, quick

87-89 Corolla FX16...even better if you find a GTS

88-89 Mazda 323 GTX...turbo AWD hatch, enough said

87-89 Celica Alltrac....seem to be coming down in prices/geting easier to find

86+ Starion/Conquest...turbo RWD

1st gen 200SX...RWD turbo 4 banger or the later SE V6

1st gen CRX Si

rebuilt 4g63t in a mirage.

you have an extremely reliable "stock" turbo car good for low 14's on stock boost since it weighs just under 2200lbs with the big motor and turbo.

I found out in a bit if I'm approved for this Mustang. $900 down and $340 a month for 3 years. I really need to think if this is what I want to do .

The NX2000 is taking a $6000 budget, $4000 of that before it can even see the pavement. But I have an interview tomorrow, so I'll see what happens there and that may be the deal breaker. Then I MAY do what I always wanted to - build a CRX HF to get 65 mpg. (Hondaswap the IMA into it ?)

Mustang autocrosser ? Drifter ?!

It's a lease baby, it's a lease. And I have to buy it out at the end because I can't go a year with 10,500 miles. Unpossible. Must hack odometer.

Dude, you live in New England

V6 open diff 5 speed Mustang will be about as good as a 240SX w/drag radials in the snow

Yeah, I know - but how often do we get snow ? This has always been my contention around here. We get maybe 3 days a year of closed off roads and blizzard conditions. It's not worth spending the money and maintenance on a car that truly gets relied upon for 3 days a year. Quite frankly, I'll work from home from now on.

The only reason I had 4WDs in the past was because I enjoy going out and playing in the snow. But even then, I appreciate a black RWD for more than 350 days of the year, and the lesser hassles with DMV / Maine registration / Insurance .

Maybe I'll just ride the quad more often. I don't even tell the people here that I have a 4WD because I don't want them thinking that I'm going to risk dent and door to get here on snowy days.

I come from a longer background of American RWDs than I do Japanese FWDs. RWD was my rule for years before I got the CRX. Supras and Celicas in the snow for the w1n ! (RX7s in the snow for the l0se!)

if I lived in Canada, Buffalo NY or Alaska, then shit yeah no one would get on my case for owning a 4WD beater. But also, my gf calls out from work on snow days, and she has a WRX. I figure I can take her WRX out when I need to get somewhere.

Oh, since it's a black mustang, I can put chains on the front tires when I need to go somewhere :)

PS: This is going through the auction today...CA car/clean title

CZF44_1.jpg

CZF44_2.jpg

CZF44_4.jpg

CZF44_5.jpg

CZF44_3.jpg

Back