who is your candidate???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im already planning to stock up on EBRs (evil black rifles)

M1A with Sage EBR:
mk14mod0-ebr_left.jpg
;)

I'm stocking on Russian ammo, they were dirt cheap but are getting more expensive.

The Barrett .50 caliber M98 shoots one of the if not THE largest caliber bullet from a rifle not mounted to a tank or helicopter/airplane. Armor-piercing incindiery .50 cal bullets ftw.

There's the .600 and .700 Nitro Express, .577 T-Rex and Nitro, .585 Nyati, and the .68 and .72 muskets. :-D

I believe the .50BMG does have the most energy though. I'd take a .338 over it though :) There are many rifles that fire the .50BMG, the Barretts just has the least recoil.

Everyone knows this. Ron Paul is only a Republican by title however...so even if it was Fox News, youd probably still get the same slant.

Ron Paul is the only republican who is a republican. He's also the only conservative who is a conservative. Everyone else just uses the titles to promote themselves.

I love how the thread steered itself towards assassination, awesome.

i still dont see the point in the super large bore rifles...they arent exactly made to kill a PERSON.

im getting the Robinson Armament XCR in 5.56 (.223)

and the DSA STG58C in .308

hardly "large bore" and neither is an assault rifle,

In a strict definition, a firearm must have all of the following five characteristics to qualify as an assault rifle:[1][2][3]
  • Is a carbine sized individual weapon with provision to be fired from a shouldered position.
  • Barrel length is usually 400 mm to 500 mm (16” to 20”)
  • Is capable of selective fire.
  • Fires from a locked breech.
  • Utilizes an intermediate powered-cartridge.
  • Ammunition is supplied from a large capacity detachable box magazine.
neither one fires fully automatic or burst
and the DSA is not carbine sized, and it fires a full sized rifle round, meaning even if it was full auto it would be a battle rifle not an assault rifle

the problem is the anti's and the media misuse the term all the fucking time, so everyone thinks anything thats not bolt action with a wood stock is a damn assault rifle

and as far as what i want them for: mostly target and fun shooting

Large bore rifles=heavier bullets and better range...although anything from .243-.338 is enough for long range.

There are a lot of M1A's(pretty much civilian M14s), AR-15s, AK's, etc. that aren't classified as "assualt rifles". It just so happens there are assault versions of those weapons.

Last edited:
And why would a civilian need those weapons. Im not saying that things like the Barret are assault rifles. Im saying a civilian has no reason for an AR15 (civilian version or military version). You dont hunt with it...you cant carry it. The only reason to have it is to make yourself feel like you have a larger cock...or you plan on shooting a lot of people. Thats it. Sure they can be fun to shoot at the range, but thats a hefty investment for something with (in my opinion) litte reward.

Plinking is always fun. You're not going to find an accurate semi-auto rifle for cheap; but some people would still like to have them. The larger magazines are to help reduce time reloading; people sometime shoot hundreds of rounds in one session. There's also those who compete. There's a class specifically for semi-auto rifles and different calibers.

And why would a civilian need those weapons. Im not saying that things like the Barret are assault rifles. Im saying a civilian has no reason for an AR15 (civilian version or military version). You dont hunt with it...you cant carry it. The only reason to have it is to make yourself feel like you have a larger cock...or you plan on shooting a lot of people. Thats it. Sure they can be fun to shoot at the range, but thats a hefty investment for something with (in my opinion) litte reward.

People hunt with AR-15's all the time.

Its the same reason why a dog licks its ass.

I don't really understand it, but it brings a security to an insecure type of person that they have the biggest "gun" around, even when there's no neccesity for the gun.

please not the gun debate, here or again. who's your chocie for Prez?

BTW how do you know when a politician is lying?

when their mouth is moving.

And why would a civilian need those weapons.
not really a matter of need, more a matter of 'i can, so why not?'

i wanna know when i'm going to see ron paul advertising on tv. and i wanna hear it on the radio. and i need some serious youtubeness. i'm soooooooo tired of hearing npr making the entire election process run-up be an obama-clinton-huckabee-mccain fest.

The way i see it ...

if all the law abiding good citizens hav AR's then if our country EVER gets invaded it will be hell for the invaders

as i said already in this thread
the second amendment is less about defending from foreign invaders and more about defending ourselves from our own government

show me one human with no controversy in their past. also, not really his past. isn't like they dug up his KKK outfit or found plans to assassinate MLK in his backwoods cabin. the suckiest thing about this is he allowed stuff that he did not write or say to be written or said in conjunction with name. that's just dumbness.

Back