1996 Prelude S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Also my journey down the F22 rabbithole lead me to Bisimoto and their machinations. Pretty crazy stuff for a N/A sohc non vtec.

I was just talking about this car yesterday with Mike (@B16 ) I met Bisi when he took this car up to Seattle. Super nice guy. He was just on that Netflix show Fastest Car. https://www.netflix.com/title/80190009

Does your Prelude have the F22A1, or were they using F22Bx engines for the '96 model year? If the engine is healthy and well-maintained, then the F22Ax engines are worth putting some money into. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. :thumbsup:

it's a funny thing.. the next episode- turbo tony with the colt... he's from around here. worked with wild bill after highschool at monroe.

back on topic, throw a 50 shot on it and call it a day.

Does your Prelude have the F22A1, or were they using F22Bx engines for the '96 model year? If the engine is healthy and well-maintained, then the F22Ax engines are worth putting some money into. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. :thumbsup:

Yeah the F22aX came in all the basemodel Preludes 92-96. Theres other room for growth besides the turbo as well if i want to make the system a little more efficient

it's a funny thing.. the next episode- turbo tony with the colt... he's from around here. worked with wild bill after highschool at monroe.

Anybody still in contact with him? I'm curious if Netflix paid those guys or paid for repairs on the two that crashed. Can't find anything online.

Should have my D16y8 sold tonight if the guy doesnt flake. Also we towed in a manual basemodel RSX with rear end damage I may be able to part out, get some "fun" money coming in again to finish acquiring parts for the turbo system.

D16y8 sold. My Titan needs tires so i've been dailying the Prelude, I can't say enough good things about it. I didn't get the RSX, the owner sold it to a salvage yard.

Rolled the rear fenders and dropped the rear to level and match the front. Also did an oil change and a detail. The body is trashed but it cleans up weirdly well.

Attachments

• 20180630_175813.jpg
    20180630_175813.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 343
Rolled the rear fenders and dropped the rear to level and match the front. Also did an oil change and a detail. The body is trashed but it cleans up weirdly well.

Is rolling the fenders hard? I'm thinking that I need to do that to my Civic. I spaced the wheels out a little and they do rub the fenders occasionally. Probably not a huge deal in the front since they have the plastic splash guard lining, but I worry about the rear.

Is rolling the fenders hard? I'm thinking that I need to do that to my Civic. I spaced the wheels out a little and they do rub the fenders occasionally. Probably not a huge deal in the front since they have the plastic splash guard lining, but I worry about the rear.
Theres a specific tool we use to roll them that does a cleaner job than most. Rolling the rear is easier than the front because theres more sheet metal to work.

yea as stated above the fender rolling tools make ease of it , I know a few jdm tyte import scene dudes that make bank on weekends rolling fenders in the community

When my dad bought the fender rolling tool it was for an RX7 FD we were doing bodywork on and he said I should market it to "my people" as a side hustle... I thought about it but on certain cars it is a real pain. That RX7 for example. Very thin sheet metal so it would flex. I'd have to roll it and hammer the metal to get the molecules to stay instead of flexing back. We were already doing paint but if somebody just wanted fenders rolled I'm not sure how I'd pull that off.

When my dad bought the fender rolling tool it was for an RX7 FD we were doing bodywork on and he said I should market it to "my people" as a side hustle... I thought about it but on certain cars it is a real pain. That RX7 for example. Very thin sheet metal so it would flex. I'd have to roll it and hammer the metal to get the molecules to stay instead of flexing back. We were already doing paint but if somebody just wanted fenders rolled I'm not sure how I'd pull that off.

"Purchase a complete fender rolling package and be automatically entered in a raffle for a full set of lawn trim fender flares!"

Nobody has to know that everyone's a winner..

There's a cleaner shell on craigslist for 450$ with an automatic h23a non vtec... not running needs a lot of tlc but I'm gonna try and snag it. In the meantime, here's another look at her with the levelled out height.
20180716_161858.jpg

I'm sure it's in the thread, but what kind of wheels are those? I really like the look, even in pink.

That Craigslist car seems like a potential good find. You have the F22, right?
Correct, F22a1. Which I'd rather play with over the H23a non vtec. Only way the H23 would be useful is if I wanted to make an all motor H23/H22 hybrid with the bigger block and a vtec head which is out of the question (think B20Vtec but worse).
The shell would be a decent project but the body looks nice and I'd rather do just paint than try to save the body on my chassis. Auto to manual shouldn't be hard because I have a running driving example of what it should look like and I can just swap parts between the vehicles. Again, not certain I'll pull the trigger but I am smitten with the 4th gen prelude chassis.

I'm sure it's in the thread, but what kind of wheels are those? I really like the look, even in pink.
Whistler KR1s. Truthfully a cheaper wheel, but they're made good, they balanced easy with 50$ tires. Only downside is they're not directional so both sides will always face opposite directions. Wheels themselves were around 350$ total, custom finish was about 400$ total.

I've got an exhaust leak thats really bothering me so I may do exhaust sooner than later. Also my car group went out tonight for a drive and in and undisclosed location in Mexico I got the Prelude up to 115, but that was about all the single cam had to offer.

Back