2000 buell blast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my father said the same thing. but there are like 30 different cv40 aftermarket needles. i cant see why it had an aftermarket needle and no jets, with mods.

it was just easier to return it to zero and shim it lol i was trying to measure the graduations, i think they were .06 each. i needed .05 at max. i got .03 .

my father said the same thing. but there are like 30 different cv40 aftermarket needles. i cant see why it had an aftermarket needle and no jets, with mods.

it was just easier to return it to zero and shim it lol i was trying to measure the graduations, i think they were .06 each. i needed .05 at max. i got .03 .
There's more than 30... Lol.

It had an aftermarket needle because that's standard off-the-shelf parts for a cv40. I would have put it on the second clip and checked it. I bet it'd run slightly cooler. :p

that may make total sense for you, but most of the stock harley carbs dont have an adjustable needle.

im gonna start it before too long... after my 1pm call maybe.

Well we are good to go! I buttoned this sucker up. The tach works. No fuel leaks and the throttle tip in stumble is gone. After the first startup I let it sit a bit and t started right up. Before it would take some time to get going.

CD2F1A95-A9BC-46BC-9C16-8B6040A24ACF.jpeg

Forgot I needed to plug the emissions tube hole, lol used one of the spare trunk lid bumpers I had from the blue Kia. It was a perfect press fit after shaving it down a bit.

then I had to take it apart again since I forgot to put the air filter back in. The new airbox gasket makes it really hard to get the clips on and off !

F0D34AD6-A9A9-4698-9D71-6F6020E0ABF8.jpeg