b18a rex ignition prob????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxfreak

ok my car has been acting up off and on..its like it just shuts off..the rpms drop to none then go back up like it starts up again but does it like 13 times in a row..sometimes it just shuts off and stays off then i can start it up myself again...i think maybe it has to do with the igniter in the distrib...anyone else have any kinda prob like this? let me know......

im having somewhat the same problem with my b18a rex, but mine doesnt shut off, sounds like u have a spark problem, go through each wire and see if u have spark coming from them, when its running does it sound like 1 cylinder isnt firing?, anyway back to my problem, ONLY when its cold does it do this, but it is at say, 1200 RPM ( cold) drops to 800 then goes right back up to 1200, whats the beef? any reason or does the engine just dislike being cold.

hey in my old crx with the stock motor is did that like when u went to stop the iddle would jump up and go down then up and go down...we sold it tho so i never got to find out what the beef was...and the (i call it the acurex ;) ) wont do that shut off thing no more i just was pulling and messing with wires and it doesnt do it so i dont know....oh and the reason i was wondering the 1/4 miles is because i beat 2 gsrs that had full exhaust i saw when it was parked and since it was so nice with all this body kit carbon fiber i would think he had an intake but mad i took that guy like nothin...who knows he might have had a clutch too but i still took him...do u think i could take my friends celica GTS? its an 02 with muffler nad jdm intake...they run 15.1 1/4mile stock but thats with a good ass driver so with him prlly 15.5 or so i should take him....we'll see.....but yea my probs fixed with that i guess but i dont know what urs could be...check the stater, coil, igniter in the distrib....might be one of those....

well if it helps, i run 14.91 with a dead clutch in my intake/exhaust b18a rex. ACT clutch coming in 2 weeks, then i can post a real time, should be around 14.7 or so. so if the conditions are the same as here u should in theory be able to take him, but ya never know.

yea i guess it just all depends tonight i saw a time slip for this b18a rex and he had 14.56 with just intake and exhaust but i hear people say they ran 14.7 and point 9 so an average time would come about 14.8......oh and that spuddering problem i had i talked to a guy and he said i should buy a high flow fuel pump because even tho its only .2 liters more its still a big enough difference to do that...and its not my ignition cause i did have spark so he said its like ur car just loses fuel and no fuel means no run so he said buy that and a good fuel filter and u should be fine....thatd kick me up some better throttle response too :)...i might put on the jdm sir tranny too ;) not sure yet but man i have to take a major dump so im gonna go....

Back