Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chop saw near the tv?

My dad is trying to get a 55" in his shop but can't pull the trigger cuz landscaping takes priory.
Yes indeed, LCD TV's and chop saws are mutually incompatible items. A lady up the street does alterations so I picked up a cheap blanket and took her the dimensions - for less than $20 I have a custom made cover. Just put cover on and push TV back out of the way against the wall.

TV%20Cover.jpg

55" outta be fantastic! Bigger is definitely better when it comes to LCD/LED TV.

Last edited:
Brad that hood is shinin good sir! The rear brace and sway bar are looking mighty fine too! You do anything on the front sway bar? I don't remember and I'm too lazy to look back up the thread. Need to rebush it with some poly if you're going to keep it for a while - you will really like the ride and handling improvement. ;)
I have the stock Si sway bar up front, but once I swap the motor the GSR front sway will be taking it's place. Yes one day poly bushings will be added on. I hope to have the car for a long while but that's what I thought about the Integra haha.

It looks like your shop is set up very well for your needs. 46 years has paid off. I'd end up living in there. :)

Bought the house in December 2003. Put new cover on patio in January 2004. Began shop remodel in May 2004, basically finished it up 5 years later. Done infrastructure upgrades to house - Air Conditioning, attic insulation, attic fans, exterior paint, electrical upgrade, new water heater, washing machine.

No foo foo crap, tile floors, granite counters, bathroom remodels. Screw that - I put about $40k in the shop.

Also built and upgraded the entertainment system - full Home Theatre and full house music system.

Now that the shop is basically done and full of tools, toys are bought and paid for - I'll work over the house. Prolly start in the bathrooms while on vacation for the Xmas break. Floors first, then paint and such. Going to re-grout the shower pan in the master bathroom. Cutting new dog door in patio going into shop through the brick wall covered by the patio to keep rain out.

Hahaha - no female around here to screw up plans......

You going to be able to insulate your shop? That is a huge improvement and also some killer lighting.

gotta have a good shop to work on the rest of the house with... :thumbsup:

gotta have a good shop to work on the rest of the house with... :thumbsup:
Precisely! That's the rationale (excuse :) ) I use to this day! :)

All BS aside, I did it first clearly by preference as it's the playhouse for me. But, really is functional to support pretty much any type of remodel work I want to do on the rest of the place. When I painted the shop, knowing I also have wood fences to spray sealer on and a house to paint inside and out, I bought a used Graco airless spray rig - used so I could get a commercial quality rig and outfit it real good.

So, there's my shop story. Brad, good luck with yours! Insulate it as soon as you can.

Last edited:
Thanks, were just getting started.

I added a couple things to commemorate the Integra.

107_4629.jpg

IMG_20111205_212728.jpg

IMG_20111208_212654.jpg

Motor mounts filled with goop.

IMG_20111208_221238.jpg

And a shot of my bedroom cause I <3 GT5.

IMG_20111208_221544.jpg

Last edited:
Dual.....the cover is a good idea. Makes me think the TV will last a little longer

Big girl in that picture too....(at least she looks female) Reminds me of my childhood German Shepard (she was 95-105lbs)

Dual.....the cover is a good idea. Makes me think the TV will last a little longer

Big girl in that picture too....(at least she looks female) Reminds me of my childhood German Shepard (she was 95-105lbs)
Yes indeed the cover is probably really needed for lifespan. I knew the shop environment would be a little on the hostile side for a LCD TV so I had the cover made. I run it just about every night, when I go out on the smoking deck (covered patio) for a cigar and to give the doggies some milk bones.

Thanks for kind words for Casey - he's my good boy.

Here he is in the shop when he was about 6 months old.

Casey%20Shop%201.JPG

Here's one I took about a year ago, when he was about 3, will turn 4 in January.

Casey%20Lathe.jpg

He's just over 140 lbs and a little on the chunky side - really outta be 125 or so. I guess it's been too many cigars and milk bones. :)

Brad, on the insulation I wasn't picking at your place. You know that already. But, it makes a HUGE difference down here summer and winter. It will be a major help up there in the winter months. That's what I wanted you to know - it's well worth the investment when it's paid off. With insulation you will be able to keep it warm in there and it won't cost much. The heater I use is about 3000w electric forced air (has a fan in it). Runs on 220v with a 15 amp breaker and works great. The coldest part of winter down here, years when we get a little snow and freezing, it's only $25-40 a month to leave it on 24/7 set to 65 degrees. That's plenty warm enough to work out there without a sweatshirt. For where you guys are, maybe 60-62 degrees with the shop insulated and wear a sweatshirt for ecomomy and comfort.

140lbs????? That's a big puppy dog.

I live in a condo so no dog for me (which sucks) but my parents have two Aussies now. Both officially diagnosed as obese by the vet lol. They get a little human left overs on top of their dog food :shrug2: hard not to spoil them.

Brad....you thinking about the integra dash and door panels???

Brad, on the insulation I wasn't picking at your place. You know that already. But, it makes a HUGE difference down here summer and winter. It will be a major help up there in the winter months. That's what I wanted you to know - it's well worth the investment when it's paid off. With insulation you will be able to keep it warm in there and it won't cost much. The heater I use is about 3000w electric forced air (has a fan in it). Runs on 220v with a 15 amp breaker and works great. The coldest part of winter down here, years when we get a little snow and freezing, it's only $25-40 a month to leave it on 24/7 set to 65 degrees. That's plenty warm enough to work out there without a sweatshirt. For where you guys are, maybe 60-62 degrees with the shop insulated and wear a sweatshirt for ecomomy and comfort.
I know what you're talking about, right now it bitterly cold in there. We still have to wear full winter gear to work on a car. After insulation we might just toss our spare wood stove in there instead of electric heat.
Brad....you thinking about the integra dash and door panels???
Umm...no...I didn't think it would work. :( The dash has gone to the crusher but I still have the door panels. Would the Integra power windows work in the coupe?

This morning I sat in front of the computer with a coffee and ordered all the necessary gaskets for the B18C. It came to $167 from HondaPartsCheap.com which is a good price for OEM peace of mind. :) I'm waiting for a PM for an Exedy clutch kit then after that I just need a timing belt and power steering pump. :D

I have seen (in person) my fair share of EG's with Intagra Dashes and Door Panels (you need both b/c they go together). Its not a super direct fit but I've talked to owners and its not that involved....just weird and frustrating at times (but this happens when you put the EG dash in too lol) but I think the top of the dash needs trimming/massaging to fit against the windshield flush.....can't remember b/c its been years and years.

How much rebuild to the B18C? Full rebuild? :)

In your situation, that wood stove is probably a great idea and good cost effective solution.

Last edited:
I have seen (in person) my fair share of EG's with Intagra Dashes and Door Panels (you need both b/c they go together). Its not a super direct fit but I've talked to owners and its not that involved....just weird and frustrating at times (but this happens when you put the EG dash in too lol) but I think the top of the dash needs trimming/massaging to fit against the windshield flush.....can't remember b/c its been years and years.
Haha oh well, screw it.
How much rebuild to the B18C? Full rebuild? :)

In your situation, that wood stove is probably a great idea and good cost effective solution.

Oh I'm not rebuilding it, just a bunch of leaky gaskets are getting replaced.

Order Content

Product ID Product Name Price Quantity Total

11251-P30-004-Honda GASKET, OIL PAN $20.98
(Not Taxable) 1 $20.98

91214-PLE-003-Honda OIL SEAL (80X100X10) (NOK) $12.40
(Not Taxable) 1 $12.40

91212-PR3-003-Honda OIL SEAL (38X50X7.4) (NOK) $6.52
(Not Taxable) 1 $6.52

91213-PR3-004-Honda OIL SEAL (29X43X8) (ARAI) $5.25
(Not Taxable) 2 $10.50

12030-P30-000-Honda GASKET SET, HEAD COVER $40.24
(Not Taxable) 1 $40.24

15825-P08-005-Honda FILTER ASSY., SPOOL VALVE $13.18
(Not Taxable) 1 $13.18

36172-P08-015-Honda GASKET, SOLENOID BASE $5.46
(Not Taxable) 1 $5.46

17130-PM6-G01-Honda VALVE ASSY., PCV $13.51
(Not Taxable) 1 $13.51

19301-P08-316-Honda THERMOSTAT ASSY. (NIPPON THERMOSTAT) $16.20
(Not Taxable) 1 $16.20

19305-PT0-000-Honda RUBBER, THERMOSTAT MOUNTING $2.50
(Not Taxable) 1 $2.50

Subtotal Amount : $141.49
Discount : $0.00
Handling : $3.95
Shipping (USPS - Package - Priority Mail International, (6 - 10 Days)) : $22.31
Tax Amount : $0.00
Current Total : $167.75

^Those parts came in a couple days before christmas so my dad wrapped them and snuck it under the tree. I spent christmas day assembling the GSR. :)

So today I finished ordering a Gates Racing timing belt, NGK 7mm plug wires, Exedy Racing Stage 1 Organic clutch, and a billet cam seal. :) I'm waiting for Total JDM to get their website back up to order a power steering pump...and thats it!

Is that a clutch kit with pressure plate?

I've been out in the shop playing too that past week and have the next 2 weeks off for more fun!

Last edited:
Yep, the clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing yada yada..

I just got a sweet deal on one of these gorgeous headers from our friendly vendor Private Label MFG. ;)

HeaderB18_2.JPG

^ That is a nice looking piece of work. Be sure and bracket it on the bottom. I'm probably going to do mine this weekend, I'll post some pics on the build thread. In fact, I've got plenty of stainless stock. If you need a little I can chop off a couple of pieces and send 'em on up.

I'm going to use the new wire welder and fabricate everything here in my home shop.

I thought there were options for PS pumps in an EJ? I know the Gen2 B16A PS mounted right up to my pressure line. (92 EH3) but I'm thInking I read of other options. I know there are cheaper options than Total JDM.

Call Steve at Hmotorsonline.com he may have what you need. Or try that Toronto JDM vendor on here. Just get them on the phone :thumbsup:

Back