Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did a little search and read a little. This is simply Internet info so take it as you will.

Try the GSR pump. If it connects to the civic pressure line....you are good to go

^ That is a nice looking piece of work. Be sure and bracket it on the bottom. I'm probably going to do mine this weekend, I'll post some pics on the build thread. In fact, I've got plenty of stainless stock. If you need a little I can chop off a couple of pieces and send 'em on up.

I'm going to use the new wire welder and fabricate everything here in my home shop.
Thats a swell idea, I could even chop the bracket off the stock GSR header and fab it up to the new one. We need gas for our welder, the flux core wire just welds like shit!
I thought there were options for PS pumps in an EJ? I know the Gen2 B16A PS mounted right up to my pressure line. (92 EH3) but I'm thInking I read of other options. I know there are cheaper options than Total JDM.

Call Steve at Hmotorsonline.com he may have what you need. Or try that Toronto JDM vendor on here. Just get them on the phone :thumbsup:

I did a little search and read a little. This is simply Internet info so take it as you will.

Try the GSR pump. If it connects to the civic pressure line....you are good to go
Yeah I believe the stock GSR bolts up fine. I've also heard B18B power steering pumps have the same part #. If so I'll just go to a wrecker. Total JDM only wants $55 for the pump I need for what its worth.

EDITZ: B18Bs and B18Cs both use a P72 pump. :) Whats weird is that OBDI pumps differ from OBDII pumps.

By my calculations all my new parts should arrive this week! :ph34r:

Last edited:
if it got hit hard enough to bend the pulley, chances are the shaft is bent, so you're better off sourcing a new one anyway...

You may be right. But many of the damage I have seen from crashes in Hondas makes the pulley snap off a piece rather than bend. Not to say the shaft is totally fine but it just may be :shrug2:

I guess I never really looked at the pump very well.. it's completely fine. There's only one chip out of it and its not bent. Its getting put on for now haha.

IMG_20120104_170433.jpg

IMG_20120104_170425.jpg

That will turn the pump more revolutions but I don't think it's a problem. (try it and check for leaks)

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing! Silly Canadians and their fd up measurements.

Last edited:
Well there it was just sittin there........an well aughhhhh........one thing led to another.......my mind was racing! :D

Last edited:
i honestly was expecting some backlash, in the form of "you should know, it was your mother's" or something...

yea yea.. its shiney.. STICK IT IN THE FRIGGIN CAR ALREADY!!!!!

Back