sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

holy hell its been a long time since ive updated this thread. sadly, i have given up on the crx. i just cant bring myself to spend any more money on a non street legal car that doesnt run yet. i am sick of smog laws in california. they are too harsh. also, i hate dumping money into a car that isnt worth more than $5-6k. so i will be parting out the crx and i bought myself a new project.........

1971 austin mini cooper
405214_10150454488206497_588076496_8919959_266389839_n.jpg

plans for the mini:
full off frame restoration
new front subframe
K20A engine

best part about it all, i can spend a shit ton of money on this car and actually get it back when it comes time to sell.

goodbye crx. its been fun, well, it hasnt really but ill miss you

2011-12-06_11-24-42_660.jpg

Awww shit. :( But I guess I can dig the classic Mini. Swap should be sweet. Pretty sure Ive seen one somewhere on the net. get some new rims right meow!

What type of programming or mapping did you do to the ecu for the TBI's?
If nothing, I might be interested in them..

E

Damn.......the crx is 90%+ done.

Enjoy that thing a little before you part it out.

I respect your decision and opinion. Between the mini and CRX - I'd make the CRX street legal.

Restoration done, hauls ass. :)

I am selling a couple of racing karts for similar reasons and actually did much the same and purchased something else I will use more - a trail bike that I can ride around near home. Of course it's a project bike and alredy undergone lost of modifications.

Are you sure you're ready for a Frame Off restoration project? To take it all the way home? Ya probably are, that's what I basically did - just shifted gears on to a different project.

The CRX is pretty.

Last edited:
I respect your decision and opinion. Between the mini and CRX - I'd make the CRX street legal.

Restoration done, hauls ass. :)

I am selling a couple of racing karts for similar reasons and actually did much the same and purchased something else I will use more - a trail bike that I can ride around near home. Of course it's a project bike and alredy undergone lost of modifications.

Are you sure you're ready for a Frame Off restoration project? To take it all the way home? Ya probably are, that's what I basically did - just shifted gears on to a different project.

The CRX is pretty.

yea, if anything, the crx was a great learning experience. i was taught so much about body work and assembly by my buddy that helped me that i feel really confident in taking my skills to this mini cooper. its just so demeaning when you spend a few thousand dollars on a car for a few parts and in the back of your mind, you know you just spent more than the car is worth. it really bothers me and makes me not want to spend another dime on the crx. also, to make the crx street legal, i would have to part most of it out anyways so its just really not worth it to me anymore. id rather have a head turning, classic car that everyone can appreciate rather than a built honda that only people who know what it is can appreciate

oh and i made a quick list of stuff i am parting out. most of this stuff is brand spanking new and im giving you guys the first crack at it so make me some offers

-OBX individual throttle bodies
-MSD pro billet distributor w/coil
-B16B W/ S80 transmission
-circuit hero shift extender
-P72 ecu w/ hondata s300
-Personal Grinta steering wheel (350mm, suede)
-Tunerview RD3 customizable gauge system w/ usb connector kit
-12gal Fuelsafe fuel cell
-Wilwood dynapro 4pot caliper big brake kit (rotors, pads, calipers, braided steel lines, etc)
-Bride seat (i forget what model it is )
-Fullrace front traction bar & full race radiator
-Rav engineering 15x7 wheels (volk knock offs) w/ hankook ventus C51 slicks
-Greddy oil filter relocation kit
-Custom valve breather box
-si-r rear wing
-Innovative cable to hydro conversion kit
-Innovative shift linkage
-Hasport B to EF mounts
-RC 310cc injectors
- function & form coilovers (type one )
-Skunk2 Rear lower control arms (black series)
-Skunk2 front camber kit
-Mugen replica header
-ARC oil catch can

would u consider an sale, rather than part out? I have a friend who would be interested, and he doesn't care how far away u are. lemme show him and see what he says

Definitely a good idea - try and sell it all in one fell swoop. Parting out will be a hassle - shipping parts, not to mention how long it could take to unload all of it. Plus you'll have to disassemble the thing.

would u consider an sale, rather than part out? I have a friend who would be interested, and he doesn't care how far away u are. lemme show him and see what he says

Yea for sure. I had it up on craigslist for 6500 but make me an offer

i didnt take many pics of it before i mounted it, but it has coarse foam inside and a drain on the bottom

DSCN1258.jpg

I could build one of those to any measurements...if that's what you are looking for. Or you could of course buy his lol

Back