CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got it done yesterday. It was more work than I thought. 105°F on Saturday....it slows me down. I've had heat exhaustion before and it tends to make you more senstive to heat.

I start it up and it won't go in gear. CRUNCH!! So I re-bled the clutch line...nothing. No leaks....hmmm. Threaded in the CMC shaft attached to clutch pedal assembly....nothing. Went to bed with my brain churning and turning. Crap like this pisses me off. My wife keeps me level. Hulk smash kinda crap lmao.

This morning, I called David at Syncrotech and I told him what I've done and checked. He told me to check movement at shifter assembly....already did that. Then he mentioned the shifter cables. I used a big 'ol zip tie to hold cables to the cross member. I cut it off, rerouted cables and O2 sensor a bit, new zip tie and tried it out. SUCCESS!!

Car is aligned. I raised it up in the front. Almost a 2 finger gap between tire and fender. Should be okay for 23" slicks....when I get some.

I will hit up a track in the next week or two. Sacramento Raceway might be closing down (for sale: $11M possible housing development). I might need to take it to Sonoma drag strip.

Attachments

• 20170728_093546.jpg
    20170728_093546.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 485
Ran it at the drag strip with my 205/50/R15 drag radials. It was pretty hot. I ran mostly 13.2's but had one 13.1. Trapped 108mph three times.....almost hit 109mph once. Couldn't get a decent 60'. 2.1-2.2 second 60'. Only had a few runs that the launch felt good....but still not so great of a 60'

A few years ago, I hit a 13.1 with cooler weather. But that was a 2.0 60'.

Nice result... it would be cool to see what you run with a substantially wider tire. Maybe run some 245, or 255s mexiflush style up front for track days. It's not like you really need full lock steering at the drag strip. As long as you're axles are up for it, I think it would be a neat experiment.

Here's a video. Broke out. And I let off 60-80ft early in hopes of not breaking out....still broke out. l went 2/10 faster than my dial in.

12.85@105. Usually I pull 108-109 traps.

Ran a 12.75 @111mph and a 12.72 @111mph.

Got a Speed Factory front bumper fuel tank, ID1050X injectors and Bosco 044 fuel pump. I plan on -8AN from tank to fuel rail and probably -6AN to FPR and return. I'm wanting to run some VP M5. I'll have a pump tune and M5 tune. I'll have a switch to change tunes back and forth. I'll change fuels at the track to help keep the longevity of the fuel system.

Slicks too. Not sure what size (23" vs 24.5") I'll trap lower with slicks and my curent tires are around 23" (205/50/r15 MT DR)

Got some slicks on the way. 24.5" 13x8 MT's.

I took my mud flaps off. And then went racing. After my 4th pass, I noticed my driver side rocker panel was gone. 3 clips closest to the fender were gone but the rest were still there. I think the mud flap was holding it on. Talked to two track officials and they knew of nothing. I think it flew over the rail. Bought some 4" PCI ones.

Attachments

• Black Weld Import Magnum.JPG
    Black Weld Import Magnum.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 397
Been working on the car lately. Rear diffusers in bumper, new Blox Drag Coilovers, and some 24.5" slicks.

I'm wanting a piston/rod K24 bottom end, cams, springs, better oil pump, etc. I already have 1050x injectors, front bumler fuel tank, Bosch 044 fuel pump and I plan on -8AN fuel lines.

I cannot get in touch with 4Piston Racing at all. I've emailed 3 times since May with no replies. Can't get them to answer the phone either. I've had cash on hand, ready to go, but no dice.

I'll post a picture or two soon. Need to wash the car badly.

20200424_122115.jpg

I've had these for a few months but more parts are coming soon so I figured I'd start sharing.

Not sure if anybody cares to keep up. I can just wait and post a bunch of stuff when I'm done. It will be somewhat of a process for me so it'll take some time. I got other goodies I can upload pics of.

Not using that valve cover. Guy took all rivets out (for baffle to be removed before sandblasting) and tapped the holes to bolt the baffle back on. About half the bolts feel sketchy threading in and just spin at the same weak tightness (I figured this out as I applied locktite). $140 down the drain.

20200627_171042.jpg
20200627_171009.jpg

Longblock is complete. I've starting removing the K20A motor and transmission. Just have to deal with coolant, harnesses, and misc stuff before getting it out. It's hot here lately.

Got the new old stock OEM coil cover today. Had to slap it on a take a picture of the complete valve cover.

My velocity stack will be here soon. I also bought 4" aluminum tubing for the intake piping. All mandrel bends have a 6" radius. Exit out the front grill. Velocity stack is big. I'll take a picture when it shows up.

Back