Fastbrakes.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 5 2003, 11:08 PM
Eric- interesting info... Brian's working on a 4 piston kit with 11.75 inch rotors that will fit under 15 inch wheels. He should have it out next week. I spent a little over half an hour talking to him on the phone this afternoon, and he seems to be a pretty cool guy. A year or so ago when I was conversing with him via email, everything was good too.

He is a really nice guy, and a pleasure to do business with. Has he updated the 11" front kit recently? If he has does he know if it fits the 93 Integra (without have to get out the Dremel tool)? If he has one that fits I'll be calling him tomorrow to buy updated hardware. I excited to see is 11" 2 piston rear kit.

The only time slotted or crossed drilled brakes are needed if for actual racing, not autoX, not drag but races where your using your brakes to the max for 50 laps strait. Braking is actually decreased in normal driving with cross drilled/slotted because it is missing surface area. The none blank style used to prevent brake fade during extreme conditions and other than that, the crossdrilled/slotted does absolutly nothing. Unless your going into an endro race or something like that, just get brembro Blank rotors.

i was looking at their site and saw the brakes for the front end of a del sol but do they make them for the rear of a del sol?

I would not invest on a rear kit If they even make one. The rear brakes only do about 20% of the braking so spending $1k on a kit for the rear is a total waste. Just get a good set of rotors (brembro blanks) and a good set of pads, (hawks)

i was just thinking that the big brake kit would make it unblanaced braking when i put the front bigger then the rear is why i asked

The way I have had it explained to me is if you just get a bigger brake kit up front then you have added a little stopping power, but mostly you just changed the split so your fronts are now doing 85% of the work instead of %80. But if you do a proportional upgrade to the rear then you maintain your factory balance and increase the stopping power your car has. If you already have disc brakes on the rear of your sol www.fastbrakes.com has an 11" upgrade that uses stock calipers.

I was at the NASCAR race this weekend in Atlanta. Got to see the cars up close and damn if they weren't running BIG ass slotted rotors on the front. If anyone cares, the pads were at least an 1" thick if not 1 1/4"

What does it mean when you prove yourself wrong? :blink:

First time I was ever in the pits during a race (ARCA) and that was the coolest thing.

Originally posted by ahedau@Mar 11 2003, 10:48 PM
I was at the NASCAR race this weekend in Atlanta. Got to see the cars up close and damn if they weren't running BIG ass slotted rotors on the front. If anyone cares, the pads were at least an 1" thick if not 1 1/4"

What does it mean when you prove yourself wrong? :blink:

First time I was ever in the pits during a race (ARCA) and that was the coolest thing.

:huh: who did you prove wrong. If your talking about the argument on wether to go slotted/Xdrilled vs blanks you proved nothing. As eveyone said, they are only needed in extreme conditions were if they were not used, heat would build up so much, brake fade will accor and then you flying into a wall.

They Use extremly thick pads because they use them so much along with the major heat because your slowing a car from 200 mph to 100 in less than a few seconds, they wear down extremly quick.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 12 2003, 01:21 AM
pads have more effect on fade than rotors do

I thought that it was a mix of the two. On one side, you have the pads that will withstand more heat (ie, kevlar and ceramics will withstand fad more than if you went with organic or semi metalic) then on the other side, you have rotors that have more area (but not more area touched by pads) for AIR to go and cool the brakes.

has anyone ever seen slotted or drilled rotors on an IRL/F1/NASCAR race car? I'm beginning to think that these are more about looks (and they do look nice) than about performance. I mean, the F1 guys are like gods when it comes to performance and they don't run these

post I did on 3/4. While in the pits I made it a point to look.

i have the fastbrakes 11" front and rear upgrade on my crx and the only problem i have had with it is the fact that the front and rear rotors are rusty. i paid a grand for all of it. i do stop on a dime though and i would recomend it to anyone regardless of the fact that it rusted.....

on your CRX, stpkenton, did you get the OEM caliper 11" or did you get the willwoodkit?, also how big rotors did you get in the rear?

I want to give another :thumbsup: for Brian at Fastbrakes. I called him yesterday and left a message about the kit I purchased from him 2 years ago. He had sent me an updated mount set and new rotors (for free) 6 months after I purchased the kit. This mounting hardware/rotor combo doesn't fit the 93 Integra. He called me back today and I asked him if he had made any updates since then. He said he had and I asked if I could get a set of the new mounting hardware (no rotors). He got my info and when I asked him what I owed him, he said nothing. This guy is so willing to stand behind his product that he has a customer for life.

Back