helmets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

next time i go to the track i plan on hitting a 13.9 and they wont let your race without a helmet when you get into a 13. Does anyone know where i can get a DOT helmet for a reasonable price?

Damn, I always thought they would. I have this video of track races for like 3 hours of straight racing and everybody had the same helmet. Thats why I thought they wuold provide you one.

Fuck, I am not about to go buy a helmet because my car runs in the 13 sec. range. Ill just tell them that I plan on hitting 15's all day :ph34r:

also check out helmetcity.com

Fuck, I am not about to go buy a helmet because my car runs in the 13 sec. range. Ill just tell them that I plan on hitting 15's all day

and when you break a 13.00 they will pull you off the track for not having a helmet.

Some tracks let you get away running high 13s with no helmet if you state your ET as being higher. I know my friend was running 13.7s with no helmet b/c he claimed his ET was 14.something.

If you do decide to get a helmet go to eBay. I got a badass brand new helmet that was SNELL & DOT approved, with expedited shipping for under $100.

get an SA2000 rated helmet.

i got an M2000, and regret it cuz i dind't know any better.
it's fine for autoX, but serious events laugh it off.

M's are designed for one big hit.
S's are designed for tons of little hits (ie, your head against the roll cage hopping along) as well as one big hit, and adds a level of fire protection to your dome.

If you wait a year, SA2005 will probably be out. generally, you have 10 years of life from the rating. M/SA95's are going out next year.

Bell M2----- SA2000 rated and only $300, with an extra large eye-port. :D

CLICKY FOR THA HELMET

051f25c4df7c26d11f40df9694fb347a.jpg

Back