My 79 1200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did buy the toolbox ? I will post pics of the paperwork lol ? and 2 no theres no payments on the 79, I had a family member sign as lein holder on the title soo I cannot sell it without their signature ...

I traded the teg for the civic straight up, and Im paying 2600 after financing on the box, 1 year payment plan, im going to pay it off in full tax time, cool thing about snap on also, I have my payment withdraw from my bank every fri morning at 6 am, I never even miss the money, and they report to the federal credit bureau weekly soo not only have I got a good deal on a box, but its building my credit

Last edited:
Back when I bought my house, financing a toolbox would give you enough credit for a quarter million dollar mortgage. These days, they don't pass it out so freely.

Not even then, I'm still broke as shit. The scenery now is just a lot cooler.
Raises your prices, seriously. I am not saying jack them up but raise them like 5% . Look at the work you are getting, no reason to be the cheapest in town.

Raises your prices, seriously. I am not saying jack them up but raise them like 5% . Look at the work you are getting, no reason to be the cheapest in town.

Pretty sure he charges a pretty penny.

Business take a while to become profitable. Good tech's cost money. At that I'm assuming Wil puts any surplus/gains back into the business to keep leveraging it for the future, and not sucking it out. That's what usually should be done in the beginning stages for cash flow, sunk costs, etc.

Pretty sure he charges a pretty penny.

Business take a while to become profitable. Good tech's cost money. At that I'm assuming Wil puts any surplus/gains back into the business to keep leveraging it for the future, and not sucking it out. That's what usually should be done in the beginning stages for cash flow, sunk costs, etc.

I know, his facebook page has ads for his shop saying ridiculously low prices. I was just saying he seems to be getting established and getting some specialty work, no reason not to up the prices a little.

Our prices for regular services are ridiculously cheap - for example, a BMW dealer will charge around $750 for an Inspection II on an E46 3-series, we do them for $325; Mercedes dealers charge in the neighborhood of $500 for a Service B on an E350, we do it for $325. Most independents in the area charge the same as the dealers for those services, simply because the dealership charges that much. The materials involved don't cost much on non-M cars.

For the repairs, restoration, race builds, and customization-type stuff, our prices are on par with the dealerships (for repairs) and are actually pretty pricey for the restoration/race/custom stuff. I charge what precision, quality, high-end work is worth, and usually don't have a problem getting it. Right now, most of my income goes to paying employees, paying bills, paying down debts (both personal and from the shop, which since I'm a sole proprietorship are essentially the same thing), and racecar. By this time next year I should be completely debt free, including the loans and monies borrowed to open the shop, and at that time I'm going to start looking for a place to buy to move the shop.

And that 'rat rod' Benz is done - we only got it together that much so that it wouldn't look unsightly sitting in the shop. Surprisingly, although it's parked next to over $3m in cars currently, it seems to draw in the most people 'oooh'ing and 'aaah'ing.

edit:
When u are the cheapest in town you draw in broke dick clients

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B34DmsMxUlA

Last edited:
There's only one obvious solution here, Wil. Alter your prices to Midas prices so you attract a wealthier crowd and rake in 6 figures.

Disclaimer: I smoked a bag of the finest Elmer's glue today.

Last edited:
Say what you want, I'm making a damn good living for myself and am making damn good money for a 21 year old, fast food chain mechanics or not, and have my foot in the door to be a store manager by mid 2014 easy

Back