PartsCrunch.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Dec 27 2004, 12:09 AM
not a problem man :)
[post=437602]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok man all added and fixed thanks for the heads up

Just a suggestion on the search feature....Maybe have it let you choose the make model and year, and list all parts, which are broken down into category...instead of choosing it all at once and having to use a keyword?

make:Honda
Model:Civic
year: 2001

Here are the available parts for your 2001 Honda Civic

Engine (4)

Suspension(3)

Transmission(2)

Exhaust(0)

Thrn you would click on the category and it would list the parts under Engine or Suspension etc...

i think i should make this more previlant (sp?) on the site but if a member signs up they have access to differnt types of searches. There is a search by category, which is exactly what your describing. If a user is just browsing they are limited to that type of search, kind of an incentive to sign up.

Originally posted by mdlax1@Dec 25 2004, 08:00 PM
what do you suggest? something like this, but with the part count next to it?

http://www.partscrunch.com/current_subcat.php

then obviously clickable? only problem with this, is that when the site grows that link will give listing in the sub categories but it will be for every car.. that could be a hassle.
[post=437272]Quoted post[/post]​

ya exactly like you said with the numbers next to each catagory... You should be able write a script to sum up the parts per catagory

yeah this is easy, like i said the only issue is that it would sum up all of them for all makes and models not any particular car, since it would be passing information. Best thing to do is just sign up and search by category then you can basically go Make > Model > Exterior > Rear Bumper. And bam your there. exactly the type of car you want to know all the parts for a particular model

i did sign up but when you do that you ahve to click on every catagory to see if there are parts

Not a whole lot of new stuff to add fella's. I'm still steady adding parts for vendors which really blows. I wish it held enough weight to make vendors add them, themselves. Oh well somebodies gotta do the dirty work.

Just want to thank you guys for your continued support. Spread the word more users we have sign up the more it will warrant vendors to sign up.

Thanks guys

Few updates for you guys.

1) landed a few more vendors, good thing this time they seem really excited to get this moving in the right direction. So you will guys will see a lot more exterior parts coming up along with some more engine stuff.

2) We scored a deal with a printing company who will be printing our 3x5 advertising post cards for next to nothing in relation to normal prices.

*any of you that would like to help me and your fellow buyer out, not to mention yourself and would like me to mail you some of the ads to hand out at your local club, meeting spot or show. I'd be honored. If i can swin it i'll throw you a few bucks too. Sorry this seems shallow but again, i want this to work just like anyone im tired of paying so damn much for my stuff, please let me know*

3) All the bugs but one on the vendor part update is left which should be done this week.

4) We've lined up like 4 online boards to help us get the word out, other than CL and HS (thanks again B)

5) Going to be seeing partscrunch in import tuner and probably super street mags in the next two months or so, also some lower end publications that most of you guys wont be familar with, more to attract the OEM buyers.

6) We had a few commercials professional done, these will be on a site called undergroundsemetry and more to come. U.S. is a techno/trance/DnB site that does stuff alot like DI.fm does. http://www.undergroundsemetry.com/com/partscrunch.mp3

well thats the update, looks promising, we'll see.

Thanks for your continued support guys

im working on a way for parts crunch to suggest mutliple vendors based on how much they charge for the part and how much for shipping and still keeping the lowest total price .. this way if vendor A has X part and vendor B, C, and D have the other part.. which other vendor should i use to get both parts including shipping for the lowest price

that will be implimented over time.. just an FYI ;)

Just a quick update, been a while. Had a lot of freelance work recently. I'll be adding about 2,000 parts of various categories the beggining of this upcoming week.

Also you will probably be seeing us around the places you visit and read a lot more in the next 3 months or so.

Hey I was reading over this post and I went to the site. I think it's a little annoying to use because I dont like clicking a bunch of things. Anyway, this is the site I use to find parts and it has a TON of vendors/junkyards whatever. Perhaps you could contact these people and get them to join but basically it seems like the two sites are about the same. Anyway, I hope this helps someone...

http://www.car-part.com/ :unsure:

Back