Problem with Head Change

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SaintGrimm

Hi, I know this is my first post but seeing as I couldn't find an introduction area I thought I'd get stuck right in.

Currently chaging a headgasket on my 1994 Coupe. At first the job was a water pump (headgasket was pretty new and the previous owner didn't do the water pump when he did it, bad form) so when the waterpump went the overheating has warped the head so I've done the waterpump, got the OEM timing belt + other belts but I'm having trouble getting the head off.

I've removed everything connected to the head from the front and left side. Unbolted the intake manifold but for some reason (something I cannot see I'm guessing) the manifold won't clear the engine screws/bolts. It slides but won't come completely away.

Also I'm having trouble removing the throttle cable. can tell me what's the procedure for getting it off?

Thank you,

~Grimm

There is a bracket that goes from the back of the the block to the underside of the intake manifold that is holding it there.

are you unable to get the throttle cable off its mounting point on the intake mani, or are you talking about the end of it that attaches to the throttle body?

haha good question, i didn't even think of that lol. especially since he said he was seperating the intake manifold from the head. definitely had a brain fart on that one lol.

Hey,

thanks for the notification on the bracket!

I'm removing the intake to get it cleaned up as it's so full of dirt and gunk (can't possibly be a good sign)

Managed to get the throttle cable off and now the intake is off but the weather changed its mind so head it still on :\

Thanks for the replies though!

Always grab some 2x4's a tarp and some nails, works grate for a geto shed :)
Done that more times than I can count.

OP, lemme know if you can't get it off when the weather clears up. I can take pics of every place it's bolted in at for you.

Also, a Haynes manual is like your honda bible when doing this. Is it Haynes or Haines? Idk. Anyway, if you don't have one, get one. It'll make your life sooooo much easier.

Back