Wall street protests

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wall street CEOs lobbied corrupt politicians to steal billions of dollars to keep their ponzi scheme rolling a few years longer.

Yes, they did, but those that did, are not even anywhere close to 1%. The biggest problem I have with this (bowel) "movement" is that they are, for the most part, clueless sloganeering tools. The part of the population that they are rallying against is less than .01%, but they are lumping everyone that is even moderately successful into that same crowd, people like my dad who works his fucking ass off every waking hour of every day to keep our business running so that our employees can pay their bills, and feed our families.

The corporate owned media is doing there best to discredit the movement by focusing your attention onto college age dipshits who don't have a clue. It's working.

All I gotta say about that is that between all the people down there, there's probably more video cameras than my local Best Buy has sold since it opened, I still haven't seen the coherent, unified message on Youtube yet.

There will never be a meaningful change in this country and we'll just keep on sliding into a totalitarian regime of pacified slaves. The brainwashing is too complete. The zeitgeist too perfect. Humanity too stupid. Hold on for the ride.

:rolleyes: Someone that supports a movement that wants to take what people have earned and distribute it to the masses calling others "totalitarian", delicious ironing.

Bottom line:
wall street CEOs lobbied corrupt politicians to steal billions of dollars to keep their ponzi scheme rolling a few years longer. The corporate owned media is doing there best to discredit the movement by focusing your attention onto college age dipshits who don't have a clue. It's working. No one can get behind the movement to stop the corporate oligarchy from extracting wealth from lower classes through a corrupt government and banking system, without being accused of being a lazy hippy who would rather live in his parents basement and collect unemployment than work for a living.
The ASSumptions some of you made just because someone recognizes how thoroughly fucked the system is, and seeks to change it, makes me legitimately disheartened. People are such hollow shells of mealy mouthed bitches, who would rather exist in a system that uses them for evil than to recognize it and speak out against it.
There will never be a meaningful change in this country and we'll just keep on sliding into a totalitarian regime of pacified slaves. The brainwashing is too complete. The zeitgeist too perfect. Humanity too stupid. Hold on for the ride.
And what are you doing besides posting rhetoric on HS?

hiding in his igloo, laughing at us while our shit hits the fan.

Collecting his free Oil check he gets from the state while bitching about not paying for others.

i think that is different. the state PAYS him to allow them to drill his backyard.

You keep referring to very specific points that the movement supposedly has, then you say that they have no coherent message. Which is it?
The movement seeks to redistribute wealth? How do you figure? Because a few college liberals posted a YouTube video?
This whole discussion is bullshit, I make a point that you agree with and you get argumentative because the ows movement disagrees with you yet has no coherency. Maybe they do agree with you?
Maybe it is .1% or. 01%, does that mean everyone should pack up and continue to get fucked over because the cardboard signs are off a decimal place?
The movement may not have coherency, but it can act as a catalyst for meaningful change if you add your voice. The status quo is not sustainable, so either offer up solutions or get out of the way.
And I can appreciate and laugh at the alaska jokes, but if you guys are being serious, then your ignorance is pretty sad. Nice try at malicious discrediting, but once again, just spouting ignorance.

And what are you doing besides posting rhetoric on HS?

I'm posting my opinions. If it's rhetoric then I apologize for not being more original. And what I am doing is refusing to participate in corrupt govt and business practices. It wont make any meaningful difference, but it keeps my conscience clear. What should I be doing?

292010_2289477230538_1057189924_32602203_1174157595_n.jpg

I dunno. Running my own DBA / LLC has been nothing but rewarding for me. Both sides of the employment argument are for shit. Self employed is where it's at.

I'll never go back.

I plan on getting there as soon as I can.

EDIT: And where have you been? Just lurking in the shadows?

I plan on getting there as soon as I can.

EDIT: And where have you been? Just lurking in the shadows?

Sorta. Same as last update : I run my own business (I.T. Consultant and Project Management) I've lost a few contracts this year because 8 of my clients have gone out of business. I've built some up, but not like it was last year. So I work a bit harder at making new contacts and adjusting the plans.

Still married, no kids yet, fumbling in and out of debt. Working on my Subaru when I get the chance, using my Teg as a daily to get me to and from work. Struggling with bills. Been doing more shooting though.

I'm about to start body work on the Teg, and measuring up a new dunebuggy frame for the Ninja motor (Remember ? The bike I totalled at 15mph ?)

I come by occasionally, but I spend just about no time online. Always working on the house, in the garage, or at a client site.

I haven't been keeping up with you guys though.. maybe I should start up a thread ? Yeah. I'll start up a thread.

the sad part is it is true. as long as you aren't a total retard you can stay in the army all your life and have a guaranteed paycheck and place to sleep, all while being much better off than some bleeding heart protester sleeping in the cold and their own feces :)

the sad part is it is true. as long as you aren't a total retard you can stay in the army all your life and have a guaranteed paycheck and place to sleep, all while being much better off than some bleeding heart protester sleeping in the cold and their own feces :)

I dont think he plans on staying in the army forever - says on the note he's going to college on the GI bill.

He or she can go to college while on-duty and then go back to the Army as either a Warrant or an Officer.

Back