Wall street protests

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've been knocked down by a barrage of paintballs that left bleeding welts. And the contrary ideology is communism.

Cant-tell-if-serious-.jpg

Even Crony capitalism...

If you don't like the practices of a company, go somewhere else. If there is nowhere else to go, start your own. Or at least support the start of a competitor.

Capitalism works. (Serious.)

Ok, so I can count on Celerity to not fill his posts full of sarcasm. Thanks. :)

Even Crony capitalism...

If you don't like the practices of a company, go somewhere else. If there is nowhere else to go, start your own. Or at least support the start of a competitor.

Capitalism works. (Serious.)

You are right. It is a two-tiered problem we are in the midst of.

These evil companies are not the ONLY option. However most consumers make choices out of selfish materialistic desires with limited budgets at their disposal, which severely limits the number of alternatives available in any purchasing decision, typically leading people toward the large XYZ evil multi-national baby-eating firm's product.

That's true in large part, but once citizens are required to purchase products, or it's a government agency that's acting as the consumer, that theory doesn't apply and that's why we have so many of the problems we do.

Insurance is really the only product that I can think of that is a "requirement", and as far as I know, car insurance is the only type required by most states, with some "requiring" health insurance...like Taxachusetts...

Insurance is really the only product that I can think of that is a "requirement", and as far as I know, car insurance is the only type required by most states, with some "requiring" health insurance...like Taxachusetts...
You can typically put a $15,000-$25,000 deposit with the DMV to opt out of car insurance.

Liberties and rights are not granted by government, they are taken by individuals. If you're not willing to die for it, you don't own it.

The insurance opt-out requires an escrowed 200 some-odd thousand dollars. It's keeping that minimum level of liability intact. Even in CT, you can do this.

Although I don't know why. If you're the kind of cat who keeps this money around, paying car insurance isn't a stress in your life.

But it affords you a chance to exercise your personal liberties to the fullest extent.

It's a perfect representation of America, really. Rights and liberties, but only to people of particular affluence.

Back