Z28's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 16 2005, 04:54 PM
Show me a supercharged LS powered hatch off the lot and I'll show you a 13 second LT1. ;)

I'm not saying they're all that, but the engine is a damn good engine for what it is.
[post=540897]Quoted post[/post]​

ok whatever....for some reason u jock the LT1 and wont listen to reason. I have been around domestic for a while im not up on them but i know enough to tell u that the LT1 is shit in comparison to the LS1. and when u sho me ur 13 second LT1 ill sho an LS1 going by with no money spent on mods

hehe You missed my entire point.

There is no factory LS hatch with a supercharger... much like there was no 13 second LT1. (at least, not in the BROAD sense... even though there are freak LT1s out there, much like freak high 12 second LS1s).

Anyway, my point is that the LT1 is a great engine and can handle boost, it can be modded. You haven't seen it, but I have. Granted you have been around them, but so have I.

As an example... I used to be on f-bodyhideout.com. A guy named FrostZ28 (I think) had a 93 or 94 Z28 convertible that ran 12s with roughly 1000 invested into the car.

500 spent on a 100 shot of nitrous... remember, LT1s are all iron blocks.
500 spent on purchasing and installing a set of 3.73 gears...

Your hatch is toast.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 16 2005, 06:20 PM

There is no factory LS hatch with a supercharger... much like there was no 13 second LT1. (at least, not in the BROAD sense... even though there are freak LT1s out there, much like freak high 12 second LS1s).

Anyway, my point is that the LT1 is a great engine and can handle boost, it can be modded. You haven't seen it, but I have. Granted you have been around them, but so have I.

As an example... I used to be on f-bodyhideout.com. A guy named FrostZ28 (I think) had a 93 or 94 Z24 convertible that ran 12s with roughly 1000 invested into the car.

Your hatch is toast.
[post=540932]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe u need to be on a domestic swap. but if he had an ls1 with that same money hed be doing 11's. Now as the fact he would beat my hatch give me all the money he spent on car plus mods and ill do 9's and take u out to eat filet migion.

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Aug 16 2005, 09:35 PM-->
@Aug 16 2005, 06:20 PM

As an example... I used to be on f-bodyhideout.com. A guy named FrostZ28 (I think) had a 93 or 94 Z24 convertible that ran 12s with roughly 1000 invested into the car.

Your hatch is toast.
[post=540932]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe u need to be on a domestic swap. but if he had an ls1 with that same money hed be doing 11's. Now as the fact he would beat my hatch give me all the money he spent on car plus mods and ill do 9's and take u out to eat filet migion.
[post=540937]Quoted post[/post]​

Right. The LS1 is a good engine, my point here isn't to say that the LT1 is superior, it's to say that it DOES HAVE POTENTIAL. Much like every engine out there.

I'm on Mustangforums.com, moddedmustangs.com (hell I'm even a moderator o n there... surprise) and as I said I used to be on f-bodyhideout.com. This is where I get my findings from. Where as you're just bashing on the engine without knowing it's potential because some of your friends don't know how to look at an engine, learn about it and modify it properly. Either that or they just can't drive for shit. Either way...

Yes, you may be able to get your car into the nines, but I highly doubt you're going to be able to drive that car home exactly how you ran it down the track legally. Furthermore, you're going to spend an assload of cash getting there.

Where as we could search for and more than likely find hundreds of 9 second LT1s and LS1s with less than 5 grand in modifications total.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 16 2005, 06:51 PM
Yes, you may be able to get your car into the nines, but I highly doubt you're going to be able to drive that car home exactly how you ran it down the track legally. Furthermore, you're going to spend an assload of cash getting there.

Where as we could search for and more than likely find hundreds of 9 second LT1s and LS1s with less than 5 grand in modifications total.
[post=540942]Quoted post[/post]​

A nine second LT1 or LS1 would be just as street legal as a 9 second honda, PERIOD. As for putting 5 grand one of those cars to get it into the 9's very doubtful. 10-11's is easy getting into the 9's consistantly and reliably is another! I think this thread has gotten out of hand and no longer is to the point of what is was meant for. Lshatch916 said a common idea get the car with more horspower than the other, its easier to make it faster or just leave it alone as its fast enough already.

95 LT1 - $6500
'00 LS1 - $14000

That's what is available here and the prices. For $7500 I'll have a rebuilt/new engine and a whole lot more power than buying a 5th gen.

Same thing as why to buy a used '00 Si for $10,000 instead of a new Si for $19,000.

Originally posted by ksrcivic+Aug 16 2005, 10:20 PM-->
@Aug 16 2005, 06:51 PM

A nine second LT1 or LS1 would be just as street legal as a 9 second honda, PERIOD. As for putting 5 grand one of those cars to get it into the 9's very doubtful. 10-11's is easy getting into the 9's consistantly and reliably is another! I think this thread has gotten out of hand and no longer is to the point of what is was meant for. Lshatch916 said a common idea get the car with more horspower than the other, its easier to make it faster or just leave it alone as its fast enough already.
[post=540960]Quoted post[/post]​

LShatch did make a pricing comment... and then proceeded to tell me
give me all the money he spent on car plus mods and ill do 9's and take u out to eat filet migion.

Basically I told Prowler that an LT1 is cheaper, but buying a more expensive LS1 is the better way to go in his eyes.

I told Prowler if he can find an LT1 Z28 for a good price in decent shape then GET IT.

I can believe im arguing about domestic flith in an import forum. :blink: Lets just agree to disagree. IYO u like the LT1 IMO i like the LS1. Its niether of ours money. So Prowler do what ever u feel is nessesary ok. i just one more thing is that pricing for the car right and whatever u do dont buy a mustang!!!!!! oh yeah the LS1 body style looks soooooo much better than the LT1 ok im done :lol:

to hell with a vette buy a NSX an become pimp god of the world or even buy a Supra and "desimate all with overnighted parts from japan"

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+Aug 16 2005, 11:09 PM-->
buy a vette and be done with this fbody crap.....
[post=541009]Quoted post[/post]​

Lshatch916
@Aug 16 2005, 11:11 PM
to hell with a vette buy a NSX an become pimp god of the world or even buy a Supra and "desimate all with overnighted parts from japan"
[post=541012]Quoted post[/post]​

haha and pay way... way more than he's intending on spending in the first place. :)

Originally posted by Lshatch916@Aug 16 2005, 11:18 PM
i know but he would get all he money back in pussy payments
[post=541017]Quoted post[/post]​

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!

pull your head out of your honda-is-god ass

Delete half this thread, or lock it.

Seriously, from the kids who can't construct basic sentences to form logical thoughts, you provide just about the worse arguement possible.

Of course the LS1 is better than the LT1, no one ever said it wasn't. People simply pointed out to you, in your ignorance, that the LT1 can be a very good engine. Its a very strong engine and has more power and displacement than any stock Honda engine. The LT1's sell for so cheap, that its almost idiotic not to buy one at a bargain price if you plan on rebuilding/modding the engine.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 16 2005, 09:59 PM

Seriously, from the kids who can't construct basic sentences to form logical thoughts, you provide just about the worse arguement possible.

Of course the LS1 is better than the LT1, no one ever said it wasn't. People simply pointed out to you, in your ignorance, that the LT1 can be a very good engine. Its a very strong engine and has more power and displacement than any stock Honda engine. The LT1's sell for so cheap, that its almost idiotic not to buy one at a bargain price if you plan on rebuilding/modding the engine.
[post=541067]Quoted post[/post]​

Jesus, calm down people its a thread on the internet! Some people don't know how to let it die, if you couldn't tell by lshatchs' last comment he was being funny. this is why i hate posting on this site most of the time.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Aug 16 2005, 07:46 PM-->
Originally posted by ksrcivic@Aug 16 2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 16 2005, 06:51 PM

give me all the money he spent on car plus mods and ill do 9's and take u out to eat filet migion.

Basically I told Prowler that an LT1 is cheaper, but buying a more expensive LS1 is the better way to go in his eyes.

I told Prowler if he can find an LT1 Z28 for a good price in decent shape then GET IT.
[post=540982]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok look, for the money that your gonna spend to get in the 13-12 second range, why not buy the LS1 thats already there, but thats just a matter of opinion, but if he's not gonna mod it than buy the LT1 then. Fuck it! Do whatever! Its not that serious. I thought that this had been settled with the whole "agree to disagree" thing?

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 16 2005, 09:32 PM
Lshatch916
@Aug 16 2005, 11:18 PM
i know but he would get all he money back in pussy payments
[post=541017]Quoted post[/post]​

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!

pull your head out of your honda-is-god ass
[post=541052]Quoted post[/post]​

Are u serious???? You come to a honda forum and get mad cause some think higher of an NSX or a Supra than a Corvette:blink:? Would you have felt better if i threw in a Skyline or an S15 or S14? Fuck people calm down! People in this get all hyped up if u have a different opinion than theirs. Shit...its a fucking joke asshole calm down. :wtf:

Originally posted by ksrcivic+Aug 16 2005, 10:09 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Aug 16 2005, 09:59 PM

Of course the LS1 is better than the LT1, no one ever said it wasn't.  People simply pointed out to you, in your ignorance, that the LT1 can be a very good engine.  Its a very strong engine and has more power and displacement than any stock Honda engine.  The LT1's sell for so cheap, that its almost idiotic not to buy one at a bargain price if you plan on rebuilding/modding the engine.
[post=541067]Quoted post[/post]​

Jesus, calm down people its a thread on the internet! Some people don't know how to let it die, if you couldn't tell by lshatchs' last comment he was being funny. this is why i hate posting on this site most of the time.
[post=541069]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

DOn't get a 93, as they were the first year for that body style so they have a good amount of problems. My buddy just threw around 1500 bucks to get all the electricAL PROBLEMS "FIXED" and it still has a hard time starting...

he has had
3 fuel pumps
2 new ecus because a shorted wire kept frying them
leaky transmission pan
still has
small oil leak
hard time starting. It's something with the fuel pressure.
The car only has 77k miles on it.
And it's a pig on gas.

He lifted the car to get under it with a jack and the door looks misaligned. Yes he did lifted at the right lift point.

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Aug 17 2005, 01:20 AM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 16 2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ksrcivic@Aug 16 2005, 10:20 PM
2000Si
@Aug 16 2005, 06:51 PM

[post=540982]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok look, for the money that your gonna spend to get in the 13-12 second range, why not buy the LS1 thats already there, but thats just a matter of opinion, but if he's not gonna mod it than buy the LT1 then. Fuck it! Do whatever! Its not that serious. I thought that this had been settled with the whole "agree to disagree" thing?
[post=541074]Quoted post[/post]​

I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT!!!!!! :p

The price difference from buying a 93-97 LT1 to buying a 98-02 LS1 is going to me MORE than what he's going to spend on the LT1 to put it into the 12s.

Why is this hard to figure out?

oh and ksrCivic;

I apologize for not being able to discern sarcasm from serious tone through TEXT on the internet while talking to someone who's been arguing with me for an entire page now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back