1980 2nd gen civic b16 swap

how do you like the bigger cvcc motor?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanx guys for the up post
still gatta wait for tags but ya i did a test drive no plates lol
lol funny stuff there classic plates lol im ok to do classic and only pay 1 time for tags but limit driving it by a lill gatta love the cvcc
my old man has ( dad) has a 67 merc caliente 390 bore 30 over posi rear new motor 60 miles on i,t i took him for a ride up the streat and he said he didn't wanna race my cvcc( but ill get him to do it lol ) note i only went through 1st and 2nd yes with vtec and now he said no. i told him its a 390 torque on that is a kick. but ill do a vid on this race just wait.

( note ) the first gen civic will pass for the classic plates
and will be less on $$$ look into it klyph....

im doing the first run with the cvcc august 31 woodburn drags all day should be fun i worked my butt off trying to get it ready it will be there ill post vids and time.

right now doing the body work and white primer befor the track lol
on top of that one it looked like crap befor its only ganna be
flat white i like it flat i might change it later

So today.....August 31st, 2007, I finally got to run the car at the drag strip. It runs awesome.

The best time for today was 13.94 at 95.67 mph.
It ran straight and gripped to the track, like you could belive.

Now the car wasn't running all that great, it would spudder until I hit 3500 rpm, for the most part it was running low 14's for the issues it was having.

R/T was going about .52 to the lowest of .041

The video and time slip will be up loaded ASAP I know ya'll want to see it!

klyph........You're going to have some fun with your rocket

Fuckin Awesome Bro! That's damn quick for having sputtering issues :shocked:

Great work, with a little fine tuning, you should be able to run low 13's on a bone stock B16, that's VERY impressive.

hell yea, i wish i had one, id make it ugly as hell and whoop these dumbass " tuner kids " we have around here lmao make em feel dumb...........then take their girl :) lol

yea see! just like that, i bet the crx felt dumb as hell.

17 is weak for a crx anyways, had a 91 si with sohc zc non vtec and ran 15.3 ,that was before i did anything to it

This is one very sweet ride. mad props to you bro!! I'm pretty sure you very happy when you past the quarter mile without any of the custom parts going wrong. MAD PROPS YO!!:thumbsup:

That thing launches pretty hard on those slicks.
Care to post up your time slip?
I'm curious about your 60' times

i have noo prob with posting the time slip lol just gatta get to a scanner ill do it this week at shutterbug,
ya it it hits hard at start
the 6 puck clutch and slicks did it i can feel it
i found that we have about the same torque and get ready for a 4th mount !!!a torque mount for the motor just wait
you will love it
just get ready to make it and the bushings on the if you have one sway bar, and lower cont. arm needs better bushing stiffer if you might...
and your ganna have lift in front bad like mine w/ torque lol
oh !!and get it done gatta see the vids of you running it on road fun bud fun!

ettimein.jpg

just think this one sucked at R/T if i did the one .041 that would kick but were not all perfect and could not hear the cvcc motor at all with the V8's rumble like i said the muskrat was fast ass hell!

That's a very impressive slip, for a second I was reading the left side and was ZOMG WTF! but the right side looks good too :thumbsup:

Now you got me questioning my mounts :(

Back