A Prelude Problem!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JB-LudeSI

My '89 Prelude has a stock B20A-5 2.0L engine, I need more raw power. So I've decided i'd probably biuld a new engine. I would like to know if it is possible to biuld an engine using a B-series block & head, such as a B20B/B18C. And install an H22A crankshaft, Type-S pistons, rods, ect. (after the bores have been made, and if needed new sleeves to be installed). If I could bore it that big?

My stock B20A-5 from what I think I remmember produce's 140hp at 5500rpm and 135lb-tq at 5500rpm. The soul reason of me choosing the B20B/B18C block & head compared to the H22A, is becouse at high boost levels, the thinner cylinder liners are not able to take the pressure of a turbocharged system, which is what I plan to do later on. So what I would like to know is, everything im saying or somthing like this possible? And if so how much would all this cost compared to just buying a front clip of a Prelude on ebay, and just swaping the two engine's & tranny's.

Back