house shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

another thing B... What temp do you like to keep your house at? If its anything about 65, DO NOT get a house with electric heat... It will cost you HUNDREDS a month to heat.

I have Oil furnace Hot Water Baseboard Heat, and when I moved in in late Feb, I spent $380 to fill the 300 gallon tank. I have about 1/3 left now, and I also have Gas Hot Water.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 19 2005, 07:27 PM
another thing B... What temp do you like to keep your house at? If its anything about 65, DO NOT get a house with electric heat... It will cost you HUNDREDS a month to heat.

I have Oil furnace Hot Water Baseboard Heat, and when I moved in in late Feb, I spent $380 to fill the 300 gallon tank. I have about 1/3 left now, and I also have Gas Hot Water.
[post=514058]Quoted post[/post]​

my house is usually around 55. lol ask E. he ahd to leave once cuz it was too damn cold.

i live in the basement right now, and there is no heat in my room.. i get by just fine.

just lookin out for you... A guy i work with has a 2k sq ft raised ranch, and his mother in law always leaves the temp at 74-75 all winter long, and with electric heat, it costs him $400-$500/mo in electric bills.

and meriden's mill rate is close to 38, so the taxes will be more as well.

just drove by this one: http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1046647881

nice ass house. steve, thats in your old neighborhood by the pits.

nice flat lot lawn was well-cut and the overall house looked to be in real good shape.

the only down side, is that they had a POD in the driveway.... so there's a good chance its already sold if they're pakin up already...

lmao, thats my ex- gf's old house on Boivin Road, that house has changed so much, the garage for instance, used to be her room, it was a garage, then switched over to an in-law apt, now back to a garage...

Last edited:
Its older but obviously had been renovated. I recollect the pool out back but it does butt up to Manchester's Garage so it could be noisy sometimes (constr. equip) etc.

Back