Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn looks better than i thought since no paint booth... but damn good for a diy!:eek:

yea you can see the blue in the pictures on the edges of the body. Looks like you needed a tri-pod haha..... and i like your ghetto condom on the tail pipe. now hurry and get that t4 beast in there... and the rest of course it may help>.>. and immediately trailer it over. remember i get first drive. roflopagus..
First drive!? Bahah, u mean first drive besides me :ph34r:

damn looks better than i thought since no paint booth... but damn good for a diy!:eek:

Yea it is gonna cut/buff out nicely, thanks

Update:
Flywheel is getting turned and new bearing pressed in, so the engine/tranny should be back together tonight. If I get time I'm gonna drop it in the car as well. We'll see though.

New pics..

100_0677.jpg

100_0678.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0684.jpg

100_0685.jpg

100_0686.jpg

I've seen better looking shits....

.... But I have a goose that lays golden eggs. That's hard to beat. Looks amazing man.

That is one thing about cars that I love. Sometimes it takes a long time to get where you wanna be with the car but all the while the suspense builds so when you finally get done its like the best feeling in the world. I'm gettin pretty excited about my T/A not to much more is needed for it to be driveable.

I like how the upper part of the qp looks like black woodgrain, because of the angle of the shot corresponding to the house and the ek. that is real cool.

paint is looking damn good there in the sun! :eek:

put mf handles and those slim trims and the gas cap on,
cant wait to see the car complete!

I like how the upper part of the qp looks like black woodgrain, because of the angle of the shot corresponding to the house and the ek. that is real cool.

paint is looking damn good there in the sun! :eek:

put mf handles and those slim trims and the gas cap on,
cant wait to see the car complete!

Yes its getting some EX rear handles that don't have keyholes. The mirrors are getting painted, but I am not going to paint the slim moldings.. I think it would look kinda strange. But yeah, it should be back together soon, thanks for the kind words :)
Looks very nice, I can only pray mine will come out half as good when I paint it. Good job (^.^ )/
Thanks man! Yeah its not too bad if you just focus on prep work, and the little things like keeping the car clean in between coats. Also very important to keep your workspace as clean as possible.
omg thats beautiful
Thanks bro, I'm pretty happy with it. We'll see what it looks like after I cut and buff it :thumbsup:

Just letting everyone know whats going on right now.. Going to get my flywheel here in a second, and also picking up the stuff to buff the car. I went over most of it with 1200 last night, so today is going to be buffing it out and seeing what I've got.

Thanks for looking.

Just picked up the flywheel. Last two ARP studs are here. All I need is a headgasket, and some new cam seals.

Now I've got two projects again:
-Finish the paint
-Get the car mechanically sound

... Shit lol

questions...
what are you doing for cam seals??
and what is cutting??

I'm not quite sure on the cam seals. I was looking at these:
eBay Motors: SKUNK2 CAM SEAL INTEGRA CIVIC B18C B16A H22A B18 (item 110294538460 end time Oct-29-08 17:49:57 PDT)
Cutting is wetsanding the clearcoat in a sense. You use extremely fine sandpaper and water to keep the paper clean. I am using 1200, then 1500, then 2000. Then I'll buff the whole car with buffing compound, 2 grades of that as well.

Updates:
Forgot to take pics, but I did get alot done tonight. Engine/tranny are mated, new clutch in, new throwout bearing, some accessories attached, motor mounts are in the car waiting for the powerplant which may be going in tomorrow :ph34r:

A lil update for everyone.. I got the wireless internet to work way out in my shop thank god.

Anyway, I'm just working on getting some loose ends together before I drop the motor back in tonight. After I get the misc stuff worked out, I'll sand the car with 2000 then buff it out, and the accessories can start going back on the outside.

I decided against painted moldings. I'm only going to paint the mirrors, front & rear lips, and the rear license plate tray thingy.

Awesome man, you work fast.

Not to jack but I'm going to ^^/. What direction do you go when you wet sand the clear? I have to paint a hood for my EF (I'm not going to get carbon till spring) and I want it to look half decent. I wasn't sure if I should just do it in a swirl type motion or what.

im gonna guess in circles,but im not 100% sure
kinda like wax on,wax off

Awesome man, you work fast.

Not to jack but I'm going to ^^/. What direction do you go when you wet sand the clear? I have to paint a hood for my EF (I'm not going to get carbon till spring) and I want it to look half decent. I wasn't sure if I should just do it in a swirl type motion or what.
You want to keep it going all in the same direction typically. But honestly, it shouldnt really matter because if those marks show through the paint, you haven't done something right.

Are you planning on doing any sanding before the clearcoat?
im gonna guess in circles,but im not 100% sure
kinda like wax on,wax off
LOL, well you were close, Mr. Miagi :D

You want to keep it going all in the same direction typically. But honestly, it shouldnt really matter because if those marks show through the paint, you haven't done something right.

Are you planning on doing any sanding before the clearcoat?

LOL, well you were close, Mr. Miagi :D

Yeah, I had figured it was sand/filler/etc>primer>sand>paint>sand>clear
>sand... haha

Yeah, I had figured it was sand/filler/etc>primer>sand>paint>sand>clear
>sand... haha

Yep, in that case you want to keep the sanding going in one direction if possible. Granted, there are spots where you will have to switch the direction. It just makes it easier to spot sanding marks and low spots. Also get some guide coat, it works great. Oh, and when you go to sand the clear, start with 1500 grit then jump to 2000. Thats the best way to do it I've found. Especially because you're only doing the hood. You won't get tired so fast lol.

Update on my progress:

The engine is in and mounted up. The correct head is still not on, but that will be done when I get a headgasket and valvecover gasket. I also still need a timing belt and such, but I'll get to that stuff later.

One big problem I ran into: There's no room for my downpipe. Fucking ebay manifolds, I'm either going to have to mod this one, or possibly get a different one. They also put the wastegate flange on the radiator side (fucking idiots) so you cant even fit the wastegate on. Thats going to have to be addressed as well. Other than those two problems, things went smoothly. Avid mounts are definitely worth the money, they were very easy to install and the hardware was great. I'll update with pics and more detail tomorrow after class.

Back