Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My only question was the stock sleeves, but you answered that. Sounds naasty.

Your car is going to be so damn sexy when you're finished with it.
I hope so man, I've put waaayy too much time and effort into it. But, its all coming together now! You need to get a swap in your car, it really drives you to do more, and do it right.

My only question was the stock sleeves, but you answered that. Sounds naasty.
Yeah I was going to do it before, but I really need to be able to drive this car for a few weeks here. I have to get a new engine in the Volvo before winter rolls around. Sleeved block will be coming this winter :ph34r:

I hope so man, I've put waaayy too much time and effort into it. But, its all coming together now! You need to get a swap in your car, it really drives you to do more, and do it right.

I would but I just don't have enough money to do it the way I want to right now. I'll probably end up doing the swap after I go to bootcamp and tech school. So next winterish. I'm thinking that I might even swap a b18c5 in and build it for road racing. I'll do more research and see if anyone is running a boosted gsr road racing though, I can imagine you don't want too much power though for the track.

Or maybe by then I might just go with an S2k or a used EVO and swap a z6 in my Civic and just use it as a daily. Who knows, only time will tell. I'd really like awd for our winters though, my Civic's handling sucks when it's wet out. It pushes so bad.

I would but I just don't have enough money to do it the way I want to right now. I'll probably end up doing the swap after I go to bootcamp and tech school. So next winterish. I'm thinking that I might even swap a b18c5 in and build it for road racing. I'll do more research and see if anyone is running a boosted gsr road racing though, I can imagine you don't want too much power though for the track.

Or maybe by then I might just go with an S2k or a used EVO and swap a z6 in my Civic and just use it as a daily. Who knows, only time will tell. I'd really like awd for our winters though, my Civic's handling sucks when it's wet out. It pushes so bad.

Yeah man I see your point there. No matter how much you soak into the suspension and traction parts for a Civic, its still FWD. Can't really change that ya know.

I want an Evo as well. I'm going to be buying one when I get out of college. I have always wanted one soo bad. I want an Evo 8 though. Not the new ones, I don't really like em.

Yeah man I see your point there. No matter how much you soak into the suspension and traction parts for a Civic, its still FWD. Can't really change that ya know.

I want an Evo as well. I'm going to be buying one when I get out of college. I have always wanted one soo bad. I want an Evo 8 though. Not the new ones, I don't really like em.

Yea me too. My friend had an Evo 8 MR before he traded it in on an 08' Vette, it was really nice. I'm also not a fan of the new ones, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Evo X, still, I don't think they make it with a 6 speed manual.

Yea me too. My friend had an Evo 8 MR before he traded it in on an 08' Vette, it was really nice. I'm also not a fan of the new ones, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Evo X, still, I don't think they make it with a 6 speed manual.
No 6 speed? That turns me away from the Evo X even more. Yuck. I've also heard good things about them mechanically, but nothing really too impressive aesthetically. They are starting to look like every other car on the road.

Here are the updates for tonight.. This is with the basecoat on. It looks pretty damn good! I tried to get some pics of the color in detail, but its kinda hard when youre trying to do it and take pics at the same time. Anyway, I'll start off with the preparation for the basecoat. First thing that had to happen was 1200 grit scuff on the car, just to knock a couple spots flat.

Pics of that process:

100_0633.jpg

Sicknasty bumps that were harassing me:

100_0635.jpg

100_0636.jpg

Then it was time to lay some base down. I got a couple pics in here during the process. Check out how hazy the shop got! This is why we werent able to lay the clearcoat down in the same night. :thumbsdown: to not having a damn spray booth!

Pics of that: (and yes I did write "EPIC!" in tape on the hatch.. kiss my ass lmao)

100_0637.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0641.jpg

100_0642.jpg

100_0643.jpg

100_0647.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0649.jpg

100_0650.jpg

Check out the "Shaved Regions" of my biotch!

100_0644.jpg

100_0645.jpg

And a shot of my goofy ass while we were doin this whole thing:

100_0646.jpg

And finally, the postman was kind to me and delivered these little guys:

100_0651.jpg

:thumbsup: Finally some decent progress eh! More pics tomorrow when I get off work.

Last edited:
Looks awesome man :thumbsup: Mind me asking what part of Washington you're from? I'm up here in Marysville.

Looks good man. Also i would like to take note that the car is that smooth due to the efforts of me... no i fucked it up more then helped i think !! but learned a bit lol... since i can't drive to your house guess ill follow this!!!

Doing good since i last seen it!

damn looks good..should opened the garage door an pointed a fan facing out..woulda cleared up that haze..cant wait to see it all done

Looks awesome man :thumbsup: Mind me asking what part of Washington you're from? I'm up here in Marysville.
I'm located in Spokane.. Marysville isnt too far actually

damn that looks like the same color i painted me wheels...

car looks good dude.
Thanks man!
Looks good man. Also i would like to take note that the car is that smooth due to the efforts of me... no i fucked it up more then helped i think !! but learned a bit lol... since i can't drive to your house guess ill follow this!!!

Doing good since i last seen it!
Hahahhaa chad, never thought u'd get registered on here. You better be doin some shopping while ur on here :ph34r:
damn looks good..should opened the garage door an pointed a fan facing out..woulda cleared up that haze..cant wait to see it all done
Only problem with that is the bugs would get in, and paint kills bugs,, they fall and get in the paint. lol

Also.. Clearcoat going on in like 30 min or so, which means I'll be able to start putting this ish back together this week :thumbsup:

Damn man i need you help with my accord. I wanna paint it but im scared i wont be happy with my job after im done. lol

Lol, only about 300ish miles, quite pretty long drive in my opinion.

Yea that sucks. I hate bugs when you're trying to paint.

Haha, hell man 300 miles isn't that much. Next summer I'm planning on driving to Seattle for the H-T meet, just to see some cars. You go to any meets?

Damn man i need you help with my accord. I wanna paint it but im scared i wont be happy with my job after im done. lol

Haha, well I can tell you one thing, I will be at least setting up a makeshift spray booth next time I do any of this. I have alot of wetsanding to do because of it.

Pics in a few minutes when the shop clears out. It was so hazy in there that I could barely see the other side of the shop. :ph34r:

Glad you asked Injen ;) here's the clearcoat BEFORE cutting/buffing
and keep in mind we did not use a spray booth. I know its not perfect, but I'm satisfied. The cutting/buffing should get it lookin good.
Also, its cold out, so my pics aren't the greatest. I was shaking a bit so some are blurry :ph34r:

100_0659.jpg

Pretty straight!
100_0660.jpg

100_0661.jpg

100_0663.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0666.jpg

LOL, my dad and I.. well our reflection at least
100_0670.jpg

100_0671.jpg

Shaved antenna

100_0672.jpg

Fenders.. notice the little dust specs.. those will come out

100_0673.jpg

100_0674.jpg

Fuel door
100_0675.jpg

Spoiler
100_0676.jpg

The color is really cool. It goes midnight blue in the light. Its kind of hard to see though since its dark out. I'll get some more pics tomorrow when I'm able to take decent ones :p maybe I'll even break out the tripod :ph34r:

yea you can see the blue in the pictures on the edges of the body. Looks like you needed a tri-pod haha..... and i like your ghetto condom on the tail pipe. now hurry and get that t4 beast in there... and the rest of course it may help>.>. and immediately trailer it over. remember i get first drive. roflopagus..

Back