New to site: 1997 ej8 turbo build thread ***custom gauge holder***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is a quality build. Thanks for sharing it with us man!

Very nice!

What catch can is that? I like the location, I want the same.

looks custom.

besides, dont you need something with 1qt capacity?

tell that to the NASA CCR

11.4.4​
Engine Bay

There should be no significant fluid leaks from the engine, radiator, or hoses. A radiator overflow of at least
one-liter capacity should be used. Oil breathers or vents shall return the oil to the engine or should terminate in
a catch tank of at least one-liter. All hoses carrying fluids should be in good condition with no cracks or other​
damage.

My catch can setup does not return the oil to the oil pan, it terminates in the catch can. It's a custom setup and should hold more than a liter of oil. Going with -10 lines cuts down on oil transferring to the catch can

Got some more photos enjoy

DSC_5344_zps7957ac66.jpg

DSC_5343_zps4e6b6a2d.jpg

DSC_5338_zps3ffc4df2.jpg

DSC_5337_zps48e080ad.jpg

Check out my kicks yo!!

DSC_5336_zps0efe8adc.jpg

DSC_5327_zps8888fba8.jpg

DSC_5324_zpsac440900.jpg

DSC_5323_zps4428cc06.jpg

DSC_5321_zpsdda25567.jpg

DSC_5312_zps81686a32.jpg

DSC_5309_zps39d9cc79.jpg

DSC_5307_zpsc952528f.jpg

DSC_5306_zps025c9a43.jpg

What power gains did you see switching to the Skunk2 cams? I am impressed with your level of detail. You definitely know your way around a body shop too. The only thing I don't care for is the carbon fiber wrap on the steering column covers.

Last edited:
What power gains did you see switching to the Skunk2 cams? I am impressed with your level of detail. You definitely know your way around a body shop too. The only thing I don't care for is the carbon fiber wrap on the steering column covers.

Well I haven't been to the dyno yet, but there has been some comparisons between the pro1 and type r cams and gains of 60hp + were seen. I had gsr cams in so I'm hoping for some nice numbers. Even without the better numbers the car drives much better, faster spool up and take off. My favorite part is the idle though. I should be able to hit my power goals with less boost because of these cams.

I used to be in the Honda game pretty hard about 8 years ago, back in its hayday! I just missed it. Hopefully you will see more of the car here soon. I'm actually going to be coming out with a automotive lifestyle brand that I think everyone will like. Will post more on that later though. Thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it.

Sorry I haven't updated the thread in a while but I've been very busy at work. Anyway I have one week until Import Alliance is here so it's crunch time. I will have TONS of updates over the next week!! Right now I'm in the paint booth so I need to get off of here and go shoot my first coat of clear coat on the parts I just painted!! Stay tuned!!

Ok got a few updates. Got a lot of work done between yesterday and today. Well before I get to that of course I don't have much time before Import Alliance and the Welcome to Atlanta Show at Mainstream Performance next weekend so I've been pretty hard at it. I have several parts on order that should all be here by the middle of next week. Everything was going smoothly until while pulling into the gas station I ripped my front lip most of the way off and drove all the way home like that. Don't ask why I didn't check the front end after I heard the scrape.....oh well. So because the lip was messed up I decided to get a BYS Replica front bumper. To save some people from catching a period, I'm not putting a $1,300.00 front bumper on a car that is worth $2,000.00. It just doesn't make any type of sense, no offense or anything to the people that have bought the authentic one. Plus I'll just end up tearing it up anyway as I drive my car. So instead of my bumper having the sticker that says Backyard Special, I'm going to get some stickers made that will either say "Frontyard Special" or Yard Sale Special" haha. Here are some of the parts that I ordered:

BYS Replica front bumper
Window Visors
Wink Mirror
Sunroof Visor
Rear Window Roof Visor
Suede Shift Boot
Suede Arm rests
10lb Wastegate Spring
Ep3 rear disc brakes

Yesterday I was able to get a lot of parts prepped, painted and installed on the car:

Rear bumper
Side skirts
Door trim
License plate housing
Gas door
Grille

Parts that are prepped and waiting for me to get back to shoot some base coat on:

More door trim
Side view mirrors
Rear bumper lip

And that will be it as far as painting, on to some pics!

So after the last items are painted and cleared later tonight all body and paint work will be done, I will post final pics. Then on to tomorrow which will be dedicated to the interior.

Back