Sears AND Kenmore rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The washer/dryer I bought were Kenmore, not Whirlpool. *for recked*
i'm pretty sure they're the same thing with a different dress
not sure on your specific model, but whirlpool makes kenmore

The new Kenmore's are obd2. I supercharged me dryer and now my clothes dry in 5 minutes@ 8,500 rpms. I cant wait till the twin turbo models come out, I'd get it tuned by Veilside! Maybe they will sponsor my washer too!:D

View attachment 7172

Last edited:
2100 for a washer and drier...ludicrous i tell you. I spent 800 on mine and had them for a year and a half with no issues. *knock on wood*

I paid 100 bucks for my grandmothers washing machine and had it 3 years with no problems. I paid 100 bucks for the fridge, worked for 3 years then started leaking, just got an amana for 100 bucks and worked for like 3 days then the ice maker broke, few months later the door started poppin itself open, still having that problem, I may go out and just get another fridge.

I won't pay much for appliances, and my grandmother doesn't like to chip in, she'll just go without.

I get a good laugh but not like that, damn, he needs some ritalin.

Update:

So friday the tech comes out. After about an hour he determines the motor control unit is broke. He quote us, get ready....

$525 installed!!! :lmao:

I told my wife to giggle and say NO THANKS. The guy gave her the part number, showed her where it is and said its easy to DIY. He leaves, we go online and find the part for $150. She looks at the quote, sears charges $350 for the part. Typical dealer shit we think right? WRONG. We go on the sears site where you can buy replacement parts right from them. The part on their own site is $110 LESS then what the guy quoted us!! Fucking bullshit!! So to have Sears fix it wouldve been the 75 for that day, then another 75 for a house call because he didnt have the part PLUS the 525 for the part installed. You have that right, 675 to fix it (with sears). The washer is 1k new, this is just nuts!! 1 year later, 700 more please :(

I had a washer and dryer for 5 years, bought em used, old as the hills, never had a problem with them, sold them and made money on the deal.

Then I bought an over/under washer dryer and purposely avoided any digital anything. Digital + washer and dryer is asking for trouble. Anyhow, we're 3 years into that one and its perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Back