Sears AND Kenmore rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mom sells vacuums and mattresses for sears, aunt sells washers dryers, stoves, fridges.
they've been selling them for years.
Kmart bought sears.

No one ever listens to me.

K-Mart did not buy Sears. K-mart can not even buy a prayer. The investment group that owns the already dying K-Mart bought Sears and is using K-Mart as a clearing house for all the shit that Sears can not sell

To reiterate, KMart may have bought sears on paper, but really, billionaire investor Eddie Lampert bought Sears using the 53% controlling stake he purchased during Kmart's bankruptcy proceedings. Also, it is technically a merger, and not an outright acquisition. So, although on paper Kmart was the majority purchaser of Sears Holdings, it was not some deal crafted by KMart's slick and savvy management. It was a cash grab by a smart investor who is using the respective companies as vessels for further capital growth.

ok i don't wanna hear about who bought who any more. it's irrelevant. this guy's getting raped by the system, whoever owns it. what are we going to do about it?? i'm advocating some power of many activity.

T&A, post up the model#s, any contact info you have, and i will call, email, survey, product review, and anydamnthingelse i can think of whenever the urge hits me (like now, when i can't sleep). if everyone in this thread did something like contact sears and threaten terrible product and customer service reviews we'd at least get the satisfaction of it, and maybe even cause an attitude change.

:shrug2: what you're goin through just isn't right, dude.

Still going on! In fact it's gotten worse still :(

After calling a dozen or so times and being told I would get a call back within 24 hrs 3 seperate times, I never got that call back. I came home from work to find the DRYER isn't working now to top it all off :( :( :(

So I search online and found something's to try, sure enough they worked and the dryer is ok, phew.....

I then call Sears to find out what the deal is with this washer repair. Its been 2 weeks since the 24hr call back, COME ON!!! I called over a dozen times last night and kept getting either hung up on, redirected to another rep or even started the call over with the first menu. They would NOT give me a supervisor/manager and I was getting nowhere with the people they hire to answer the phone.

Finally the wife was fed up and tried herself. She must've had THAT tone because she was transferred to the supervisor almost right away! She explains the story for the 20th time now to this lady. This lady says hold a sec, I said oh great here we go again, but she then connects us to a head head manager. I picked up to talk to this guy. AGAIN explained the story. He comes back with this:

WELL, the problem I see here is that you repaired it yourself. Since you declined our repair and took it upon yourself to fix it, you are on your own.

I said Sir, we looked up your estimate immediately and found you were overcharging me by $100 on your own part.

He says, that must have labor included.

I said, NO, if you look on the estimate theres another charge for 149.95 for the labor.

He says, WELL THIS IS A NON-ISSUE SIR, the only thing that matters is you touched it and now you are out.

He then makes a comment about new cars and warranty's. He asks where I bring my car, I said right into my driveway :lol: He goes, well then the warranty is void, I said UH NO, quite the oppositte. I can change my fluids and filters and STILL get warranty service. I had warranty service done on my Matrix AFTER it was turbo'd, so thats a BS excuse!!

He says well sir, I dont know what else to say.

I then said, lemme get this straight now. In order to get GOOD service that you actually stand behind I HAVE to overpay??

He says, thats not what I said exactly. I said, but thats what it is Sir. Ive showed you the facts and this is your reasoning for not coming to look at it for free. I would have to overpay to get good service, correct? He says well based on those facts, yes. I then asked for his name, ID #, xt # etc... I said Sir, I believe thats VERY illegal have a nice night....

Calling my attorney, this is BULLSHIT!

my mom has a kenmore refrigidator
her 5 year warranty went out 2 weeks ago
guess what shit the bed?
she came home to water all over the floor because all the ice melted, and all her food was ruined

fuck kenmore

my mom has a kenmore refrigidator
her 5 year warranty went out 2 weeks ago
guess what shit the bed?
she came home to water all over the floor because all the ice melted, and all her food was ruined

fuck kenmore

That's because they've got clocks in them now.

maam, im sorry I didnt realize it was a She :) Sorry!!

Im still trying to get the Offical Model number for the washer. The model is a Kenmore HE2T washer/dryer

^:lol: Sorry to hear about the fridge :( We're cutting our loss and buying a new washer. Im going to rip the electronics out of this one and part it out. Wow, that sounds weird...:lmao:

They may not actually have clocks but the concept of planned obsolescence has been in effect for decades. Why do you think older American cars rarely made it past 100k? They were engineered to last about that long. Then the Japanese pioneered a novel concept involving long lasting reliable vehicles. You know how the story goes form there. Maybe the moral is to buy Samsung appliances!

^:lol: Sorry to hear about the fridge :( We're cutting our loss and buying a new washer. Im going to rip the electronics out of this one and part it out. Wow, that sounds weird...:lmao:
oh wow. see me - i'd totally take a hack saw to it and then send it in 3" squares once a week to the shithead guy you last spoke to. no return address. oh even better, have people from all over the country send him the pieces. that could last for...at least 6 months what with the size of your average washing machine.

:cool:

also - thanks to you and this story, i will NEVER buy new from sears/kenmore whoever they are again. used, sure - they don't see a dime from that. and used means someone else worked the kinks out.

If you have a sears card mail it to them in pieces saying why you are canceling it. A coworker of mine did that after he got sued by one of their delivery guys who fell in the road but landed in his yard. They gave him a $500 gift card. He cut that up and sent it back to them, lol.

I just gutted a scrapped Kenmore dryer for its ac motor and other random parts. It was well built, then again it was like 10+ years old. Everything has become quick to dispose of today.

Back