Sears AND Kenmore rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We have old really nice ones with digital displays. Probably 7 years old. Never a problem. They were about 3k new though. I think they're the Neptune or something alike.

So I called Sears to complain about the service guy raising the price of his own part. She says to me, well if you know where to get it cheaper just get it there.....I said, so everytime you come to service something I need to check your OWN prices to make sure youre not ripping me off? She tells me "Thats the price the technician sees when he looks up the part in his computer". I said, ma'am Im able to look up the same part on YOUR website and get it for $100 cheaper. That is not right. I asked her to refund my service charge since this part that broke is not a wear item. I told her it was about half the price of the new part and that is MORE then fair. She laughed and said we will not do that, you are out of warranty. I said to her, if this was the motor or something that maybe we overworked or overloaded I would understand. This is an electronic part that just failed, splitting the cost seems like a fair deal. She just said thanks for calling sears and have a nice day.

I goto the Kenmore site to try and get a corporate number from them, maybe they will stand behind their product....NO. When I lookup the contact info it brings me to the Sears site LOL! Sears is Kenmore...Needless to say, when I called that number the lady said Kenmore but I asked if she was in the same office as the Sears people and she said yes. :lol: Basically Im out $80 for the service call and now $180 for the part to fix my 1K washer :(

you know kmart bought sears........

K-Mart did not buy Sears. K-mart can not even buy a prayer. The investment group that owns the already dying K-Mart bought Sears and is using K-Mart as a clearing house for all the shit that Sears can not sell, which is basically going to end up being everything. They are already doing it with Craftsman (shit) tools.

So I called Sears to complain about the service guy raising the price of his own part. She says to me, well if you know where to get it cheaper just get it there.....I said, so everytime you come to service something I need to check your OWN prices to make sure youre not ripping me off? She tells me "Thats the price the technician sees when he looks up the part in his computer". I said, ma'am Im able to look up the same part on YOUR website and get it for $100 cheaper. That is not right. I asked her to refund my service charge since this part that broke is not a wear item. I told her it was about half the price of the new part and that is MORE then fair. She laughed and said we will not do that, you are out of warranty. I said to her, if this was the motor or something that maybe we overworked or overloaded I would understand. This is an electronic part that just failed, splitting the cost seems like a fair deal. She just said thanks for calling sears and have a nice day.

I goto the Kenmore site to try and get a corporate number from them, maybe they will stand behind their product....NO. When I lookup the contact info it brings me to the Sears site LOL! Sears is Kenmore...Needless to say, when I called that number the lady said Kenmore but I asked if she was in the same office as the Sears people and she said yes. :lol: Basically Im out $80 for the service call and now $180 for the part to fix my 1K washer :(

The moral for everyone is to avoid Sears. Have you been in a Sears lately? It is a ghost town. Sears is in the rare position of standing around and watching its' own death. Sears has 5-10 years before it is a memory. Their products and services are being slowly phased out and the entire thing will be sold off for what little it's worth. Everyone that works there knows this. It is public information. How hard are you going to work if you know that you are employed by a failing dinosaur left over from the 50's and 60's. I swear, every time I walk through a Sears, there are more employees than customers in the store, watching over a few million dollars worth of inventory with almost no liquidity...I fuckin' hate that place too. Go to Circuit City or Best Buy. Their financial statements are in the black...

Sears Holdings Corporation - Careers - Culture

Our Vision
Sears Holdings is committed to improving the lives of our customers by providing quality services, products and solutions that earn their trust and build lifetime relationships.
Our Mission
• Build customer relationships
• Make more money
• Improve every day
Our Pace
• Fast
• Effective
• Focused
Our Values
HOW WE LEAD
• Focus on the customer
• Build and align teams
• Know how to make money
HOW WE WORK TOGETHER
• Teamwork
• Integrity
• Accountability

• Coaching for execution
• Positive energy
• Recognition through results

I would call back sears and imedatly ask to speak to a supervisor. When that person gets on the phone quote there mission statement to him, emphasising the customer service parts. Then let him know that the company has not lived up to its misssion statement and you want to speak to his boss. When his boss gets on the phone again read the mission statement to him let him know he failed, then tell him your story and how they failed. I did this a few years ago when my hp moniter died, something burnt in it. Not a wear item not my fault, it was just shoddy components. I quoted there mission statement about providing the best quality product at the lowest price possible and putting the customer first. Even though my moniter was out of warentee they sent me a new one with the understaning that I had to send them the old one back.

K-Mart did not buy Sears. K-mart can not even buy a prayer. The investment group that owns the already dying K-Mart bought Sears and is using K-Mart as a clearing house for all the shit that Sears can not sell, which is basically going to end up being everything. They are already doing it with Craftsman (shit) tools....

Sears Holdings Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and if i was smart I would have bought the stock back then and be comfortable now could have bought around $20-30 a share and sold at well over $150

That is good reading. Are you saying that you believe Sears to be in a strong position? They are gasping for air and trying everything they can to dig themselves out of a hole. Trust me. Sears is not long for this world.

Well the last thing I did was call back and insist on talking to someone in Corporate or complaints etc... I left a message for someone in the corporate complaints department and was told I would be called back within 24hrs. That time has passed.....I will be calling again today, and thanks for the tips Matt! Def had that in mind, you made it easy for me :)

WELL, the saga continues. I got the part they said was broken in the mail today, replaced it in a matter of 2 minutes, it was right in the open!

No change in the washer. You press start, door locks, error F28, door stuck shut now and cant do any kind of washing. I know when I call Sears they will claim no responsibility to the mis-diagnostic. Just fucking bullshit! FUCK SEARS AND KENMORE once again :D

environment_washboard.jpg

WELL, the saga continues. I got the part they said was broken in the mail today, replaced it in a matter of 2 minutes, it was right in the open!

No change in the washer. You press start, door locks, error F28, door stuck shut now and cant do any kind of washing. I know when I call Sears they will claim no responsibility to the mis-diagnostic. Just fucking bullshit! FUCK SEARS AND KENMORE once again :D

you just figured out kenmore sucks? , i bought a fridgidare set 6 1/2 yrs ago , and that fucker is solid as hell.... by far the best i ever owned.....

and ya sears will deny any problems , they will prolly say you hooked it upwrong or something... fuckin fags

actually sears bought kmart
wikipedia is your friend, and I've posted the link to make it easier for you to find. BTW anyone who's been out of a come for the past 5 years knows sears was bought. Lets not clutter up his thread with pointless BS

Called Sears service last night again. I had them bring up my info, told them I bought the part they said to, replaced it, and no change in the washer at all! She says OK, no problem we'll setup another service call. I said sure, how soon and this one IS free right? She says, well why would it be free? (kinda giggling) I said because the last one was wrong, $80 outta pocket + the $180 I spent on the part, so why should I have to pay?? She says to hold on (it was another non-english speaking person) comes back in 1 minute and tells me, "Mr. X we can arrange the service date and if you don't like the estimate you don't HAVE to do the work". I said yes, I understand that part, but you will expect another $80 for coming out right? She says, well yeah! I then asked her to connect me to a Supervisor because she obviously can't make the call that needs to be made here. She then tells me that ALL of them are in a meeting :lol: Call back in an hour. I was on the phone with this woman for 25minutes!! I checked my call timer when I hung up. This is just insane the amount of bullshit to get my washer working correctly.

The way they are dodging the mis-diagnosis, do you think if I repaired it with them for the $525 that they would have stuck me with it when it didn't work??? Im thinking yes :(

wikipedia is your friend, and I've posted the link to make it easier for you to find. BTW anyone who's been out of a come for the past 5 years knows sears was bought. Lets not clutter up his thread with pointless BS

Wikipedia is also notoriously inaccurate. Anybody can just jump on and submit an article. It is not accepted as a relevant source in any kind of academic, scientific, or other research writing.

God damn, what a fuckin' headache dude. I sure as hell would not fork out another $80 for a useless tech to quote you for the wrong part again.

Have you tried doing research online for any other people that have had the same problem with their units?

Yeah. I haven't found any with my issue. Everyone has an issue with a mildew smell, which thankfully we don't have. But this issue isnt any better :lol:

Wikipedia is also notoriously inaccurate. Anybody can just jump on and submit an article. It is not accepted as a relevant source in any kind of academic, scientific, or other research writing.

Thank you. I did not want to argue with dude about it.

mom sells vacuums and mattresses for sears, aunt sells washers dryers, stoves, fridges.
they've been selling them for years.
Kmart bought sears.

Back